• In a shared house, now left, how do I change the account to a different shared house tenant?

I was in a shared house for university, I ran the Pure Planet electricity and gas account on my tablet, but now I've moved out of that house, how do I transfer the account to one of the ongoing tenants there?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I was in a shared house for university, I ran the Pure Planet electricity and gas account on my tablet, but now I've moved out of that house, how do I transfer the account to one of the ongoing tenants there?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Ads2000
    Assuming you are no longer responsible for paying for the energy in the property you need to treat is as though you were moving house (which you are!). Then, whoever is going to be responsible should download the app and join up. They will then be responsible. (They may decide to stay with PP or switch out but either way they should join as they will be responsible for the energy used from when you leave to when they switch or, ongoing if they stay.
    If you go to the app in Account section there's a moving out button. Also some guidelines HERE.
    You'll need closing readings (you should have done that when you moved out). You'll get a final bill, so best to leave the DD in place as if there is a refund PP won't be able to pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads20000 View Post
    I was in a shared house for university, I ran the Pure Planet electricity and gas account on my tablet, but now I've moved out of that house, how do I transfer the account to one of the ongoing tenants there?
  • hi Ads2000
    Assuming you are no longer responsible for paying for the energy in the property you need to treat is as though you were moving house (which you are!). Then, whoever is going to be responsible should download the app and join up. They will then be responsible. (They may decide to stay with PP or switch out but either way they should join as they will be responsible for the energy used from when you leave to when they switch or, ongoing if they stay.
    If you go to the app in Account section there's a moving out button. Also some guidelines HERE.
    You'll need closing readings (you should have done that when you moved out). You'll get a final bill, so best to leave the DD in place as if there is a refund PP won't be able to pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads20000 View Post

• Hi there
    I know one of my fellow customers will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think one of the tenants will have to download the app and initiate a switch so the account is linked to a new email address and a new direct debit.

If that's right, it will take 17 days for the switch to come into effect, so make sure you take a meter reading now, otherwise you risk being billed for the new tenants usage for 17 days.

You could also contact Pure Planet via Wattbot, put'message the team'in the subject line and then explain the situation. They promise to get back to you within two working days.

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Hi there
    I know one of my fellow customers will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think one of the tenants will have to download the app and initiate a switch so the account is linked to a new email address and a new direct debit.

If that's right, it will take 17 days for the switch to come into effect, so make sure you take a meter reading now, otherwise you risk being billed for the new tenants usage for 17 days.

You could also contact Pure Planet via Wattbot, put'message the team'in the subject line and then explain the situation. They promise to get back to you within two working days.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Hi,

I've now submitted meter readings and hit the Move Out button! I was very late in submitting it... I submitted the most recent meter readings (sent to me by photo from the current tenants) but put the day I actually moved out as my Move Out day... Hope that was the correct way to go about it!

How long does the process normally take? The current tenants need to know how long they have to switch to a different provider or open a new account with Pure Planet!!
  • Hi,

I've now submitted meter readings and hit the Move Out button! I was very late in submitting it... I submitted the most recent meter readings (sent to me by photo from the current tenants) but put the day I actually moved out as my Move Out day... Hope that was the correct way to go about it!

How long does the process normally take? The current tenants need to know how long they have to switch to a different provider or open a new account with Pure Planet!!

• Oh OK, so the answer above says 17 days, unfortunately the current tenants have just informed me that their new energy provider starts 1st August :'( How do I ask Pure Planet to delay 'the move'?
  • Oh OK, so the answer above says 17 days, unfortunately the current tenants have just informed me that their new energy provider starts 1st August :'( How do I ask Pure Planet to delay 'the move'?

• Hi Ads20000,
    In the situation you are now in, you have a few options.

" Message the team " via Wattbot and ask for the move date to be postponed, ( bear in mind that you will still be responsible for the bill )

Ask for the switch to be blocked, but this can cause problems later for your ex housemates ( you will still be liable for any bills )

Ask your ex housemates to cover the bills by transferring the money to you, and letting the switch progress, and cancel the move out process.

