• My Smart Meter Installation

Name:  My_ESME_NoDeviceID.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  592.3 KBName:  My_GSME_NoDeviceID.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  987.7 KB

Afternoon everyone,
    Just thought I'd share with you my SMETS2 Installation that was completed this morning (with pictures attached for those as nerdy as me)

So, by now you probably know that I work in the industry and very close to smart metering so it was pretty exciting for me to get my own meters installed considering the work I've done on them over the past 4 years.

Magnum Utilities were extremely helpful and the communication from them has been brilliant. Firstly, because I recently moved address, they booked the installation using the wrong address but it was quick to contact them via phone, cancel the appointment and request the updated address from PP. Within a day they contacted me again to set up the installation for the correct address. I received texts and emails to confirm the appointment and also a followup recorded phone message the night before to advise how today's installation would pan out.

The installer was very efficient, tidy and was patient enough to have me looking over his shoulder the whole time asking "what's it doing now?", "what are you waiting for?" and even showed me what his handheld terminal was telling him (probably not a standard thing but I told him who I was)

Everything was connected and talking remotely to each other within an hour and a half. The power and gas were off for only around 10 minutes and the rest was done remotely by Pure Planet via the DCC.

The only issue I have is with the IHD (In Home Display) - it's showing gas consumption but not the electricity. The installer told me this might take several hours to show (and I know why ) but apart from that, very smooth, efficient and completed successfully. And, in the NORTH!

Thanks Pure and Magnum for an easy installation visit!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Name:  My_ESME_NoDeviceID.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  592.3 KBName:  My_GSME_NoDeviceID.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  987.7 KB

Afternoon everyone,
    Just thought I'd share with you my SMETS2 Installation that was completed this morning (with pictures attached for those as nerdy as me)

So, by now you probably know that I work in the industry and very close to smart metering so it was pretty exciting for me to get my own meters installed considering the work I've done on them over the past 4 years.

Magnum Utilities were extremely helpful and the communication from them has been brilliant. Firstly, because I recently moved address, they booked the installation using the wrong address but it was quick to contact them via phone, cancel the appointment and request the updated address from PP. Within a day they contacted me again to set up the installation for the correct address. I received texts and emails to confirm the appointment and also a followup recorded phone message the night before to advise how today's installation would pan out.

The installer was very efficient, tidy and was patient enough to have me looking over his shoulder the whole time asking "what's it doing now?", "what are you waiting for?" and even showed me what his handheld terminal was telling him (probably not a standard thing but I told him who I was)

Everything was connected and talking remotely to each other within an hour and a half. The power and gas were off for only around 10 minutes and the rest was done remotely by Pure Planet via the DCC.

The only issue I have is with the IHD (In Home Display) - it's showing gas consumption but not the electricity. The installer told me this might take several hours to show (and I know why ) but apart from that, very smooth, efficient and completed successfully. And, in the NORTH!

Thanks Pure and Magnum for an easy installation visit!
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

MrSmart, regarding your IHD I had a similar situation but mine was gas not showing. I turned off the IHD (unplugged it ) waited a few seconds then plugged back in again, both then showed up on the display, it might be worth a go
  • MrSmart, regarding your IHD I had a similar situation but mine was gas not showing. I turned off the IHD (unplugged it ) waited a few seconds then plugged back in again, both then showed up on the display, it might be worth a go

• What no IHD ?
    Thats it your no longer king of the north. Lol.

Nice to know all went smoothly, sadly i may be waiting a while as im on 3phase supply.🙄🙄🙄
    Last edited by Jon1; 14-06-19 at 15:10.
  • What no IHD ?

Nice to know all went smoothly, sadly i may be waiting a while as im on 3phase supply.🙄🙄🙄

• Terribly sorry @Jon1 you wanted the IHD as well?!
    Trying to work out through my contacts why the elec isn't showing but apart from that, all good!

Name:  My_IHD.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  176.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    What no IHD ?

Nice to know all went smoothly, sadly i may be waiting a while as im on 3phase supply.�������������� ���
  • Terribly sorry @Jon1 you wanted the IHD as well?!
    Trying to work out through my contacts why the elec isn't showing but apart from that, all good!

Name:  My_IHD.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  176.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    What no IHD ?

Nice to know all went smoothly, sadly i may be waiting a while as im on 3phase supply.�������������� ���

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    MrSmart, regarding your IHD I had a similar situation but mine was gas not showing. I turned off the IHD (unplugged it ) waited a few seconds then plugged back in again, both then showed up on the display, it might be worth a go
    Thanks Duppy, tried that a couple of times but now it seems it can't connect to either the elec or the gas...

I'll send a message to the team for them to look into it.
    Last edited by MrSmart; 16-06-19 at 08:06. Reason: Typo
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Thanks Duppy, tried that a couple of times but now it seems it can't connect to either the elec or the gas...

I'll send a message to the team for them to look into it.