• Wow, well done! Im going to play with it as soon as I get back home tonight.
  • Wow, well done! Im going to play with it as soon as I get back home tonight.
  • I'm waiting until the weekend before I check the web based version out on my laptop (chrome browser and windows 10)

That will mean that I'll have PP on 3 devices......mobile......tablet......and laptop......I'm really spoiled....right ??
    Gray4276
  • I'm waiting until the weekend before I check the web based version out on my laptop (chrome browser and windows 10)

That will mean that I'll have PP on 3 devices......mobile......tablet......and laptop......I'm really spoiled....right ??
    Gray4276
  • Hi Guys,

Firstly an apology, I should be more active in the community and respond a lot more often to the great feedback you all provide, we’ve been pretty busy over these last few months delivering web service and quote and join on the web but now this is all released i’ll take more time to chat and respond on here.

This was a very major delivery for us and although you guys see the app and the website and now web service, that is the tip of the iceberg in terms of technical solution. In order for us to provide great service to our members, we have designed and built a brand new workflow solution to support home move, join on the web and service on the web, this allows us to have much greater control of the very complex energy industry workflows and provide better information to our members. This new functionality also means we can deliver new features such as Smart Meter booking in the app and the much talked about multi-property management in the future.

Sorry for the long outage on Wednesday and the fact the app displayed the failed to connect screen rather than the maintenance screen. The reason for this is in order to release all of this new functionality we had to take everything down, we couldn’t risk members having the old app and try to join or submit meter releasing while we were making all of these changes.

It took 1.5 hours to release all the changes and then another 1.5 hours to move all the quote data and recent joiners into the right place in the workflow. Because you might not be using the app when we take things down it’s difficult for us to tell the app that the servers are down for maintenance, when you open the app it tries to connect to the server, which was down while we were installing, hence you would see the failed to connect message. The good news is that we only do that for major upgrades so only once or twice a year at other times we release and don’t take the servers offline or only take down certain servers so you see the nice friendly maintenance screens.

I can see here that quite a few of you have been checking out our brand new service on the web and that you have found one or two minor issues, your feedback here is really valuable as you use it for real on a wonderful range of devices and browser versions.

My plan is to get a release out really quickly to address some issues we’ve observed that are impacting quite a number of users, such as WattBot photos not working in the app and the community login email not working, then do a series of weekly or fortnightly releases addressing, layout issues, snags and edge cases. Either Marc or I will do a post when the next release is coming.

I’ll do another post in a couple of weeks about what’s coming next.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz,

Screenshots will be great do see any odd behaviour.

On the Chrome browser version, if you update to the latest it should all work ok, we observed some unresponsive buttons when using older versions of Chrome, these were all resolved by taking the latest update. I'd love to be able to support all versions of all browsers but it's very difficult to achieve and would mean delivering new features would take much longer. As we go through fixing snags we'll try to cover off as many old versions as possible so keep the feedback coming!

On the login in front, we want our members to have the best possible experience, so if you're using mobile we recommend using the app and the login functionality checks for the presence of the app and opens it, we expect most if of our members will still use the app. I'll do another post about login functionality in the future, there will be changes coming to make it easier on web, but I'm not sure when we'll start work on it.

I'll take a look at the mouse over too

Thanks
    Helen

Head of Technical Design & Delivery
    Pure Planet
  • Hi Guys,

Firstly an apology, I should be more active in the community and respond a lot more often to the great feedback you all provide, we’ve been pretty busy over these last few months delivering web service and quote and join on the web but now this is all released i’ll take more time to chat and respond on here.

This was a very major delivery for us and although you guys see the app and the website and now web service, that is the tip of the iceberg in terms of technical solution. In order for us to provide great service to our members, we have designed and built a brand new workflow solution to support home move, join on the web and service on the web, this allows us to have much greater control of the very complex energy industry workflows and provide better information to our members. This new functionality also means we can deliver new features such as Smart Meter booking in the app and the much talked about multi-property management in the future.

Sorry for the long outage on Wednesday and the fact the app displayed the failed to connect screen rather than the maintenance screen. The reason for this is in order to release all of this new functionality we had to take everything down, we couldn’t risk members having the old app and try to join or submit meter releasing while we were making all of these changes.

