• Meter readings

Why is my bill shown as estimated when I submit my meter reading in the day I get the mail to send it in via my app
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Why is my bill shown as estimated when I submit my meter reading in the day I get the mail to send it in via my app
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Road Runner,

Good morning and welcome to the community.

PP send us this as a reminder 3 days in advance of our dated statement re joining anniversary.
    If they sent this prompt any earlier then our usage would have to be estimated by more days instead of just 3 days, which is just a few pence. If PP left it any later leading up to the statement then I guess more people may miss or forget.
    Some members submit there reads on the statement date which is emailed the day after so their energy is not estimated. I'm not that bothered either way because when my energy is estimated (the few pence) its about almost as close as if had sent my readings at the optimum time.

It all pans out, you only get charged for the energy you use and our DD's remain unaffected.
    ​I look at this method as plus.

​Have a great day
    Last edited by Strutt G; 25-06-19 at 09:48.
  • Hi Road Runner,

Good morning and welcome to the community.

PP send us this as a reminder 3 days in advance of our dated statement re joining anniversary.
    If they sent this prompt any earlier then our usage would have to be estimated by more days instead of just 3 days, which is just a few pence. If PP left it any later leading up to the statement then I guess more people may miss or forget.
    Some members submit there reads on the statement date which is emailed the day after so their energy is not estimated. I'm not that bothered either way because when my energy is estimated (the few pence) its about almost as close as if had sent my readings at the optimum time.

It all pans out, you only get charged for the energy you use and our DD's remain unaffected.
    ​I look at this method as plus.

​Have a great day

• HI road Runner

It depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.
  • HI road Runner

It depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.

• Estimated bills

Why is it that I still get estimated bills even though I send in my readings on time
  • Why is it that I still get estimated bills even though I send in my readings on time

• Hi
  • Hi

• Hi Road Runner,

You asked the same question a few days ago are you having problems reading messages?

Link to last post:
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...Meter-readings

Follow the advice from Angelabikerbabe

​Have a great weekend
    Last edited by Strutt G; 28-06-19 at 10:58.
  • Hi Road Runner,

You asked the same question a few days ago are you having problems reading messages?

Link to last post:
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...Meter-readings

Follow the advice from Angelabikerbabe

​Have a great weekend

• Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    Why is it that I still get estimated bills even though I send in my readings on time
    Hi Road Runner,

Your previous posts on this issue were answered by fellow Community Forum members. As stated by @StruttG.....are you having difficulty reading your replies. Please post back if that is the case and someone will be able to assist.
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    Hi Road Runner,

Your previous posts on this issue were answered by fellow Community Forum members. As stated by @StruttG.....are you having difficulty reading your replies. Please post back if that is the case and someone will be able to assist.
    Gray4276

• Hey @Road Runner

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place, to make it easier to see all the great replies from other members and avoid duplicates as this can get confusing!

Top advice from @Angelabikerbabe
    • The first snow of winter arrives! ⛄ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations​​​​​​​
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?🤔​​​​​​​ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @Road Runner

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place, to make it easier to see all the great replies from other members and avoid duplicates as this can get confusing!

Top advice from @Angelabikerbabe
    • The first snow of winter arrives! ⛄ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips💚🎅​​​​​​​
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations​​​​​​​
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?🤔​​​​​​​ Find out in our quiz!