• Billing

We're can I see previous bills on the app please? My latest bill shows credit and usage but not payments made by direct debit and the credit amount does not match that on the app.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • We're can I see previous bills on the app please? My latest bill shows credit and usage but not payments made by direct debit and the credit amount does not match that on the app.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello JSH.
    If your DD payment was due on a weekend then it wont get collected until the next working day, however your statement will still be sent on a weekend. So it is possible that a statement will not show a paymemt, the next statement wjll show 2 payments.
    The balance on the app will update when the delayed DD payment is made with the new balance hence why it does not match the statement.
  • Hello JSH.
    If your DD payment was due on a weekend then it wont get collected until the next working day, however your statement will still be sent on a weekend. So it is possible that a statement will not show a paymemt, the next statement wjll show 2 payments.
    The balance on the app will update when the delayed DD payment is made with the new balance hence why it does not match the statement.

• Hi,
    You cannot see previous bills on the app as yet .
    This is still in the pipeline.
    All your statements should've been emailed to you each month.
  • Hi,
    You cannot see previous bills on the app as yet .
    This is still in the pipeline.
    All your statements should've been emailed to you each month.

• Hi JSH,

Welcome to the Community forum for PP members.
    All the answers above are correct, Statements are sent to customers by email only (at the moment) Sometimes a DD payment does not appear on the statement due to the DD collection date being taken just after the statement production date. This will be rectified on your next statement which will show two payments for the period. However your App will display all payments to date. There is no problem to concern yourself over, it is purely because of the fall of dates for your DD and statements.
    Gray4276
  • Hi JSH,

Welcome to the Community forum for PP members.
    All the answers above are correct, Statements are sent to customers by email only (at the moment) Sometimes a DD payment does not appear on the statement due to the DD collection date being taken just after the statement production date. This will be rectified on your next statement which will show two payments for the period. However your App will display all payments to date. There is no problem to concern yourself over, it is purely because of the fall of dates for your DD and statements.
    Gray4276

• What’s the point of monthly meter readings?

Given that the account is only review every 6 months what’s the point of the other 10 readings??? And even then when I’m paying about 10% more than needed (which I told Pure Planet was the case when I joined) the payment amount still doesn’t change!
  • What’s the point of monthly meter readings?

Given that the account is only review every 6 months what’s the point of the other 10 readings??? And even then when I’m paying about 10% more than needed (which I told Pure Planet was the case when I joined) the payment amount still doesn’t change!

• Quote Originally Posted by Johnxholland View Post
    What’s the point of monthly meter readings?

Hi there
    I think the point is that the monthly readings keep your account on track and give early warning of any billing problem.

Not sure how you knew you were paying 10% over when you joined - your initial quote would have been based on the usage information you supplied.

If you are paying more than is needed, then your account will be increasingly in credit, and if so you can message the team via Wattbot and ask for your credit to be returned or your direct debit payment reduced. But remember that you should always be about a month's payment in credit because you pay in advance. In summer possibly more because of the seasonal usage differences.
    Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Johnxholland View Post

Hi there
    I think the point is that the monthly readings keep your account on track and give early warning of any billing problem.

Not sure how you knew you were paying 10% over when you joined - your initial quote would have been based on the usage information you supplied.

If you are paying more than is needed, then your account will be increasingly in credit, and if so you can message the team via Wattbot and ask for your credit to be returned or your direct debit payment reduced. But remember that you should always be about a month's payment in credit because you pay in advance. In summer possibly more because of the seasonal usage differences.
    Hope that helps
    Stephen

• My point is the the monthly reading don’t keep my account on track in fact it has no effect.
    As to how I knew I was paying 10% too much 10 years of reading and a change of heating system is how I knew.

Don’t get me wrong Pure Planet are no worse than any other electric supplier I’ve used over the last 40 years I can’t remember any of them underestimating my usage. They all seem to think they know better than me what I’m going to use.
  • My point is the the monthly reading don’t keep my account on track in fact it has no effect.
    As to how I knew I was paying 10% too much 10 years of reading and a change of heating system is how I knew.

Don’t get me wrong Pure Planet are no worse than any other electric supplier I’ve used over the last 40 years I can’t remember any of them underestimating my usage. They all seem to think they know better than me what I’m going to use.

• Hi Johnxhollan,

Our DD's are based on averages, and will never match our usage on a month on month consumption basis, but should factor in how our accounts were set up as per the advance payment already explained.

It is prudent to provide monthly meter reads because when our accounts are reviewed for a DD adjustment that process can only be accurately adjusted based on actuals. That would also apply if we asked our supplier for a review.
    Once account reviewed/adjusted our DD's are formed by the previous actual usage as in energy consumed over the seasons creating a new average contributing towards future seasonal changes. In theory DD's iron out the peaks and the troughs.
    In practice thats debatable because of severe weather changes and personal changes a supplier has no control over.

The only way any supplier could match your main point would be on a non DD billing system.
    You pay for what you use based on actual readings for the billing period agreed.

Have a great day
  • Hi Johnxhollan,

Our DD's are based on averages, and will never match our usage on a month on month consumption basis, but should factor in how our accounts were set up as per the advance payment already explained.

It is prudent to provide monthly meter reads because when our accounts are reviewed for a DD adjustment that process can only be accurately adjusted based on actuals. That would also apply if we asked our supplier for a review.
    Once account reviewed/adjusted our DD's are formed by the previous actual usage as in energy consumed over the seasons creating a new average contributing towards future seasonal changes. In theory DD's iron out the peaks and the troughs.
    In practice thats debatable because of severe weather changes and personal changes a supplier has no control over.

The only way any supplier could match your main point would be on a non DD billing system.
    You pay for what you use based on actual readings for the billing period agreed.

Have a great day

• hi jsh
    the answer is you can't at present see previous statements in the app, but it's under development (or on the roadmap).
    You should have access to all your previous statements in your email, you could always save the pdfs in a separate location?

As far as usage is concerned, if you look at the balance on the statement it should be obvious if you're on track, after you've paid the dd you should be about an average month's payment in credit, but it's a fuzzy logic art, not a science as it depends on many variables, so there are going to be large variations.
    At a 10% variation it would take PP or any supplier at least a year to pick up the fact that your consumption had dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    We're can I see previous bills on the app please? My latest bill shows credit and usage but not payments made by direct debit and the credit amount does not match that on the app.
  • hi jsh
    the answer is you can't at present see previous statements in the app, but it's under development (or on the roadmap).
    You should have access to all your previous statements in your email, you could always save the pdfs in a separate location?

As far as usage is concerned, if you look at the balance on the statement it should be obvious if you're on track, after you've paid the dd you should be about an average month's payment in credit, but it's a fuzzy logic art, not a science as it depends on many variables, so there are going to be large variations.
    At a 10% variation it would take PP or any supplier at least a year to pick up the fact that your consumption had dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post

• hi johnxholland
    in addition to all the other good reasons given here are 2 more:
    ​PP forward buy their energy, they need an indication of how much to buy, your figures in conjunction with all the others help them calculate how much to buy, which in turn helps control pricing.
    It helps you know whether you have any issues, for example there was a recent post on here where someone noticed a huge increase in consumption caused by someone leaving a heater on.

If you list all the pros vs the cons of submitting monthly readings, it's a no contest. I only wish I could read my water meter as easily.

If you think your annual payment is set too high that's easy to fix, just ask for a DD review.
    If you thought your monthly payment was too high you could have simply asked for a lower payment.
    Bear in mind it's paid up front so you'd normally expect to be about a month in credit after the dd is paid.
    There are too many variables for any energy company to assess your usage before a year has passed. The 6 monthly review is designed to spot large errors, not normal fluctuations.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxholland View Post

• hi johnxholland
    ​PP forward buy their energy, they need an indication of how much to buy, your figures in conjunction with all the others help them calculate how much to buy, which in turn helps control pricing.
    It helps you know whether you have any issues, for example there was a recent post on here where someone noticed a huge increase in consumption caused by someone leaving a heater on.

If you list all the pros vs the cons of submitting monthly readings, it's a no contest. I only wish I could read my water meter as easily.

If you think your annual payment is set too high that's easy to fix, just ask for a DD review.
    If you thought your monthly payment was too high you could have simply asked for a lower payment.
    Bear in mind it's paid up front so you'd normally expect to be about a month in credit after the dd is paid.
    There are too many variables for any energy company to assess your usage before a year has passed. The 6 monthly review is designed to spot large errors, not normal fluctuations.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnxholland View Post

• Ok submitting a read to help pure planet calculate how much electricity to buy makes sense. It doesn’t help me directly as i monitor my usage at least once a week and the readings go into a spread sheet which gives me all sorts of estimates from daily usage to yearly estimates of cost. I expect my spread sheet will become obsolete when I get a smart meter, we shall have to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi johnxholland

• Ok submitting a read to help pure planet calculate how much electricity to buy makes sense. It doesn’t help me directly as i monitor my usage at least once a week and the readings go into a spread sheet which gives me all sorts of estimates from daily usage to yearly estimates of cost. I expect my spread sheet will become obsolete when I get a smart meter, we shall have to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi johnxholland

• Hi JSH,
    I don't see any reason why you should stop using your spreadsheet if you get a SM fitted. I certainly won't scrap mine...... and yours certainly seems to satisfy your requirement to monitor your energy consumption. This would mean that your consumption is being monitored by two sources..... You and your supplier..... and that's a good thing.
    Gray4276
  • Hi JSH,
    I don't see any reason why you should stop using your spreadsheet if you get a SM fitted. I certainly won't scrap mine...... and yours certainly seems to satisfy your requirement to monitor your energy consumption. This would mean that your consumption is being monitored by two sources..... You and your supplier..... and that's a good thing.
    Gray4276