It took 1.5 hours to release all the changes and then another 1.5 hours to move all the quote data and recent joiners into the right place in the workflow. Because you might not be using the app when we take things down it’s difficult for us to tell the app that the servers are down for maintenance, when you open the app it tries to connect to the server, which was down while we were installing, hence you would see the failed to connect message. The good news is that we only do that for major upgrades so only once or twice a year at other times we release and don’t take the servers offline or only take down certain servers so you see the nice friendly maintenance screens.

I can see here that quite a few of you have been checking out our brand new service on the web and that you have found one or two minor issues, your feedback here is really valuable as you use it for real on a wonderful range of devices and browser versions.

My plan is to get a release out really quickly to address some issues we’ve observed that are impacting quite a number of users, such as WattBot photos not working in the app and the community login email not working, then do a series of weekly or fortnightly releases addressing, layout issues, snags and edge cases. Either Marc or I will do a post when the next release is coming.

I’ll do another post in a couple of weeks about what’s coming next.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz,

Screenshots will be great do see any odd behaviour.

On the Chrome browser version, if you update to the latest it should all work ok, we observed some unresponsive buttons when using older versions of Chrome, these were all resolved by taking the latest update. I'd love to be able to support all versions of all browsers but it's very difficult to achieve and would mean delivering new features would take much longer. As we go through fixing snags we'll try to cover off as many old versions as possible so keep the feedback coming!

On the login in front, we want our members to have the best possible experience, so if you're using mobile we recommend using the app and the login functionality checks for the presence of the app and opens it, we expect most if of our members will still use the app. I'll do another post about login functionality in the future, there will be changes coming to make it easier on web, but I'm not sure when we'll start work on it.

I'll take a look at the mouse over too

Thanks
    Helen

Pure Planet
  • Thanks, I know my Chrome browser is old, I can't update it on this laptop (XP don't laugh) but my migration to a new laptop is partly under way..Windows 10 is horrible..arghhhh..
    I sort of didn't expect it to work properly on old chrome, so no big deal as firefox seems to work OK.
    I know the app is intended as the de-facto choice on mobiles but there should still be a choice, like the banks offer, it points you to the app by default but, if for any reason you prefer to use the "desktop" version you have the choice. All I'm saying is you should do the same.
  • Thanks, I know my Chrome browser is old, I can't update it on this laptop (XP don't laugh) but my migration to a new laptop is partly under way..Windows 10 is horrible..arghhhh..
    I sort of didn't expect it to work properly on old chrome, so no big deal as firefox seems to work OK.
    I know the app is intended as the de-facto choice on mobiles but there should still be a choice, like the banks offer, it points you to the app by default but, if for any reason you prefer to use the "desktop" version you have the choice. All I'm saying is you should do the same.
  • Hey everyone

Just a quick update -

The Community login issue has been fixed, so there'll be no issues logging in directly from the Community homepage or via your account, woop

We're aware of an issue as mentioned by @HOB following the release, which is preventing members from being able send photos to the team via WattBot in the app. Our Tech Team is working on a fix for this which we're looking to release early next week

We'll of course let you all know when the fix is happening if anyone's tried sending a pic to the team over the last few days, they'll have let you know how to email this to them instead so just keep an eye out for their reply as usual.
  • Hey everyone

Just a quick update -

The Community login issue has been fixed, so there'll be no issues logging in directly from the Community homepage or via your account, woop

We're aware of an issue as mentioned by @HOB following the release, which is preventing members from being able send photos to the team via WattBot in the app. Our Tech Team is working on a fix for this which we're looking to release early next week

We'll of course let you all know when the fix is happening if anyone's tried sending a pic to the team over the last few days, they'll have let you know how to email this to them instead so just keep an eye out for their reply as usual.
  • Thanks Nat, have a great weekend and to all at PP
  • Thanks Nat, have a great weekend and to all at PP
  • Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Hi Marc

Just checked out the new website - small correction needed as the word “see” is on the front page as “se” under the heading “Manage your account wherever, whenever”
    Thanks for pointing this out, we’ve corrected it now
    Helen

Pure Planet
  • Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Hi Marc

Just checked out the new website - small correction needed as the word “see” is on the front page as “se” under the heading “Manage your account wherever, whenever”
    Thanks for pointing this out, we’ve corrected it now
    Helen

Pure Planet
  • Hey @Marc,

As promised, I've tried to use the new webpage on my Laptop..........(HP with Chrome browser and Windows 10)

Webpage loads up ok, but when I tap the login link in the email sent........it opens the App on my mobile (where email was actioned). I closed the App on my mobile. The webpage didn't seem to have done anything......then when I hit the back button on my chrome browser......I "appeared" to be logged in.

​However the Community home page still had the "log in" option available......so obviously I wasn't actually " logged in".
    This was confirmed by the fact that when I opened a thread that I had posted into.......there was no green dot next to my name, indicating that I wasn't logged in/active.

Not too sure what I will gain from the webpage over the App.......which I'm comfortable using. Maybe you can let me know what's up, or whether I really need the webpage. Unless, of course that is going to become the PP preferred mode of conducting business.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    I'm waiting until the weekend before I check the web based version out on my laptop (chrome browser and windows 10)

Gray4276
  • Hey @Marc,

As promised, I've tried to use the new webpage on my Laptop..........(HP with Chrome browser and Windows 10)

Webpage loads up ok, but when I tap the login link in the email sent........it opens the App on my mobile (where email was actioned). I closed the App on my mobile. The webpage didn't seem to have done anything......then when I hit the back button on my chrome browser......I "appeared" to be logged in.

​However the Community home page still had the "log in" option available......so obviously I wasn't actually " logged in".
    This was confirmed by the fact that when I opened a thread that I had posted into.......there was no green dot next to my name, indicating that I wasn't logged in/active.

Not too sure what I will gain from the webpage over the App.......which I'm comfortable using. Maybe you can let me know what's up, or whether I really need the webpage. Unless, of course that is going to become the PP preferred mode of conducting business.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    I'm waiting until the weekend before I check the web based version out on my laptop (chrome browser and windows 10)

Gray4276
  • Hi gray.
    Am i reading this correctly. You used laptop to open webpage but then used your mobile to read and respond to email login ?.
    I have noticed that you cant log into website on a device that has the app installed as it simply opens the app and ignores the website.
    However i think you would need to read and respond to the email on your laptop to login using said laptop.
    I think the app will always be the preferred way to run the acct and will have more functionality than webpage, but having the webpage opens up PP to a bigger range of customers. And without the website PP can never be the supplier of last resort if they chose to bid for that chance.
    I also have my own theory as to why a website has been introduced but that is proberly just my crazy mind workjng overtime.
  • Hi gray.
    Am i reading this correctly. You used laptop to open webpage but then used your mobile to read and respond to email login ?.
    I have noticed that you cant log into website on a device that has the app installed as it simply opens the app and ignores the website.
    However i think you would need to read and respond to the email on your laptop to login using said laptop.
    I think the app will always be the preferred way to run the acct and will have more functionality than webpage, but having the webpage opens up PP to a bigger range of customers. And without the website PP can never be the supplier of last resort if they chose to bid for that chance.
    I also have my own theory as to why a website has been introduced but that is proberly just my crazy mind workjng overtime.
  • me too (theory), and I'd like to see an app/desktop choice on mobile devices, but not hopeful...
    ​Gray is your Chrome synced between devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hi gray.
  • me too (theory), and I'd like to see an app/desktop choice on mobile devices, but not hopeful...
    ​Gray is your Chrome synced between devices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Hi gray.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey @Marc,

Thanks for the feedback @Gray4276
    Great to hear that the website loads OK.

Webpage loads up ok, but when I tap the login link in the email sent........it opens the App on my mobile (where email was actioned).
    Yes, that's right. If you verify your login email on a laptop, it'll open on a laptop. If you verify your login on a phone, it'll open on a phone.
    If you want to use the desktop web version, you'll need to access your email account on that machine.

Not too sure what I will gain from the webpage over the App.......which I'm comfortable using.
    Great, keep using the app! The web is for anyone who prefers desktop to mobile. Or who has an old(ish) phone which isn't compatible with the app.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey @Marc,

Thanks for the feedback @Gray4276
    Great to hear that the website loads OK.

Webpage loads up ok, but when I tap the login link in the email sent........it opens the App on my mobile (where email was actioned).
    Yes, that's right. If you verify your login email on a laptop, it'll open on a laptop. If you verify your login on a phone, it'll open on a phone.
    If you want to use the desktop web version, you'll need to access your email account on that machine.

Not too sure what I will gain from the webpage over the App.......which I'm comfortable using.
    Great, keep using the app! The web is for anyone who prefers desktop to mobile. Or who has an old(ish) phone which isn't compatible with the app.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hey everyone, another update for you!

We released an app update for Android devices today with various bug fixes.

We're looking to release an update for iOS tomorrow, I'll let you know here once this goes ahead

For now you'll see that the option to send a photo via WattBot has been removed (while we're working on a fix) - if the team do need a photo from you, they'll provide an email address to send these through to
  • Hey everyone, another update for you!

We released an app update for Android devices today with various bug fixes.

We're looking to release an update for iOS tomorrow, I'll let you know here once this goes ahead

For now you'll see that the option to send a photo via WattBot has been removed (while we're working on a fix) - if the team do need a photo from you, they'll provide an email address to send these through to
  • Hello all,
    Thank goodness for the new in-browser facility!
    My app (on rooted android 6) isn't working today. I just get a nice, PP-blue screen with the drop-down menu button and no functionality at all.
    I've updated, cleared cache & data, deleted, re-installed - nothing.
    Any thoughts, anyone? (On-topic, for preference!)
  • Hello all,
    Thank goodness for the new in-browser facility!
    My app (on rooted android 6) isn't working today. I just get a nice, PP-blue screen with the drop-down menu button and no functionality at all.
    I've updated, cleared cache & data, deleted, re-installed - nothing.
    Any thoughts, anyone? (On-topic, for preference!)
  • Hey @StevieBee

We don't support rooted devices, so that's likely why the app's not working for you.

Glad to hear the web service is though you could always log in to web on your phone internet browser if the app is uninstalled.
  • Hey @StevieBee

We don't support rooted devices, so that's likely why the app's not working for you.

Glad to hear the web service is though you could always log in to web on your phone internet browser if the app is uninstalled.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey @StevieBee

That must have been a new policy decision? Prior warning would have saved a certain amount of irritation & wasted time! ;-)

Ah, well. I won't run an unrooted Android device so I guess I'll just use the browser from now on.

Not a problem.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post
    Hey @StevieBee

That must have been a new policy decision? Prior warning would have saved a certain amount of irritation & wasted time! ;-)

Ah, well. I won't run an unrooted Android device so I guess I'll just use the browser from now on.

Not a problem.
  • Oddly enough - it won't work for me in Chrome, but it does work in Chrome based Edge and IE. In Chrome, it briefly flashes up and the page goes white.

Why do I only see four options?

"Refer friends
    "Community
    Blog
    Your usage

Where are all the options displayed in the top post?
  • Oddly enough - it won't work for me in Chrome, but it does work in Chrome based Edge and IE. In Chrome, it briefly flashes up and the page goes white.

"Refer friends
    "Community
    Blog
    Your usage

• Just a blank page when I use the link.
  • Just a blank page when I use the link.
  • hi StevieBee
    It's not a new policy decision, PP have never supported rooted devices, as don't any other commercial entity. From a security perspective I'd always start from the premise that an institution doesn't support rooted devices, so anything else is a bonus (if you run a rooted device).

Quote Originally Posted by StevieBee View Post

Not a problem.
  • hi StevieBee
    It's not a new policy decision, PP have never supported rooted devices, as don't any other commercial entity. From a security perspective I'd always start from the premise that an institution doesn't support rooted devices, so anything else is a bonus (if you run a rooted device).

Quote Originally Posted by StevieBee View Post

Not a problem.
  • hi brentstarburst
    arghhh, yes the example doesn't reflect what you get, I only have 3 balls on LHS, (the operation was a success) - chrome up to date windows 10 up to date. I think that's as intended. Not sure where that example came from.
    this is what i see. Is your chrome up to date? I had a similar issue on an out of date chrome.
    Name:  accountpage-r.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  13.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentstarburst View Post
    Oddly enough - it won't work for me in Chrome, but it does work in Chrome based Edge and IE. In Chrome, it briefly flashes up and the page goes white.

"Refer friends
    "Community
    Blog
    Your usage

• hi brentstarburst
    arghhh, yes the example doesn't reflect what you get, I only have 3 balls on LHS, (the operation was a success) - chrome up to date windows 10 up to date. I think that's as intended. Not sure where that example came from.
    this is what i see. Is your chrome up to date? I had a similar issue on an out of date chrome.
    Name:  accountpage-r.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  13.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentstarburst View Post
    Oddly enough - it won't work for me in Chrome, but it does work in Chrome based Edge and IE. In Chrome, it briefly flashes up and the page goes white.

"Refer friends
    "Community
    Blog
    Your usage

• tHE LINK DOES NOT WORK IN MY CHROME BROWSER
  • tHE LINK DOES NOT WORK IN MY CHROME BROWSER