• Reuse coffee jar lids

The plastic lids from nescafe azera coffee tins can be re-used on most other tins when storing half used tins of food (dog food, cat food, beans, etc).
  • The plastic lids from nescafe azera coffee tins can be re-used on most other tins when storing half used tins of food (dog food, cat food, beans, etc).
  • Good tip Tonyp 👍😁😁😁
  • Good tip Tonyp 👍😁😁😁
  • Great idea @tonyp

We also use the tins (note - the lavazza coffee tins are also great for this) to store new coffee granules, or different types of herbal tea bags
  • Great idea @tonyp

We also use the tins (note - the lavazza coffee tins are also great for this) to store new coffee granules, or different types of herbal tea bags
  • Ha ha this is funny, I like the Remeo and Grom Gelato "screw top" containers which I keep for storing.
    I have to stop myself buying the product just for the container it comes in.
  • Ha ha this is funny, I like the Remeo and Grom Gelato "screw top" containers which I keep for storing.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Ha ha this is funny, I like the Remeo and Grom Gelato "screw top" containers which I keep for storing.
    SO when I lived in Italy I was obsessed with Grom's gelateria (that was 5 mins walk from my flat) and went there all the time. I was gutted to come home and not be able to get it anymore, but then I saw last week they now even sell grom ice cream in supermarkets!! So it's funny you mention that as it's been on my mind recently (can you tell? mmm ice cream).

Love the idea of using containers for different things round the home.
    Ha ha this is funny, I like the Remeo and Grom Gelato "screw top" containers which I keep for storing.
    SO when I lived in Italy I was obsessed with Grom's gelateria (that was 5 mins walk from my flat) and went there all the time. I was gutted to come home and not be able to get it anymore, but then I saw last week they now even sell grom ice cream in supermarkets!! So it's funny you mention that as it's been on my mind recently (can you tell? mmm ice cream).

Love the idea of using containers for different things round the home.
  • Yep I've got an Ice Cream machine but its just packed up, expensive to replace and only used it once or twice a year so pondering....
    When ever I go to a restaurant and the desserts do not appeal then I just ask for an Affogato.

​Living in Italy, wow - Italian food is the BEST.
  • Yep I've got an Ice Cream machine but its just packed up, expensive to replace and only used it once or twice a year so pondering....
    When ever I go to a restaurant and the desserts do not appeal then I just ask for an Affogato.

​Living in Italy, wow - Italian food is the BEST.
  • Hey.........

Liked this thread so much, that I just googled "Affogato"...... then watched a recipe on YouTube......I'm gonna do this tomorrow (not got any ice cream in the freezer).

​Any other ideas.....?? ������ ������ ☕
    Gray4276
  • Hey.........

Liked this thread so much, that I just googled "Affogato"...... then watched a recipe on YouTube......I'm gonna do this tomorrow (not got any ice cream in the freezer).

Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hey.........

Let us know how it goes if you do!
    Hey.........

Let us know how it goes if you do!
  • Nataly,

Got the vanilla ice cream.... got the Amaretti biscuits..... got some caramel sauce and some "cracking" chocolate sauce.
    Tried it as soon as I got home..... All I can say is "Affogato" ...... where have you been all my life.
    Gotta try other recipes.... 😅 😎 🎉 ☕
    Last edited by Gray4276; 19-06-19 at 19:29.
    Gray4276
  • Nataly,

Got the vanilla ice cream.... got the Amaretti biscuits..... got some caramel sauce and some "cracking" chocolate sauce.
    Tried it as soon as I got home..... All I can say is "Affogato" ...... where have you been all my life.
    Gotta try other recipes.... 😅 😎 🎉 ☕
    Gray4276
  • Blimey Gray you've taken this to the outer limits and I'm sitting here cracking up.
    Its mostly just expresso poured over vanilla but you've gone for it.

If you can be bothered:
    Look up Lemon Posset, really quick dessert to make apart from setting over night.
    3 ingredients only, if you intend to master that I send something to go with it.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 19-06-19 at 19:47.
  • Blimey Gray you've taken this to the outer limits and I'm sitting here cracking up.

If you can be bothered:
    Look up Lemon Posset, really quick dessert to make apart from setting over night.
    3 ingredients only, if you intend to master that I send something to go with it.
    Blimey Gray you've taken this to the outer limits and I'm sitting here cracking up.

If you can be bothered:
    So glad I made you laugh......I came from an extremely deprived background..... and have been forced to live a very "basic" lifestyle..... so to "find out" that there is more to life than just eating "gruel" has opened my eyes to the possibilities of such exotic food combinations.....
    Only joking tho'...... gotta go..... my chauffeur hasn't washed my car properly. 😂 🤣 😉 🚙 😇
    Gray4276
    Blimey Gray you've taken this to the outer limits and I'm sitting here cracking up.

If you can be bothered:
    So glad I made you laugh......I came from an extremely deprived background..... and have been forced to live a very "basic" lifestyle..... so to "find out" that there is more to life than just eating "gruel" has opened my eyes to the possibilities of such exotic food combinations.....
    Only joking tho'...... gotta go..... my chauffeur hasn't washed my car properly. 😂 🤣 😉 🚙 😇
    Gray4276
  • I tell ya tho, the older I get, the more the simpler things in life excite me! I’m not even joking! It’s a good thing tho! 👍👍👍👍👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I tell ya tho, the older I get, the more the simpler things in life excite me! I’m not even joking! It’s a good thing tho! 👍👍👍👍👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Brilliant Gray all this makes the community tick over nicely

The simpler things in life Bev - enjoying the moment
  • Brilliant Gray all this makes the community tick over nicely

The simpler things in life Bev - enjoying the moment
    Nataly,

Gotta try other recipes....
    😅 😎 🎉 ☕
    Wow well this sounds amazing that's like a deluxe affogato

Is now a good time to mention @Bev 's let's get cooking thread with recipes galore?

Now thinking of all my fav coffee deserts - tiramisu, espresso martini (does that count ), coffee cake... yum.
    Nataly,

Gotta try other recipes....
    😅 😎 🎉 ☕
    Wow well this sounds amazing that's like a deluxe affogato

Is now a good time to mention @Bev 's let's get cooking thread with recipes galore?

Now thinking of all my fav coffee deserts - tiramisu, espresso martini (does that count ), coffee cake... yum.
  • Our coffee storage solution

Have been reusing this one for about 6 months now!

Name:  coffee storage.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  731.2 KB
  • Our coffee storage solution

Have been reusing this one for about 6 months now!

Name:  coffee storage.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  731.2 KB
  • Hey Nataly,

Good to see the re-use of containers.
    My coffee ☕ of choice at home is Tassimo.......using plastic T Discs.........I did feel really "bad" about throwing the T Discs in the general (landfill) bin. Then I checked out the Tassimo website and found that there is a (national/localised) collection point for recycling the T Discs and the outer plasticised wrapping.
    I don't feel guilty anymore, and I can enjoy "my favourite" coffee.......hhmmm coffee....gotta go. ☕
    Gray4276
  • Hey Nataly,

Good to see the re-use of containers.
    My coffee ☕ of choice at home is Tassimo.......using plastic T Discs.........I did feel really "bad" about throwing the T Discs in the general (landfill) bin. Then I checked out the Tassimo website and found that there is a (national/localised) collection point for recycling the T Discs and the outer plasticised wrapping.
    I don't feel guilty anymore, and I can enjoy "my favourite" coffee.......hhmmm coffee....gotta go. ☕
    Gray4276