• Pure Planet update - now you can join and manage your account in a web browser as well as your app

Hi everyone

We’ve got some exciting news to share and I wanted to let everyone in our community know first.

Today we added a new section to the Pure Planet website which means you can now get access to your account in a web browser as well as your Pure Planet app.

Just go to the Pure Planet website and click on the avatar in the top right corner to log in and do the same things on the web as in your app - such as as send a meter reading, check your balance, ask WattBot a question, check your energy usage.

Name:  Account balance on web.PNG
Views: 2753
Size:  248.9 KB

What else is new?

From today anyone joining Pure Planet can complete the full switch on the web, too

If you’re joining from a price comparison website too you’ll also be switched without having to download the app.

And if you’ve just moved into a new home already on supply with Pure Planet there’s also a new section in both app and web called ‘Moved into a Pure Planet home?’ which will guide you through joining up.

Name:  Move in app and web.PNG
Views: 2771
Size:  388.8 KB

Our website is supported by Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge - it’s a good idea to make sure you’re using the latest version of your favourite browser.

Thanks to community members who’ve helped us out with suggestions and feedback on this. There’ve been so many of you helping us out, but a special mention to @woz @Jon1 @Lenny @Gil @Oakbank @Jowl @Bev @MrSmart @Angelabikerbabe

We know that the new web version of your Pure Planet account needs a bit of polish. We’ve already set aside some of our lovely tech team’s time to make improvements in the coming months.

There’s a couple of things not available on web in this first release.

- Energy usage graphs

- Ability to upload a meter photo (either directly for your opening reading, or via WattBot).

Both of these features will be added to web soon and of course they’re still in your app!

Also, unlike the app there’s no torch on web! We’re probably not going to build one of those.

Spot anything else? Please do flag it up here as your feedback is always really useful, and appreciated.
    Last edited by Marc; 19-06-19 at 11:13.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

We’ve got some exciting news to share and I wanted to let everyone in our community know first.

Today we added a new section to the Pure Planet website which means you can now get access to your account in a web browser as well as your Pure Planet app.

Just go to the Pure Planet website and click on the avatar in the top right corner to log in and do the same things on the web as in your app - such as as send a meter reading, check your balance, ask WattBot a question, check your energy usage.

Name:  Account balance on web.PNG
Views: 2753
Size:  248.9 KB

What else is new?

From today anyone joining Pure Planet can complete the full switch on the web, too

If you’re joining from a price comparison website too you’ll also be switched without having to download the app.

And if you’ve just moved into a new home already on supply with Pure Planet there’s also a new section in both app and web called ‘Moved into a Pure Planet home?’ which will guide you through joining up.

Name:  Move in app and web.PNG
Views: 2771
Size:  388.8 KB

Our website is supported by Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge - it’s a good idea to make sure you’re using the latest version of your favourite browser.

Thanks to community members who’ve helped us out with suggestions and feedback on this. There’ve been so many of you helping us out, but a special mention to @woz @Jon1 @Lenny @Gil @Oakbank @Jowl @Bev @MrSmart @Angelabikerbabe

We know that the new web version of your Pure Planet account needs a bit of polish. We’ve already set aside some of our lovely tech team’s time to make improvements in the coming months.

There’s a couple of things not available on web in this first release.

- Energy usage graphs

- Ability to upload a meter photo (either directly for your opening reading, or via WattBot).

Both of these features will be added to web soon and of course they’re still in your app!

Also, unlike the app there’s no torch on web! We’re probably not going to build one of those.

Spot anything else? Please do flag it up here as your feedback is always really useful, and appreciated.

• WOW!

My first impression (Firefox on Mac OSX) is it's smooth, slick and looks great. Every option I selected was responsive and gave me the info. GREAT job

I'll do some more indepth testing later.
  • WOW!

My first impression (Firefox on Mac OSX) is it's smooth, slick and looks great. Every option I selected was responsive and gave me the info. GREAT job

I'll do some more indepth testing later.
  • Hi @Marc ,

Congrats on the improved website. I found two oddities :-
    1. On my 2018 iPad, the new app freezes the reveal animation mid way. This didn’t happen in the previous version. I attach a screenshot where the animation freezes. Restarting the app sorted this out, but it did happen a few times in a row.
    Name:  30586C82-A326-4719-AFB4-C6729D63595D.jpeg
Views: 2854
Size:  305.3 KB
    2. When you click on the ‘community’ button on the iOS iPad app, it takes you to the community forum on iOS. When I go to the news item about the new app (this thread), and click on the link to the new website, a browser window opens but in the RH navigation menu, the log in to the account at the top of the navigation is not showing. See screenshot. Name:  E91ED829-A8B8-4701-89DA-D90F6046BDFD.png
Views: 2778
Size:  1.42 MB

Opening the webpage in safari or chrome, the log in link appears.

I thought I mention it in case this your user stats show that many of your customers use the iOS app on their iPad...
  • Hi @Marc ,

Congrats on the improved website. I found two oddities :-
    1. On my 2018 iPad, the new app freezes the reveal animation mid way. This didn’t happen in the previous version. I attach a screenshot where the animation freezes. Restarting the app sorted this out, but it did happen a few times in a row.
    Name:  30586C82-A326-4719-AFB4-C6729D63595D.jpeg
Views: 2854
Size:  305.3 KB
    2. When you click on the ‘community’ button on the iOS iPad app, it takes you to the community forum on iOS. When I go to the news item about the new app (this thread), and click on the link to the new website, a browser window opens but in the RH navigation menu, the log in to the account at the top of the navigation is not showing. See screenshot. Name:  E91ED829-A8B8-4701-89DA-D90F6046BDFD.png
Views: 2778
Size:  1.42 MB

Opening the webpage in safari or chrome, the log in link appears.

I thought I mention it in case this your user stats show that many of your customers use the iOS app on their iPad...
  • I am unable to log in to the web page, I have tried on three devices all android using chrome browser. On two of the devices I have the app installed and the email log in link tries to log me into the app, trying to force stop the app doesn't work as the link wakes it up again to log in. On the other device ( android 4.4.2 ) with no app the web page tries to log in but just goes blank. All device chrome apps are running latest version
  • I am unable to log in to the web page, I have tried on three devices all android using chrome browser. On two of the devices I have the app installed and the email log in link tries to log me into the app, trying to force stop the app doesn't work as the link wakes it up again to log in. On the other device ( android 4.4.2 ) with no app the web page tries to log in but just goes blank. All device chrome apps are running latest version
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    I am unable to log in to the web page, I have tried on three devices all android using chrome browser. On two of the devices I have the app installed and the email log in link tries to log me into the app, trying to force stop the app doesn't work as the link wakes it up again to log in. On the other device ( android 4.4.2 ) with no app the web page tries to log in but just goes blank. All device chrome apps are running latest version
    Hi @Duppy
    Have you tried web on a non-mobile device?
    Re the third device running Android 4.4.2 - we support Android 5 (aka 'Lollipop') and above.

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    I am unable to log in to the web page, I have tried on three devices all android using chrome browser. On two of the devices I have the app installed and the email log in link tries to log me into the app, trying to force stop the app doesn't work as the link wakes it up again to log in. On the other device ( android 4.4.2 ) with no app the web page tries to log in but just goes blank. All device chrome apps are running latest version
    Hi @Duppy
    Re the third device running Android 4.4.2 - we support Android 5 (aka 'Lollipop') and above.

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Duppy
    I haven't tried on the laptop yet, the battery died some time ago and must always be plugged in, plus it takes forever to load up, re the android 4.4.2 device that's why there is no app installed but the browser is the latest ( for that device anyway)..I will try the laptop later anyway if only to check it out.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Duppy
    I haven't tried on the laptop yet, the battery died some time ago and must always be plugged in, plus it takes forever to load up, re the android 4.4.2 device that's why there is no app installed but the browser is the latest ( for that device anyway)..I will try the laptop later anyway if only to check it out.
  • I've also run into some issues both on laptop and mobile, but then my chrome browser on pc is out of date but similar issues to above of freezing.
    Also strange behaviour when selections on slide out on top rhs is clicked, slide out remains and background changes, but slide-out should slide back in.
    I'll post back with screenshots when more testing done, later if time permits but busy going nowhere...arghhhhh

One thing that I would like to see changed (and I'm sure this has been done deliberately) is the ability NOT to go to the app on my phone when I click on the login link but to have a choice.
    This is easily fixed: the login mail should have 2 flavours irrespective of device. If requested from a browser it should allow login to app OR browser (as it does on the PC). If requested from app it should go to the app.I don't appear to have that choice.
    At present the login mail appears to be the same whether instigated from app or browser?

Later update:
    If you mouse over the dropdown options the cursor response on all is appropriate APART FROM THE LOG OUT option for which the cursor does not properly respond. The log out still works ok if you click on it, it's just that you think it isn't going to.
    Last edited by woz; 19-06-19 at 15:58. Reason: updateeepoos
  • I've also run into some issues both on laptop and mobile, but then my chrome browser on pc is out of date but similar issues to above of freezing.
    Also strange behaviour when selections on slide out on top rhs is clicked, slide out remains and background changes, but slide-out should slide back in.
    I'll post back with screenshots when more testing done, later if time permits but busy going nowhere...arghhhhh

One thing that I would like to see changed (and I'm sure this has been done deliberately) is the ability NOT to go to the app on my phone when I click on the login link but to have a choice.
    This is easily fixed: the login mail should have 2 flavours irrespective of device. If requested from a browser it should allow login to app OR browser (as it does on the PC). If requested from app it should go to the app.I don't appear to have that choice.
    At present the login mail appears to be the same whether instigated from app or browser?

Later update:
    If you mouse over the dropdown options the cursor response on all is appropriate APART FROM THE LOG OUT option for which the cursor does not properly respond. The log out still works ok if you click on it, it's just that you think it isn't going to.
  • Not just me then.
    Minor issue. When i open menu and tap login, login page opens but menu needs to be swiped away.

Minor issue. Cannot view web portal on a device which has app installed as log in email opens the app.

Thats a shame issue. App is always logged into acct 1 , if on same device ( i have no others)i use website to login to acct 2 i get login email ok but when link used it simply opens the app which is still logged in to acct 1. Does not open acct 2 as expected. I was hoping to use app to see acct 1 and web portal to view acct 2.does not seem possible.
  • Not just me then.
    Minor issue. When i open menu and tap login, login page opens but menu needs to be swiped away.

Minor issue. Cannot view web portal on a device which has app installed as log in email opens the app.

Thats a shame issue. App is always logged into acct 1 , if on same device ( i have no others)i use website to login to acct 2 i get login email ok but when link used it simply opens the app which is still logged in to acct 1. Does not open acct 2 as expected. I was hoping to use app to see acct 1 and web portal to view acct 2.does not seem possible.
  • Appears Safari on my mac is not recognised but works via google chrome so I'll switch between - as needed.

I think the Safari issue relates to my end because recent Apple updates (10.13.6) will not install and the mac does not correctly shut down leaving a black screen and cursor. Apple have not resolved the issue after I tried a full reinstall before the update/install which resolved this problem.

I then tried again to install the latest software (High S) but back with same issue meaning Safari will not update as Safari is part of the OS. 2011 mac pro - I used the GENIUS desk for the first time and the dude hinted that it could be a combo of hardware and software. I guess since I've upgraded bits over the last couple of years outside of Apple, thats its and good night from him.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 19-06-19 at 21:31.
  • Appears Safari on my mac is not recognised but works via google chrome so I'll switch between - as needed.

I think the Safari issue relates to my end because recent Apple updates (10.13.6) will not install and the mac does not correctly shut down leaving a black screen and cursor. Apple have not resolved the issue after I tried a full reinstall before the update/install which resolved this problem.

I then tried again to install the latest software (High S) but back with same issue meaning Safari will not update as Safari is part of the OS. 2011 mac pro - I used the GENIUS desk for the first time and the dude hinted that it could be a combo of hardware and software. I guess since I've upgraded bits over the last couple of years outside of Apple, thats its and good night from him.
  • After getting it to work using Chrome, I copied the link address into Opera and that appears to be working too.
  • After getting it to work using Chrome, I copied the link address into Opera and that appears to be working too.
  • Hi Marc

Just checked out the new website - small correction needed as the word “see” is on the front page as “se” under the heading “Manage your account wherever, whenever”
  • Hi Marc

Just checked out the new website - small correction needed as the word “see” is on the front page as “se” under the heading “Manage your account wherever, whenever”
  • Name:  chrome-issue-r.jpg
Views: 2741
Size:  20.2 KB
    my chrome browser - not the most up to date but still...solidly broken on PP.
    firefox OK apart from strange behaviour of white panel.

Some feedback - the text spacing on white rhs panel is too spaced vertically - too much white space and too much unnecessary scrolling.
    The top left planet sits over text as you scroll. It shouldn't.
  • Name:  chrome-issue-r.jpg

Some feedback - the text spacing on white rhs panel is too spaced vertically - too much white space and too much unnecessary scrolling.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Name:  chrome-issue-r.jpg

Which version of Chrome are you using @woz ? I'm using version 75.

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Name:  chrome-issue-r.jpg

Which version of Chrome are you using @woz ? I'm using version 75.

• Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Hi Marc

Thanks @Blackadder
    I'll flag it with the tech team to fix

• Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    Hi Marc

Thanks @Blackadder
    I'll flag it with the tech team to fix

• Quick update this morning.
    Our tech team have spotted that the community login (if you go directly to community.purepla.net) is currently not working properly, as the 'tap to login' on the email isn't always responsive.
    Logging in via the website is OK, though, and then if you click on community you'll stay logged in.

• Quick update this morning.
    Our tech team have spotted that the community login (if you go directly to community.purepla.net) is currently not working properly, as the 'tap to login' on the email isn't always responsive.
    Logging in via the website is OK, though, and then if you click on community you'll stay logged in.

• Is there an issue with the app update?

I can't send my meter readings as the app throws up a white screen after I input my gas reading. Is there any other way to submit readings?
  • I can't send my meter readings as the app throws up a white screen after I input my gas reading. Is there any other way to submit readings?
  • You can now use the website to send readings. But only on a device that does not have the app installed i do believe.
  • You can now use the website to send readings. But only on a device that does not have the app installed i do believe.
  • Hey @PH100 and welcome to the Community

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

Let us know if that doesn't work - do you see any error messages? Does your electricity reading submit ok?
  • Hey @PH100 and welcome to the Community

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

Let us know if that doesn't work - do you see any error messages? Does your electricity reading submit ok?
  • Hi @PH100
    I've moved your query into this existing thread about the app update.
    What phone/OS are you using?
    In the meantime you can as @Jon1 says use a laptop or desktop computer to send a reading. Just make sure your web browser is up to date

• Hi @PH100
    I've moved your query into this existing thread about the app update.
    What phone/OS are you using?
    In the meantime you can as @Jon1 says use a laptop or desktop computer to send a reading. Just make sure your web browser is up to date

• Very pleased that the web interface is now working. This morning I submitted my monthly meter readings through my browser (Chrome, Windows 7) with no problems whatsoever! Verified on the app that they had been submitted :-)
  • Very pleased that the web interface is now working. This morning I submitted my monthly meter readings through my browser (Chrome, Windows 7) with no problems whatsoever! Verified on the app that they had been submitted :-)