• Quote Originally Posted by Daspy View Post
    A big one as a teacher, when I scan the staffroom in briefing and feel I must be in there with several sixth formers. And informing others of yesteryear prices eg bus fare in early 1980s got change from 10p. Discussing ZX81 as the 'big' breakthrough in home computing. Clive Sinclair and his DelBoy cart the C5!!! I could go on
    2p when I first got on a bus (as a child) The Spectrum 48k was the computer that got me into computing and never looked back. used to spend hours programming and playing on that.
    Last edited by Jowl; 08-07-19 at 20:49.
    A big one as a teacher, when I scan the staffroom in briefing and feel I must be in there with several sixth formers. And informing others of yesteryear prices eg bus fare in early 1980s got change from 10p. Discussing ZX81 as the 'big' breakthrough in home computing. Clive Sinclair and his DelBoy cart the C5!!! I could go on
    2p when I first got on a bus (as a child) The Spectrum 48k was the computer that got me into computing and never looked back. used to spend hours programming and playing on that.
  • Jeez, this is the ultimate 🙄🤦*♀️

Only logged in to quickly share before Wim.

Got back from food shopping, plugged oven in, unpacked shopping, then put falafel in oven to have for lunch.

Very humid 😓so took a second 🚿, whilst waiting. Made a cuppa, and was all set to sit down for an aft of 🎾🍓🖥 with my lunch.

I opened oven door to check how it was doing, you’ve guessed it, forgot to turn the dial on! AaaaRGH 🙄🙄😂😂😂😂😂🤦*♀️

Thought I was being really organised too with my planning 😂. So sitting here with my blackberries and raspberries but no falafel 😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Jeez, this is the ultimate 🙄🤦*♀️

Only logged in to quickly share before Wim.

Got back from food shopping, plugged oven in, unpacked shopping, then put falafel in oven to have for lunch.

Very humid 😓so took a second 🚿, whilst waiting. Made a cuppa, and was all set to sit down for an aft of 🎾🍓🖥 with my lunch.

I opened oven door to check how it was doing, you’ve guessed it, forgot to turn the dial on! AaaaRGH 🙄🙄😂😂😂😂😂🤦*♀️

Thought I was being really organised too with my planning 😂. So sitting here with my blackberries and raspberries but no falafel 😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • ...even the Chelsea Pensioners look young?
  • ...even the Chelsea Pensioners look young?
  • 😂😂😂😂😂😂LOL, that’s a bit worrying Lenny 😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂😂😂LOL, that’s a bit worrying Lenny 😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
    'When I were a lad' our school went all 'igh tech, we had BBC Micros, on which, amongst other things, we got to play 'GB Limited'

A few years back, I decided to introduce Kate to the joys of 'Fantasy World Dizzy' which we played on an emulator, well I guess strictly speaking Kate 'played it' - I provided 'voice effects' for the subtitles.
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 11-07-19 at 13:48.
    'When I were a lad' our school went all 'igh tech, we had BBC Micros, on which, amongst other things, we got to play 'GB Limited'

A few years back, I decided to introduce Kate to the joys of 'Fantasy World Dizzy' which we played on an emulator, well I guess strictly speaking Kate 'played it' - I provided 'voice effects' for the subtitles.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post

I opened oven door to check how it was doing, you’ve guessed it, forgot to turn the dial on! AaaaRGH ���������������� ���������������� ��������������*♀

Dial? What's this dial thing of which you speak? My oven has buttons, we don't get these posh dials.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post

I opened oven door to check how it was doing, you’ve guessed it, forgot to turn the dial on! AaaaRGH ���������������� ���������������� ��������������*♀

Dial? What's this dial thing of which you speak? My oven has buttons, we don't get these posh dials.
  • 😂😂😂😂😂Deffo nothing posh about it Gwyndy, in fact I was thinking when I posted it, “bet everyone’s thinking it’s not 1974” 😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂😂Deffo nothing posh about it Gwyndy, in fact I was thinking when I posted it, “bet everyone’s thinking it’s not 1974” 😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Nothing wrong with dials, I say bring them back (not that I can remember that satisfying whirring noise as the beautifully engineered dial spun back...)
    (You know you're getting old if you can remember someone having one of those...)
    Name:  bakelite-dial.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  21.6 KB
  • Nothing wrong with dials, I say bring them back (not that I can remember that satisfying whirring noise as the beautifully engineered dial spun back...)
    (You know you're getting old if you can remember someone having one of those...)
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Nothing wrong with dials, I say bring them back (not that I can remember that satisfying whirring noise as the beautifully engineered dial spun back...)
    Cheers Woz My mum still has her original in Red. We call it the Bat phone I tried calling on it a few years ago but I kept forgetting where I was up to when dialing
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Nothing wrong with dials, I say bring them back (not that I can remember that satisfying whirring noise as the beautifully engineered dial spun back...)
    Cheers Woz My mum still has her original in Red. We call it the Bat phone I tried calling on it a few years ago but I kept forgetting where I was up to when dialing
  • My Nan had one in cream. Remember it vividly, it was like a new toy every time we visited 😂😂😂😂👍, I can still remember her telephone number forty years on! Insane!

WALT WHITMAN
  • My Nan had one in cream. Remember it vividly, it was like a new toy every time we visited 😂😂😂😂👍, I can still remember her telephone number forty years on! Insane!

WALT WHITMAN
  • We had one like that when i was a nipper. Also recall a lock got put on it so that us kids didnt run up a massive bill. Only issue with the lock was the old man was not too bright and he put it on the 9 just in case we needed to make an emergency 999 call. I for one was able to phone all my mates.
    Name:  houdini7_large@2x.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  18.5 KB
    Last edited by Jon1; 12-07-19 at 15:28.
  • We had one like that when i was a nipper. Also recall a lock got put on it so that us kids didnt run up a massive bill. Only issue with the lock was the old man was not too bright and he put it on the 9 just in case we needed to make an emergency 999 call. I for one was able to phone all my mates.
  • haha, good job your mates never had a zero in their phone numbers, but what he also didn't realise was that is was pulse dialling so you could tap out the number on the cradle switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    We had one like that when i was a nipper. Also recall a lock got put on it so that us kids didnt run up a massive bill. Only issue with the lock was the old man was not too bright and he put it on the 9 just in case we needed to make an emergency 999 call. I for one was able to phone all my mates.
  • haha, good job your mates never had a zero in their phone numbers, but what he also didn't realise was that is was pulse dialling so you could tap out the number on the cradle switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    We had one like that when i was a nipper. Also recall a lock got put on it so that us kids didnt run up a massive bill. Only issue with the lock was the old man was not too bright and he put it on the 9 just in case we needed to make an emergency 999 call. I for one was able to phone all my mates.
  • Ha, I actually managed to make a call doing that once I think!
  • Ha, I actually managed to make a call doing that once I think!