Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Wrong meter reading estimated

Hi there,

I’m very unhappy because you just collect me £115 from April 14th till May 20th with your estimated meters, that was: Electric 74012-74535 and Gas 5407-5443.
    Today June 21th, I have updated my meters and it marks so much less that those readings (74191 and 5419) so I would like to you give me a solution, return me the money or something.

​kind regards!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi there,

I’m very unhappy because you just collect me £115 from April 14th till May 20th with your estimated meters, that was: Electric 74012-74535 and Gas 5407-5443.
    Today June 21th, I have updated my meters and it marks so much less that those readings (74191 and 5419) so I would like to you give me a solution, return me the money or something.

​kind regards!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Yo EricFG how's it going,

Welcome to PP's community forum supported by US the customer members.

I doubt PP have increased your direct debit and I would check your bank account to confirm this?

You get a NICE reminder 3 days in advance of your statement to take a meter reading.
    You can also submit meter readings on your "statement date" so that the bill/statement is not estimated as the statement gets emailed the next day.
    I guess you know that you can submit reads within the APP frequently allowing 24 hours before you can submit again.
    I send mine every couple of weeks in case I forget, so when my Bill is estimated it has no affect as it all pans out in the end. PP does not adjust the direct debit unless usage significantly increases, and if so they would advise the same?

If your bank account confirms that your direct debit is the same as it was set up to be, as noted in your welcome pack then as you submit future reads all should level out.

Info:
    Your emailed statement is dated the same each month known as your joining anniversary.
    PP receives payment on your statement date / exactly how payment was advised from the offset / day 1.
    Your opening meter read on your monthly statement will always be last months closing read.
    As advised above if you submit meter reads on your statement date your new closing read will not be estimated.
    The APP records historic meter reads, but the reads used for the monthly period statement as based on above points.

However, to contact PP directly then utilise wattBot from and within the APP - open help - open ask wattBot
    You must first type: "Message the Team"
    Post your concerns.....attach images if you need to.
    Response back with wattBot within 2 days so head back and for the answer.

Sorry in advance if I have not deciphered your message correctly
    Last edited by Strutt G; 21-06-19 at 17:48.
  • Yo EricFG how's it going,

Welcome to PP's community forum supported by US the customer members.

I doubt PP have increased your direct debit and I would check your bank account to confirm this?

You get a NICE reminder 3 days in advance of your statement to take a meter reading.
    You can also submit meter readings on your "statement date" so that the bill/statement is not estimated as the statement gets emailed the next day.
    I guess you know that you can submit reads within the APP frequently allowing 24 hours before you can submit again.
    I send mine every couple of weeks in case I forget, so when my Bill is estimated it has no affect as it all pans out in the end. PP does not adjust the direct debit unless usage significantly increases, and if so they would advise the same?

If your bank account confirms that your direct debit is the same as it was set up to be, as noted in your welcome pack then as you submit future reads all should level out.

Info:
    Your emailed statement is dated the same each month known as your joining anniversary.
    PP receives payment on your statement date / exactly how payment was advised from the offset / day 1.
    Your opening meter read on your monthly statement will always be last months closing read.
    As advised above if you submit meter reads on your statement date your new closing read will not be estimated.
    The APP records historic meter reads, but the reads used for the monthly period statement as based on above points.

However, to contact PP directly then utilise wattBot from and within the APP - open help - open ask wattBot
    You must first type: "Message the Team"
    Post your concerns.....attach images if you need to.
    Response back with wattBot within 2 days so head back and for the answer.

Sorry in advance if I have not deciphered your message correctly

• Hi EricFG,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers....you are posting to fellow customers and not directly to PP. Having said that, PP do have Community Managers who do "check out" Community posts, and may pick up your thread. However the best way to contact PP directly, is as @StruttG has detailed, in his reply.

I am a little confused by the dates that you have quoted in your post.....I can't determine if you have had a "consolidated" statement, which would cover more than 1 full billing period.
    If you have supplied updated meter readings, then these will show in your App meter readings section. These readings will also be taken into account when producing your next statement.

Just a point for your future reference......try to submit your meter readings on the "by" date contained in the email reminder that PP send us all every month. If you give the readings before the "by" date, then PP will "estimate" the usage between the date that you submitted, and the actual "by" date. You can supply meter readings at any time, if you wish, but the important one is the "by" date reading.

Your DD payment will not fluctuate on a month by month basis, as PP will carry out a DD payment review every 6 months, to determine if any change is warranted.

Please feel free to post to the Community Forum, if you require any more clarification, on any other matters. The forum has many helpful members, who are only too willing to assist fellow PP customers.

Quote Originally Posted by EricFG View Post
    Hi there,

​kind regards!
    Last edited by Gray4276; 21-06-19 at 21:15.
    Gray4276
  • Hi EricFG,

Welcome to the Community Forum for PP customers....you are posting to fellow customers and not directly to PP. Having said that, PP do have Community Managers who do "check out" Community posts, and may pick up your thread. However the best way to contact PP directly, is as @StruttG has detailed, in his reply.

I am a little confused by the dates that you have quoted in your post.....I can't determine if you have had a "consolidated" statement, which would cover more than 1 full billing period.
    If you have supplied updated meter readings, then these will show in your App meter readings section. These readings will also be taken into account when producing your next statement.

Just a point for your future reference......try to submit your meter readings on the "by" date contained in the email reminder that PP send us all every month. If you give the readings before the "by" date, then PP will "estimate" the usage between the date that you submitted, and the actual "by" date. You can supply meter readings at any time, if you wish, but the important one is the "by" date reading.

Your DD payment will not fluctuate on a month by month basis, as PP will carry out a DD payment review every 6 months, to determine if any change is warranted.

Please feel free to post to the Community Forum, if you require any more clarification, on any other matters. The forum has many helpful members, who are only too willing to assist fellow PP customers.

Hi there,

​kind regards!
    Gray4276

• hi EricFG, welcome to the community.
    May I ask how long you've been with PP? It matters because it does take a while to know if your payments are on track for what you are using. Also it takes a few weeks to verify your starting readings.
    I suspect your unhappiness is a result of not understanding how your energy account works rather than PP having done anything wrong with payments.
    It's also possible that your direct debit is set to too high an amount.

It works like this:
    You get a quote when you join, which is based on how much energy PP think you are going to use OVER A YEAR.
    Presumably you accepted the quote and accepted the figure of the direct debit? (You do know the direct debit is less in the summer months for 6 months and increases in the winter months, it increases from October)
    Check your quote and welcome pack.
    Over the course of a year you will pay the same amount every month (apart from the change October to March) and if the consumption estimate is close, your balance will be right or about right at the end of the year.
    PP won't change the direct debit unless you use too much or too little energy.(or if prices change which they can do)
    It's probably much too early to say whether your payments are set to the right amount, I'd let it get to midwinter and check your balance then.
    In the meanwhile if you're still unhappy post back or send a message through help in the app type "message team" and ask and someone from PP will get back to you with an explanation.

In the meanwhile check with your bank and I think you'll find that they have taken the amount you agreed.
    When you get the reminder by email to send in meter readings, send them in, your statement will eventually settle down and correct itself.
    If after a few months you think your direct debit is set too high you can ask for it to be reduced.

Hi there,

​kind regards!
  • hi EricFG, welcome to the community.
    May I ask how long you've been with PP? It matters because it does take a while to know if your payments are on track for what you are using. Also it takes a few weeks to verify your starting readings.
    I suspect your unhappiness is a result of not understanding how your energy account works rather than PP having done anything wrong with payments.
    It's also possible that your direct debit is set to too high an amount.

It works like this:
    You get a quote when you join, which is based on how much energy PP think you are going to use OVER A YEAR.
    Presumably you accepted the quote and accepted the figure of the direct debit? (You do know the direct debit is less in the summer months for 6 months and increases in the winter months, it increases from October)
    Check your quote and welcome pack.
    Over the course of a year you will pay the same amount every month (apart from the change October to March) and if the consumption estimate is close, your balance will be right or about right at the end of the year.
    PP won't change the direct debit unless you use too much or too little energy.(or if prices change which they can do)
    It's probably much too early to say whether your payments are set to the right amount, I'd let it get to midwinter and check your balance then.
    In the meanwhile if you're still unhappy post back or send a message through help in the app type "message team" and ask and someone from PP will get back to you with an explanation.

In the meanwhile check with your bank and I think you'll find that they have taken the amount you agreed.
    When you get the reminder by email to send in meter readings, send them in, your statement will eventually settle down and correct itself.
    If after a few months you think your direct debit is set too high you can ask for it to be reduced.

Hi there,

​kind regards!