• Smart meters.

We will be moving home in about three weeks. The new home appears to have a wired in smart meter. The previous energy supplier was Scottish power.Does anyone know how I can start using energy during the preparations of moving in without the smart meter telling Scottish power that I am using it.
    I will take meter readings on day one of entering the property to give to Pure Planet, along with my meter readings on departure from old address.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • We will be moving home in about three weeks. The new home appears to have a wired in smart meter. The previous energy supplier was Scottish power.Does anyone know how I can start using energy during the preparations of moving in without the smart meter telling Scottish power that I am using it.
    I will take meter readings on day one of entering the property to give to Pure Planet, along with my meter readings on departure from old address.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Simple answer is no.
    As soon as you take possession of you new house you are a deemed customer of scot power, until you switch to PP as seems to be your intension.
    Use the apps " move out " feature to close the acct on your current house, then once you move you need to switch your new house to PP. as the switch takes 17 days any usage in that period is payable to scot power. Sadly you cant just transfer your acct to a new house.
  • Simple answer is no.
    As soon as you take possession of you new house you are a deemed customer of scot power, until you switch to PP as seems to be your intension.
    Use the apps " move out " feature to close the acct on your current house, then once you move you need to switch your new house to PP. as the switch takes 17 days any usage in that period is payable to scot power. Sadly you cant just transfer your acct to a new house.