As you have provided later meter readings the bill you receive will be inflated anyway from the date you moved out. If you have been providing regular meter readings you should be able to work out how much they owe you.
    That depends of course on whether you are still friendly and in contact with your ex housemates.

Hope it works out for you.
  • Hi Ads20000,
    In the situation you are now in, you have a few options.

" Message the team " via Wattbot and ask for the move date to be postponed, ( bear in mind that you will still be responsible for the bill )

Ask for the switch to be blocked, but this can cause problems later for your ex housemates ( you will still be liable for any bills )

Ask your ex housemates to cover the bills by transferring the money to you, and letting the switch progress, and cancel the move out process.

As you have provided later meter readings the bill you receive will be inflated anyway from the date you moved out. If you have been providing regular meter readings you should be able to work out how much they owe you.
    That depends of course on whether you are still friendly and in contact with your ex housemates.

Hope it works out for you.

• hi Ads2000
    As an alternative...keep it simple (or more complicated depending on your viewpoint)

Let PP provide you with a final final final (unestimated) bill. (Note the closing numbers although hoping you won't need to use them - see below)
    Let Your Housemates switch. They will get a bill from when your switch occurs until 1st August. Nothing to do with you, it's their bill to pay.
    You should be able to easily work out the average amount a day costs, look at a previous statement, divide the amount charged by the number of days (28,30, or 31, but in reality it wont make a lot of difference)
    Work out how many days from when you left to the date that PP says you left and multiply by the average daily amount.
    That's what your housemates owe you.
  • hi Ads2000
    As an alternative...keep it simple (or more complicated depending on your viewpoint)

Let PP provide you with a final final final (unestimated) bill. (Note the closing numbers although hoping you won't need to use them - see below)
    Let Your Housemates switch. They will get a bill from when your switch occurs until 1st August. Nothing to do with you, it's their bill to pay.
    You should be able to easily work out the average amount a day costs, look at a previous statement, divide the amount charged by the number of days (28,30, or 31, but in reality it wont make a lot of difference)
    Work out how many days from when you left to the date that PP says you left and multiply by the average daily amount.
    That's what your housemates owe you.

• Yes I could do a complex calculation to work out exactly how much they owe me (I've done that at least twice before for people moving out), I'm not sure they're going to pay all/any of it though, because they think that Pure Planet was very expensive compared to other providers, having spoken to other friends who live in our area (they don't understand the 6 month fixed direct debit process so don't understand why there is a closing payment to pay, do you have an idea of how I can best explain this to them? I've tried several times (over FB Messenger)) and think that Pure Planet are really difficult because the switch process isn't simple, they don't think, so they don't think that the house would've used Pure Planet for energy anyway if everyone had known all of the facts, and thus I'm blamed for taking the decision to switch to it in the first place, hence they might not pay me anything I've lost at least £200 in this scenario.

I emailed the team in reply to the moving out email that they sent me, so if I just leave it as-is (I've 'Moved Out' in Pure Planet's eyes), they suggested that their energy won't be cut off, it's just that PP will bill them direct for the energy usage up to 1st August? That would suit me!

Thanks for all the help!!
  • Yes I could do a complex calculation to work out exactly how much they owe me (I've done that at least twice before for people moving out), I'm not sure they're going to pay all/any of it though, because they think that Pure Planet was very expensive compared to other providers, having spoken to other friends who live in our area (they don't understand the 6 month fixed direct debit process so don't understand why there is a closing payment to pay, do you have an idea of how I can best explain this to them? I've tried several times (over FB Messenger)) and think that Pure Planet are really difficult because the switch process isn't simple, they don't think, so they don't think that the house would've used Pure Planet for energy anyway if everyone had known all of the facts, and thus I'm blamed for taking the decision to switch to it in the first place, hence they might not pay me anything I've lost at least £200 in this scenario.

I emailed the team in reply to the moving out email that they sent me, so if I just leave it as-is (I've 'Moved Out' in Pure Planet's eyes), they suggested that their energy won't be cut off, it's just that PP will bill them direct for the energy usage up to 1st August? That would suit me!

Thanks for all the help!!