• Smart meter

Have had smart meters installed several days ago.

Display unit states waiting for data for electricity, gas seems ok.

Spoke to magnum utilities who said to contact pure palnet.

Have restarted the unit with no joy.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Have had smart meters installed several days ago.

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

I think it's just communications errors for the most part. There has been extensive testing throughout this whole project but as with anything wireless the signal can be affected by anything (Wifi, Hive, a big tree, someone's van parked outside, metal cables etc. etc.).

The communications service providers only have the obligation to ensure there is signal to the comms hub, if there are environmental factors within the home then that's unfortunately the Supplier's problem to manage customer expectations e.g. it might only work if you're sat on top of the meters!

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi MrSmart
    Do you have any figures for unsuccessful installations caused by comms issues? Is anyone tracking these?
    (Freedom of information request to the DCC perhaps)
    Disclaimer
    I'm cynical, if the tech was properly proven and field tested then you would think that these issues should be extremely rare, but they appear to be all too common.
    Something is horribly amiss here. I feel a Daily Mail story coming on....
  • I think it's just communications errors for the most part. There has been extensive testing throughout this whole project but as with anything wireless the signal can be affected by anything (Wifi, Hive, a big tree, someone's van parked outside, metal cables etc. etc.).

The communications service providers only have the obligation to ensure there is signal to the comms hub, if there are environmental factors within the home then that's unfortunately the Supplier's problem to manage customer expectations e.g. it might only work if you're sat on top of the meters!

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi MrSmart
    Do you have any figures for unsuccessful installations caused by comms issues? Is anyone tracking these?
    Disclaimer
    I'm cynical, if the tech was properly proven and field tested then you would think that these issues should be extremely rare, but they appear to be all too common.

• Hi Max
    You should contact the PP team directly via Wattbot, and they will set it away from their end.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team' ,
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.
  • Hi Max
    You should contact the PP team directly via Wattbot, and they will set it away from their end.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team' ,
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.

• Hi Max,

I'm in the same boat, except mine isn't showing any data any longer - it was displaying gas for a day or two but not anymore. Unfortunately there is a problem with IHDs across the industry and rest assured there will be work going on behind the scenes at PP to get your devices talking to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Max001 View Post

• Hi Max,

I'm in the same boat, except mine isn't showing any data any longer - it was displaying gas for a day or two but not anymore. Unfortunately there is a problem with IHDs across the industry and rest assured there will be work going on behind the scenes at PP to get your devices talking to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Max001 View Post

• hi MrSmart
    Disclaimer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    Hi Max,

• hi MrSmart
    Disclaimer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    Hi Max,

• Hey @Max001

We've done a post about IHD display issues here which includes some troubleshooting ideas and next steps if these don't work.

Hope it helps

Thanks @MrSmart for the great insight as always
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @Max001

We've done a post about IHD display issues here which includes some troubleshooting ideas and next steps if these don't work.

Hope it helps

Thanks @MrSmart for the great insight as always
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!