• New smart meter not reading electricity

I had my new SMETS2 smart meter installed yesterday. It is reading the gas ok, but just displays “waiting for reading” for the electricity.
    move tried turning it off and back on, and also moving the IHD right up to the main meter, but no luck.
    Please help, thanks.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I had my new SMETS2 smart meter installed yesterday. It is reading the gas ok, but just displays “waiting for reading” for the electricity.
    move tried turning it off and back on, and also moving the IHD right up to the main meter, but no luck.
    Please help, thanks.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiewright View Post
    I had my new SMETS2 smart meter installed yesterday. It is reading the gas ok, but just displays “waiting for reading” for the electricity.
    Please help, thanks.
    Hi Jamie,
    Welcome to the community

Here is a portion of a FAQ on the problems with smart meters

If your IHD isn't working as it should, go to Help > WattBot in your app, and type the words 'IHD problem'. Watt will take a bit more info from you and then pass this on to our Member services team to investigate.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jamiewright View Post
    Please help, thanks.
    Hi Jamie,
    Welcome to the community

Here is a portion of a FAQ on the problems with smart meters

If your IHD isn't working as it should, go to Help > WattBot in your app, and type the words 'IHD problem'. Watt will take a bit more info from you and then pass this on to our Member services team to investigate.

• I have exactly the same problem and followed exactly the same steps as Jamie. Raising it with the Wattbot now.
  • I have exactly the same problem and followed exactly the same steps as Jamie. Raising it with the Wattbot now.