• You know you’re getting old when ......................

You pick up the TV Remote Control and start trying to type a text on it 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, like I just did!

I am glued to the French Open final 🎾, but no excuse! I did larf! 😂😂😂🙄

​Any signs you’re getting old? Go on, admit it!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • You pick up the TV Remote Control and start trying to type a text on it 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, like I just did!

I am glued to the French Open final 🎾, but no excuse! I did larf! 😂😂😂🙄

​Any signs you’re getting old? Go on, admit it!

WALT WHITMAN
  • When you mention vhs to people at work....and they say 'What's that? '
    Errrr....
  • When you mention vhs to people at work....and they say 'What's that? '
    Errrr....
  • Quote Originally Posted by Angelabikerbabe View Post
    When you mention vhs to people at work....and they say 'What's that? '
    Errrr....
    Hey.... what's that...... sorry Angela, only joking..... couldn't resist.
    Gray4276
    Errrr....
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
  • When you go into another room to get something, and when you get there forget what you have gone for.
  • When you go into another room to get something, and when you get there forget what you have gone for.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    When you go into another room to get something, and when you get there forget what you have gone for.
    Ah Duppy, this happens to me ALL the time. 🙄
    When you go into another room to get something, and when you get there forget what you have gone for.
    Ah Duppy, this happens to me ALL the time. 🙄
  • Damn - I was about to post a witty reply....no...it's gone...
  • Damn - I was about to post a witty reply....no...it's gone...
  • LOL Wozeeta 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • LOL Wozeeta 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
    Errrr....
    If you really want to confuse them, mention betamax
    Errrr....
    You are SO young. When I started working for a charity, the whole communications strategy was based on filmstrips... then after a few years video came along.
    Stephen
    You are SO young. When I started working for a charity, the whole communications strategy was based on filmstrips... then after a few years video came along.
    Stephen
  • There is an electric device you can get that overcomes those occasions when you go go upstairs to get or do something and then forget why you have gone upstairs. It’s an electric stair lift. It gets you up so fast you don’t have time to forget what you have gone up for!
    Richard
  • There is an electric device you can get that overcomes those occasions when you go go upstairs to get or do something and then forget why you have gone upstairs. It’s an electric stair lift. It gets you up so fast you don’t have time to forget what you have gone up for!
    Richard
  • Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    There is an electric device you can get that overcomes those occasions when you go go upstairs to get or do something and then forget why you have gone upstairs. It’s an electric stair lift. It gets you up so fast you don’t have time to forget what you have gone up for!
    Ha ha, nice one 👍👍👍
  • Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    There is an electric device you can get that overcomes those occasions when you go go upstairs to get or do something and then forget why you have gone upstairs. It’s an electric stair lift. It gets you up so fast you don’t have time to forget what you have gone up for!
    Ha ha, nice one 👍👍👍
  • Does it also work in flats ??
  • Does it also work in flats ??
  • LOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • LOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Ah.
    I have an excuse for that, it's my 'survival instincts' kicking in.
    I remember that some scientists investigated why this happens, and apparently it's a defence mechanism, your brain treats crossing the threshold as if you are entering some form of 'danger zone' so it puts all it's effort into paying attention to your new surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

You know you are getting old when sentences start with:

'When I was a ...'

Such as when I pass my childhood home, and go 'when I was a lad, that housing estate was all fields, with horses in....,' or 'when I was a lad, my friends and I played in that house whilst it was being built.'

I've not yet got to the stage of my neighbour's dad, who told me one day that he was one of the first tenants of our estate, way back in the 1960s or 1970s, and lived here whilst every other section was being built - he also explained why our house numbering system makes no sense.

Having said that, do you know what really, really, makes me feel old?

Remembering when a gallon of petrol cost less than a litre of petrol does now, oh for those heady days when I could fill up my 75 for £15.
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 10-06-19 at 11:55.
  • Ah.
    I have an excuse for that, it's my 'survival instincts' kicking in.
    I remember that some scientists investigated why this happens, and apparently it's a defence mechanism, your brain treats crossing the threshold as if you are entering some form of 'danger zone' so it puts all it's effort into paying attention to your new surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

You know you are getting old when sentences start with:

'When I was a ...'

Such as when I pass my childhood home, and go 'when I was a lad, that housing estate was all fields, with horses in....,' or 'when I was a lad, my friends and I played in that house whilst it was being built.'

I've not yet got to the stage of my neighbour's dad, who told me one day that he was one of the first tenants of our estate, way back in the 1960s or 1970s, and lived here whilst every other section was being built - he also explained why our house numbering system makes no sense.

Having said that, do you know what really, really, makes me feel old?

Remembering when a gallon of petrol cost less than a litre of petrol does now, oh for those heady days when I could fill up my 75 for £15.
  • On a personal level today, I discovered I'm old because I was investigating the 'Goblin Steamette' wallpaper stripper that I dug out of the shed to take over my friend's and not only did I remember that.

It originally came with an attachment that allowed you to steam floors.

It came with an attachment that allowed you to steam ovens.

I found an advert for it in the Argos CatalogueName:  2019-06-10 (2).png
Views: 142
Size:  2.64 MB: from 1994!
  • On a personal level today, I discovered I'm old because I was investigating the 'Goblin Steamette' wallpaper stripper that I dug out of the shed to take over my friend's and not only did I remember that.

• I was about to post a comment about a Goblin Teasmade, but I'll probably get banned so I wont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    On a personal level today, I discovered I'm old because I was investigating the 'Goblin Steamette' wallpaper stripper that I dug out of the shed to take over my friend's and not only did I remember that.

• I was about to post a comment about a Goblin Teasmade, but I'll probably get banned so I wont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    On a personal level today, I discovered I'm old because I was investigating the 'Goblin Steamette' wallpaper stripper that I dug out of the shed to take over my friend's and not only did I remember that.

• Having said that, do you know what really, really, makes me feel old?

Blimey Gwyndy, now I feel really old, I can remember getting 4 gallons (18 LTRs ) of petrol and a couple of shots of RedEx for £1
    Last edited by Duppy; 10-06-19 at 17:24.
  • Having said that, do you know what really, really, makes me feel old?

Blimey Gwyndy, now I feel really old, I can remember getting 4 gallons (18 LTRs ) of petrol and a couple of shots of RedEx for £1
  • When you know how much 10 bob is.
    Remember life before the M25.
    Watching the first space shuttle landing.
    Last edited by Jon1; 10-06-19 at 15:40.
  • When you know how much 10 bob is.
    Remember life before the M25.
    Watching the first space shuttle landing.
  • yes, until you bump your head on the ceiling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Does it also work in flats ??
  • yes, until you bump your head on the ceiling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Does it also work in flats ??