• Interesting article about Bulb in the DT

I can't reproduce the article but here's a link. LINK
    What's interesting is that allegedly the work ethos of the company seems to be diametrically opposed to that of PP

a-toxic-work-culture-and-12-hour-days-inside-the-world-of-bulb-one-of-the-uks-fastest-growing-tech-start-ups
    Last edited by woz; 15-06-19 at 12:34.
  • I can't reproduce the article but here's a link. LINK
    What's interesting is that allegedly the work ethos of the company seems to be diametrically opposed to that of PP

a-toxic-work-culture-and-12-hour-days-inside-the-world-of-bulb-one-of-the-uks-fastest-growing-tech-start-ups
  • I was deliberating between Bulb and PP when I was switching last year.
    Sooooo glad I chose PP, for numerous reasons.
  • I was deliberating between Bulb and PP when I was switching last year.
  • Interesting indeed. I guess falling rating and irate boss is a sign of over expansion.i dont believe any company can grow at that pace and maintain standards.
    Is it not some what big headed to say were growing by 1000000 customers a year so in 5 yrs we will be one og the big boys. Surly that rate of growth will slow and eventually flatline. Yr on yr growth does not go on forever.
    Lastly how long will the free cash flow. Losses of 20mill a year cannot continue without extra inward investment. Or bankruptcy??
  • Interesting indeed. I guess falling rating and irate boss is a sign of over expansion.i dont believe any company can grow at that pace and maintain standards.
    Is it not some what big headed to say were growing by 1000000 customers a year so in 5 yrs we will be one og the big boys. Surly that rate of growth will slow and eventually flatline. Yr on yr growth does not go on forever.
    Lastly how long will the free cash flow. Losses of 20mill a year cannot continue without extra inward investment. Or bankruptcy??
  • Lets hope this review is reflected upon for the sake of the workforce!
    I costed and called a few suppliers recently when reviewing what was available for my busy friends who have multiple meters in one property. I can only speak as I find and found the front line service, friendly, informative, professional without being robotic without the background noise. Unfortunately due to my friends set up Pure Planet is not currently possible, they are erring on Bulb and I preferred Octopus. They are currently with NP and EDF who I called too.
    They will save approx £700 pound a year by switching after exploring all the options.
    Pure Planet came out best on cost, followed closely by Bulb then Octopus saving £560.

Its good to know that we are being supplied by Pure Planet offering a great price, great customer feedback, great service and most importantly a company you would be happy to work for.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 15-06-19 at 17:05.
  • Lets hope this review is reflected upon for the sake of the workforce!
    I costed and called a few suppliers recently when reviewing what was available for my busy friends who have multiple meters in one property. I can only speak as I find and found the front line service, friendly, informative, professional without being robotic without the background noise. Unfortunately due to my friends set up Pure Planet is not currently possible, they are erring on Bulb and I preferred Octopus. They are currently with NP and EDF who I called too.
    They will save approx £700 pound a year by switching after exploring all the options.
    Pure Planet came out best on cost, followed closely by Bulb then Octopus saving £560.

Its good to know that we are being supplied by Pure Planet offering a great price, great customer feedback, great service and most importantly a company you would be happy to work for.
  • I can't say I'm surprised at the review of Bulb, pretty-much any company whose committed objective is chasing growth is likely to eventually trip over themselves somewhere - I'm slightly concerned how they are planning to provide '5m customers' with energy generated from renewables and 'carbon neutral gas' - does the UK have sufficient capacity to do that and provide all the competing companies? Also, they seem to be forgetting that it's often better to have a smaller, loyal, customer base, than be constantly dealing with the churn you get when you are competing for big customer numbers. I was surprised to see Marc showing as on-line earlier, don't they give the poor sod weekends off? ​
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    I was deliberating between Bulb and PP when I was switching last year.
    I originally chose Bulb, largely due to the lower customer service rating PP had. I'm glad Bulb totally screwed my switch up now. ​

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Marc or Nat.

Any chance you could remove the errant

[/QUOTE][/FONT][QUOTE=Angelabikerbabe;31368] [FONT=Verdana]

From that post, I have tried several time, but it seems determined to show 2 quotes, not 1.

Thank you ever so much if you can, no worries if you can't.

Regards
    Mark
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 16-06-19 at 12:49. Reason: It doubled up my quote
  • I can't say I'm surprised at the review of Bulb, pretty-much any company whose committed objective is chasing growth is likely to eventually trip over themselves somewhere - I'm slightly concerned how they are planning to provide '5m customers' with energy generated from renewables and 'carbon neutral gas' - does the UK have sufficient capacity to do that and provide all the competing companies? Also, they seem to be forgetting that it's often better to have a smaller, loyal, customer base, than be constantly dealing with the churn you get when you are competing for big customer numbers. I was surprised to see Marc showing as on-line earlier, don't they give the poor sod weekends off? ​
    I was deliberating between Bulb and PP when I was switching last year.
    I originally chose Bulb, largely due to the lower customer service rating PP had. I'm glad Bulb totally screwed my switch up now. ​

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Marc or Nat.

Any chance you could remove the errant

[/QUOTE][/FONT][QUOTE=Angelabikerbabe;31368] [FONT=Verdana]

From that post, I have tried several time, but it seems determined to show 2 quotes, not 1.

Thank you ever so much if you can, no worries if you can't.

Regards
    Mark
  • I no longer see who’s online these days, just the number of members 🤨
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I no longer see who’s online these days, just the number of members 🤨

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I no longer see who’s online these days, just the number of members 🤨
    Hey @Bev can you see a green dot next to some Members' names?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I no longer see who’s online these days, just the number of members 🤨
    Hey @Bev can you see a green dot next to some Members' names?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Bevs not online as no green dot....just adding to the process checking - can I have a triangle
  • Bevs not online as no green dot....just adding to the process checking - can I have a triangle
  • Oooooooooh, I see! Thanks Marc 👍. Tad too subtle tho. Liked the “at a glance” list on homepage as soon logged on, like before 👍👏👏👏👏

Yeah busy beaver this morning our Strutty but got lots done 👍😛

WALT WHITMAN
  • Oooooooooh, I see! Thanks Marc 👍. Tad too subtle tho. Liked the “at a glance” list on homepage as soon logged on, like before 👍👏👏👏👏

Yeah busy beaver this morning our Strutty but got lots done 👍😛

WALT WHITMAN
  • You've been watching too many Dairylea adverts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Bevs not online as no green dot....just adding to the process checking - can I have a triangle
  • You've been watching too many Dairylea adverts...
    Bevs not online as no green dot....just adding to the process checking - can I have a triangle
  • So it appears bev only go online to see whos online. Is that borderline stalking????
  • So it appears bev only go online to see whos online. Is that borderline stalking????
  • Theres a nostalgic thought, still available and not nice.
    ​Anyone for a camp coffee
  • Theres a nostalgic thought, still available and not nice.
  • Only if you promise to hold the cup straight....
    Theres a nostalgic thought, still available and not nice.
  • Only if you promise to hold the cup straight....
    Theres a nostalgic thought, still available and not nice.
  • not borderline....(only joking bev)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    So it appears bev only go online to see whos online. Is that borderline stalking????
  • not borderline....(only joking bev)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    So it appears bev only go online to see whos online. Is that borderline stalking????
  • 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Do you actually want people accidentally reporting you and making more work for Marc and Nataly?
  • Do you actually want people accidentally reporting you and making more work for Marc and Nataly?
  • This, of course, assumes that someone's not using 'Invisible Mode' - but why would anyone want to hide?
  • This, of course, assumes that someone's not using 'Invisible Mode' - but why would anyone want to hide?