• Gas meter is dead. What should I do?

Tried to take a reading from my gas meter this morning - nothing. It’s a Smets 1, around 4 years old. I am guessing battery is dead but could be more serious? Anyone know do I report this to my GDN (I live in London NW6 - is that SSGN?) or to my supplier, and if it is the supplier how on earth do I contact Pure Planet?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Tried to take a reading from my gas meter this morning - nothing. It’s a Smets 1, around 4 years old. I am guessing battery is dead but could be more serious? Anyone know do I report this to my GDN (I live in London NW6 - is that SSGN?) or to my supplier, and if it is the supplier how on earth do I contact Pure Planet?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Cadleigh
    You'll need a visit, go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and explain. Replies not instant a day or so but you still have gas so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Is there absolutely no sign of any change to the display at all when you press the button? It doesn't wake momentarily?

​Don't fret too much about missing a reading, (apart from the damage to your feng shui) it'll catch up once you enter the next/new reading.
    If the meter can't be re-batteried or repaired make sure if it is changed that if possible you get the last reading.

So much for new technology, the old ones lasted 30 years...
  • hi Cadleigh
    You'll need a visit, go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and explain. Replies not instant a day or so but you still have gas so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Is there absolutely no sign of any change to the display at all when you press the button? It doesn't wake momentarily?

​Don't fret too much about missing a reading, (apart from the damage to your feng shui) it'll catch up once you enter the next/new reading.
    If the meter can't be re-batteried or repaired make sure if it is changed that if possible you get the last reading.

So much for new technology, the old ones lasted 30 years...

• Hi Cadleigh, it could be that the meter needs waking up, you need to press one of the buttons,Follow this guide, if you get stuck refer back here for more advice
  • Hi Cadleigh, it could be that the meter needs waking up, you need to press one of the buttons,Follow this guide, if you get stuck refer back here for more advice

• Thanks Duppy. Don’t see a link to a guide? I did press both buttons repeatedly and held button A down for 10 seconds but it did not do anything
  • Thanks Duppy. Don’t see a link to a guide? I did press both buttons repeatedly and held button A down for 10 seconds but it did not do anything

• Sorry about that, it didn't attach for some reason https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start, if still no joy, you may have to contact the PP team, go to your app click on the three lines top right go to Wattbot and start message with message the team, they will reply but it can take up to two days
  • Sorry about that, it didn't attach for some reason https://community.purepla.net/conten...eter#ckb_start, if still no joy, you may have to contact the PP team, go to your app click on the three lines top right go to Wattbot and start message with message the team, they will reply but it can take up to two days

• Thanks!
  • Thanks!