• Pureplanet prices

Hi
    A few family members are due to renew their other suppliers deals. Using pureplanet even with the latest reduction in tarrifs ,several are quite a lot cheaper. Eon online exclusive v4 is 4-5% cheaper has winter warm and a few smaller suppliers are 8% cheaper. All fixed. For me at 33000kw gas and 4000 kw electric it’s 1644 eon 1611 outfox versus 1738 pureplanet. Not enough for me to change but pureplanet if buying wholesale and not making a profit bar membership fee need to be more competetive
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi
    A few family members are due to renew their other suppliers deals. Using pureplanet even with the latest reduction in tarrifs ,several are quite a lot cheaper. Eon online exclusive v4 is 4-5% cheaper has winter warm and a few smaller suppliers are 8% cheaper. All fixed. For me at 33000kw gas and 4000 kw electric it’s 1644 eon 1611 outfox versus 1738 pureplanet. Not enough for me to change but pureplanet if buying wholesale and not making a profit bar membership fee need to be more competetive
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Markgoodwin901,

It all depends if you think that cost is always king.
    Outfox the market has been pulled up a few time for really bad customer service.
    I believe that they do not provide 100% clean energy as it only applies to electricity.
    I wish them well though because competition is good.

I now carry out lots of research before I join a supplier.
    I like PP's green credentials, their offer and service approach and most importantly they have a happy workforce treated with respect!
    I find the whole deal very informative, interesting and transparent.
    All suppliers tariffs will ebb and flow because they have to purchase energy in advance, so who is cheaper today may not be tomorrow.
    Its a very very complicated purchasing objective which has led to many supplier going bust.
    Lets say IF PP were falling way down the scale of competitiveness then I might have to reconsider, but they're clearly not.
    If we all expected our suppliers to be the cheapest at all times then we will be constantly switching on cost without any other consideration.

We all have are own expectations, I'm currently very happy, PP listens, PP explains and provides feedback you can trust even when challenged. PP is not everyones cup of tea and nor are they trying to be.

What ever your family decides then make sure they do some research and I hope it all works out well
    Last edited by Strutt G; 17-06-19 at 23:53.
  • Hi Markgoodwin901,

Outfox the market has been pulled up a few time for really bad customer service.
    I believe that they do not provide 100% clean energy as it only applies to electricity.

I like PP's green credentials, their offer and service approach and most importantly they have a happy workforce treated with respect!
    All suppliers tariffs will ebb and flow because they have to purchase energy in advance, so who is cheaper today may not be tomorrow.
    Its a very very complicated purchasing objective which has led to many supplier going bust.
    Lets say IF PP were falling way down the scale of competitiveness then I might have to reconsider, but they're clearly not.
    If we all expected our suppliers to be the cheapest at all times then we will be constantly switching on cost without any other consideration.

We all have are own expectations, I'm currently very happy, PP listens, PP explains and provides feedback you can trust even when challenged. PP is not everyones cup of tea and nor are they trying to be.

What ever your family decides then make sure they do some research and I hope it all works out well

• Hello mark.
    I would love to see the tariff rates cost breakdown on those prices. Being ever frugal i always check when someone says they found a cheaper tariff. And both eon and fox unit prices are more expensive. Are you sure those are the final figures and inc standing charge and vat?
  • Hello mark.
    I would love to see the tariff rates cost breakdown on those prices. Being ever frugal i always check when someone says they found a cheaper tariff. And both eon and fox unit prices are more expensive. Are you sure those are the final figures and inc standing charge and vat?

• Name:  FBCEF110-F0BE-4207-943B-E8BDB54DDB9F.png
Views: 55
Size:  1.63 MB

- - - Updated - - -

Tarrif attached screen
    Shot of EON online special
    V4. It’s only a few % cheaper. Not enough to
    Make me change its fixed and removes possibility that pp might reduce again soon . Also pp does not do winter warm allowance So that is an
    Issue for
    My mother in law
  • Name:  FBCEF110-F0BE-4207-943B-E8BDB54DDB9F.png
Views: 55
Size:  1.63 MB

- - - Updated - - -

Tarrif attached screen
    Shot of EON online special
    V4. It’s only a few % cheaper. Not enough to
    Make me change its fixed and removes possibility that pp might reduce again soon . Also pp does not do winter warm allowance So that is an
    Issue for
    My mother in law

• Quote Originally Posted by Markgoodwin901 View Post
    Hi
    Hi there
    I thought I'd check the figures for me - the only eon I could find was v20 (v4 seemed to be from 2017?) and v20 was significantly more than Pure Planet. Perhaps the better rate came from a comparison site.

But it's still hard to compare. Over recent years fixed tariffs have often proved cheaper, but that's not guaranteed - and there's a big penalty for leaving early.

And eon appeared to charge £2 a month extra for 'clean energy'.

So many factors, so many choices...!

Best of luck with it all
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Markgoodwin901 View Post
    Hi
    Hi there
    I thought I'd check the figures for me - the only eon I could find was v20 (v4 seemed to be from 2017?) and v20 was significantly more than Pure Planet. Perhaps the better rate came from a comparison site.

But it's still hard to compare. Over recent years fixed tariffs have often proved cheaper, but that's not guaranteed - and there's a big penalty for leaving early.

And eon appeared to charge £2 a month extra for 'clean energy'.

So many factors, so many choices...!

Best of luck with it all
    Stephen

• Im electric only so the unit rate is the all important figure. So for me PP is still cheaper. It does not say if the figure is vat inc or what region as that makes a differance,
    Winter warmer allowance will be available by christmas.if that makes a differance.
  • Im electric only so the unit rate is the all important figure. So for me PP is still cheaper. It does not say if the figure is vat inc or what region as that makes a differance,
    Winter warmer allowance will be available by christmas.if that makes a differance.

• I'd crunch the numbers when doing a review for my friends who have high usage and EON was not competitive.

On my regional tariff they come out approx 7.5% more expensive and approx 10% more expensive on like for like green option basis.
    Vat included

Plus with PP I'm not fixed and not subject to a penalty fee

By British not that I'm biased
    Last edited by Strutt G; 18-06-19 at 08:48.
  • I'd crunch the numbers when doing a review for my friends who have high usage and EON was not competitive.

On my regional tariff they come out approx 7.5% more expensive and approx 10% more expensive on like for like green option basis.
    Vat included

Plus with PP I'm not fixed and not subject to a penalty fee

By British not that I'm biased

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Markgoodwin901,

Nicely put, Strutty 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Markgoodwin901,

Nicely put, Strutty 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN