• Meter reading

I am the landlord of a property and the previous tenant left the property on/around 6th April 2019. The meter readings were 779 15 and 02471 the metre reading from 11th May were 77972 and 02471 when the new tenant moved-in. The new tenant claims she has made an account with you. can you please confirm that the new tenant has an account?

Thank You
    Bryan Wilkinson.
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Marc; 18-06-19 at 08:31. Reason: Removing name of tenant from post
  • I am the landlord of a property and the previous tenant left the property on/around 6th April 2019. The meter readings were 779 15 and 02471 the metre reading from 11th May were 77972 and 02471 when the new tenant moved-in. The new tenant claims she has made an account with you. can you please confirm that the new tenant has an account?

Thank You
    Bryan Wilkinson.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello wilkinsonb2.
    Firstly this is a public forum so personnal details should not be posted.
    PP will not be allowed to confirm any details with you as you are not the account holder yes you own the property and are just trying to confirm the tenant is paying the bills. Your best bet would be to ask the tenant nicely if you can view their first monthly statement just to get the reassurance you require.
  • Hello wilkinsonb2.
    Firstly this is a public forum so personnal details should not be posted.
    PP will not be allowed to confirm any details with you as you are not the account holder yes you own the property and are just trying to confirm the tenant is paying the bills. Your best bet would be to ask the tenant nicely if you can view their first monthly statement just to get the reassurance you require.

• Hi Wilkinsonb2
    this is a public forum for PP members, your question is very specific and not without issues.
    1. PP don't know the address!
    2. I would think data protection does not allow them to impart information about an account which is not in your name?
    3. As said, in any event the question is account specific and so can't be answered in the community.
    4. Your post contains personal info about someone else - I've flagged it
    I would tackle it this way:-
    Ask your tenant to do the following (if they are happy to do so)
    Go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask PP if they are willing , with their permission to email you (give the tenant your email address) confirming that they have an account with PP.
    Presumably your tenant switched to PP when they moved in so will also be responsible for the energy used from whoever was the previous provider from when they moved in until the switch to PP occurred.
    Alternatively you could just ask her to show you the account on her smartphone, (PP is app based alough there will be a web portal at some stage) but at the moment the account and app will appear on her phone.
    I have to ask, why would you think your tenant is not telling you the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkinsonb2 View Post
    I am the landlord of a property and the previous tenant left the property on/around 6th April 2019. The meter readings were 779 15 and 02471 the metre reading from 11th May were 77972 and 02471 when the new tenant moved-in. The new tenant claims she has made an account with you her name is (removed). can you please confirm that the new tenant has an account?

Thank You
    Bryan Wilkinson.
  • Hi Wilkinsonb2
    this is a public forum for PP members, your question is very specific and not without issues.
    1. PP don't know the address!
    2. I would think data protection does not allow them to impart information about an account which is not in your name?
    3. As said, in any event the question is account specific and so can't be answered in the community.
    4. Your post contains personal info about someone else - I've flagged it
    I would tackle it this way:-
    Ask your tenant to do the following (if they are happy to do so)
    Go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask PP if they are willing , with their permission to email you (give the tenant your email address) confirming that they have an account with PP.
    Presumably your tenant switched to PP when they moved in so will also be responsible for the energy used from whoever was the previous provider from when they moved in until the switch to PP occurred.
    Alternatively you could just ask her to show you the account on her smartphone, (PP is app based alough there will be a web portal at some stage) but at the moment the account and app will appear on her phone.
    I have to ask, why would you think your tenant is not telling you the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkinsonb2 View Post
    I am the landlord of a property and the previous tenant left the property on/around 6th April 2019. The meter readings were 779 15 and 02471 the metre reading from 11th May were 77972 and 02471 when the new tenant moved-in. The new tenant claims she has made an account with you her name is (removed). can you please confirm that the new tenant has an account?

Thank You
    Bryan Wilkinson.

• I am the landlord of a property in Hull. When the old tenant left the metre readings were gas 2471 and electricty 779 15. I recently message PP with the metre readings of when the new tenant moved in to the property on/ around 11 May. Gas reading 2472 and Electricity 779 72. The tenant says she has downloaded you app to carry-on receiving her gas/ electricity from PP, but, I need need to ensure she is registered with you to avoid any large/ unpaid bills. Can you please get back to me so we can clarify the current position.

Thanks
    Bryan Wilkinson.
    Last edited by Nataly; 28-06-19 at 11:22. Reason: Removing address and tenant name
  • I am the landlord of a property in Hull. When the old tenant left the metre readings were gas 2471 and electricty 779 15. I recently message PP with the metre readings of when the new tenant moved in to the property on/ around 11 May. Gas reading 2472 and Electricity 779 72. The tenant says she has downloaded you app to carry-on receiving her gas/ electricity from PP, but, I need need to ensure she is registered with you to avoid any large/ unpaid bills. Can you please get back to me so we can clarify the current position.

Thanks
    Bryan Wilkinson.

• Hi bryan.
    This is a public forum so please edit off private details.
    Due to the fact your not the acct holder then sadly law dictates that PP wont be able to confirm much, best bet is to see your tenant and ask to have a copy of monthly statement available for you to view.
  • Hi bryan.
    This is a public forum so please edit off private details.
    Due to the fact your not the acct holder then sadly law dictates that PP wont be able to confirm much, best bet is to see your tenant and ask to have a copy of monthly statement available for you to view.

• Hey @Wilkinsonb2

Just FYI I've moved your posts into one place to avoid duplicate questions/replies, as this can get confusing for other Members

As other members have let you know, this is a public forum so best not to post any private info (address,names of tenants etc).
    @Jon1's advice is spot on
  • Hey @Wilkinsonb2

Just FYI I've moved your posts into one place to avoid duplicate questions/replies, as this can get confusing for other Members

As other members have let you know, this is a public forum so best not to post any private info (address,names of tenants etc).
    @Jon1's advice is spot on