• How can you login on a laptop (MacBook) if you don't have an email client set up on it.
  • How can you login on a laptop (MacBook) if you don't have an email client set up on it.
  • hi Alf13n
    We have a stray cat now called Alfie I thought you might like to know that...

There are a few ways around this but it's a bit of a faff.
    In essence what you need to do is find some way of getting the login link credentials in the email to your macbook via something they can both access. (You could for example use whatsapp if you can access that on the device with your email and the macbook)
    I'll give you a starter method

1. Go to your emails and delete all the login mails so you have none left (this removes the chance of using the wrong mail and having to start all over again)
    2. Attempt Log in and thus generate a login mail.
    3. On the device with your email on it open the mail and copy the pink link credentials (depends on device as to how you do that long press on a phone, right click and copy on pc etc) It's a very long string...
    4.Go to https://tinyurl.com/ and paste the link into tinyurl and generate a short url. MAKE A CAREFUL NOTE OF THAT EXACT SHORT URL
    5. On macbook paste that short url into the address bar of the browser
    6. Did that work?
    6 and a bit . DON'T LOG OUT when you've finished (unless you want to do it all again!)- it will stay logged in even if the browser is closed

Quote Originally Posted by Alf13n View Post
    How can you login on a laptop (MacBook) if you don't have an email client set up on it.
  • hi Alf13n
    We have a stray cat now called Alfie I thought you might like to know that...

There are a few ways around this but it's a bit of a faff.
    In essence what you need to do is find some way of getting the login link credentials in the email to your macbook via something they can both access. (You could for example use whatsapp if you can access that on the device with your email and the macbook)
    I'll give you a starter method

1. Go to your emails and delete all the login mails so you have none left (this removes the chance of using the wrong mail and having to start all over again)
    2. Attempt Log in and thus generate a login mail.
    3. On the device with your email on it open the mail and copy the pink link credentials (depends on device as to how you do that long press on a phone, right click and copy on pc etc) It's a very long string...
    4.Go to https://tinyurl.com/ and paste the link into tinyurl and generate a short url. MAKE A CAREFUL NOTE OF THAT EXACT SHORT URL
    5. On macbook paste that short url into the address bar of the browser
    6. Did that work?
    6 and a bit . DON'T LOG OUT when you've finished (unless you want to do it all again!)- it will stay logged in even if the browser is closed

Quote Originally Posted by Alf13n View Post
    How can you login on a laptop (MacBook) if you don't have an email client set up on it.
  • Thanks WOZ. You're right, it is a faff. Here's me hoping of being able to login using any pc/laptop. Think I'll just stay with the app on my phone.
  • Thanks WOZ. You're right, it is a faff. Here's me hoping of being able to login using any pc/laptop. Think I'll just stay with the app on my phone.
  • Hi @Alf13n
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    What kind of email client do you use? I use iCloud.com to access my Apple ID on a laptop. That way I can get my email and login to my PP account on web.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Alf13n
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    What kind of email client do you use? I use iCloud.com to access my Apple ID on a laptop. That way I can get my email and login to my PP account on web.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet