• Cancelling old supplier

I read on the pure planet website that I do not need to worry about .cancelling my old energy supplier when switching to pure planet. How does this work? Can somebody please explain this for me. Thank you
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I read on the pure planet website that I do not need to worry about .cancelling my old energy supplier when switching to pure planet. How does this work? Can somebody please explain this for me. Thank you
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi jasmin.
    Welcome to the community.
    When you switch suppliers the request is handled by a 3rd party regulator whos job it is to make sure that new and old suppliers start and stop billing from the same date and meter readings. This is done to ensure you are not charged twice by either company for the same usage.
    Therefore PP open your new acct and the regulator ensures your old acct is closed down at the same time.
  • Hi jasmin.
    Welcome to the community.
    When you switch suppliers the request is handled by a 3rd party regulator whos job it is to make sure that new and old suppliers start and stop billing from the same date and meter readings. This is done to ensure you are not charged twice by either company for the same usage.
    Therefore PP open your new acct and the regulator ensures your old acct is closed down at the same time.

• Thats correct Jasmin.

Let me explain, this is the joining and switching link from the above menu see process 6.
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...to-Pure-Planet

This all worked out as it said on the tin when I joined last December.

However, I like to be in full control and although PP have their slick process I still like to contact my old supplier to make sure the are up to speed. On the day of the switch I emailed them my final reads and meter images so any problems I can easily investigate.
    Otherwise read the joining and switching link and count day from the APP from day 17 down to joining up!

Look forward to your future posts, always revert back here lots of support, advice and knowledgable members and some fun.
  • Thats correct Jasmin.

Let me explain, this is the joining and switching link from the above menu see process 6.
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...to-Pure-Planet

This all worked out as it said on the tin when I joined last December.

However, I like to be in full control and although PP have their slick process I still like to contact my old supplier to make sure the are up to speed. On the day of the switch I emailed them my final reads and meter images so any problems I can easily investigate.
    Otherwise read the joining and switching link and count day from the APP from day 17 down to joining up!

Look forward to your future posts, always revert back here lots of support, advice and knowledgable members and some fun.