• Contact number for Pure Planet

Hi,
    I am buying a house already supplied by Pure Planet.
    I want to make sure I give meter readings for gas & electricity on the day but will not have the internet to do so on the day I move.
    I hate doing things online and I need to speak to someone in person to make sure that the previous owner doesn't make me inherit their bills. How do I get to speak with someone at Pure Planet? Their app is appalling, never seems to work when you need it to and I want to make sure the readings are given on the day of moving.
    Any help would be very gratefully received.
    Cocotte2929
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,
    I want to make sure I give meter readings for gas & electricity on the day but will not have the internet to do so on the day I move.
    I hate doing things online and I need to speak to someone in person to make sure that the previous owner doesn't make me inherit their bills. How do I get to speak with someone at Pure Planet? Their app is appalling, never seems to work when you need it to and I want to make sure the readings are given on the day of moving.
    Cocotte2929
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi cocotte2929

PP is app based only and don't have call centres.
    Which part of the app do you think is appalling? It seems to work ok for most people? Wattbot only gives auto responses unless you type "message the team"

I can't solve your distrust of your fellow humans, but as you have the app and presumably you'll have joined for the property, - (you should because it will make your journey much easier and even if only to leave because you hate going online and you don't like the app)
    you should take photos of the meters showing their readings on the day you move in, then

go to help in the app,
    ask wattbot,
    type "message the team"
    send a message explaining and attach to photos.
    Replies are not instant
    It does take quite a while for the previous occupiers readings to be verified so be patient (that's not a PP thing, it's all energy companies)

Just to point out, the trust cuts both ways, if you were to phone PP how could you prove the readings were genuine?

anyway
    Good luck with the move and welcome to the community. I hope you'll decide to stay,

Quote Originally Posted by Cocotte2929 View Post
    Hi,
    Cocotte2929
  • hi cocotte2929

PP is app based only and don't have call centres.
    Which part of the app do you think is appalling? It seems to work ok for most people? Wattbot only gives auto responses unless you type "message the team"

I can't solve your distrust of your fellow humans, but as you have the app and presumably you'll have joined for the property, - (you should because it will make your journey much easier and even if only to leave because you hate going online and you don't like the app)
    you should take photos of the meters showing their readings on the day you move in, then

go to help in the app,
    ask wattbot,
    type "message the team"
    send a message explaining and attach to photos.
    Replies are not instant
    It does take quite a while for the previous occupiers readings to be verified so be patient (that's not a PP thing, it's all energy companies)

Just to point out, the trust cuts both ways, if you were to phone PP how could you prove the readings were genuine?

anyway
    Good luck with the move and welcome to the community. I hope you'll decide to stay,

Hi,
    Cocotte2929

• If you “hate doing things online” Coc, then you’re pretty much with the wrong provider I’m afraid 👎
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • If you “hate doing things online” Coc, then you’re pretty much with the wrong provider I’m afraid 👎

WALT WHITMAN

• subtle...but not chosen, inherited...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    If you “hate doing things online” Coc, then you’re pretty much with the wrong provider I’m afraid ������
  • subtle...but not chosen, inherited...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    If you “hate doing things online” Coc, then you’re pretty much with the wrong provider I’m afraid ������

• Ooooooh you’re right Woz, yes. I see. Apologies Coc, you didn’t make the choice 👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Ooooooh you’re right Woz, yes. I see. Apologies Coc, you didn’t make the choice 👍

WALT WHITMAN

• Hi Cocotte2929, we understand that the app approach doesn’t suit everyone - however, existing customers are benefiting from this approach as it keeps costs down and the savings passed on and reflected in the unit price of energy supplied by PP. Pure Planet reduced their gas charges a few weeks ago. So, take a photo of your meters and follow the above suggestions.
    Hope things work out for you quickly,
    Regards
  • Hi Cocotte2929, we understand that the app approach doesn’t suit everyone - however, existing customers are benefiting from this approach as it keeps costs down and the savings passed on and reflected in the unit price of energy supplied by PP. Pure Planet reduced their gas charges a few weeks ago. So, take a photo of your meters and follow the above suggestions.
    Hope things work out for you quickly,
    Regards

• Not my fault if the current owner is with Pure Planet. I have to start with them and then change supplier thereafter. I sure will change supplier because I think it is inconvenient when their blooming app doesn't work on my phone and I will have no internet on the first few days that I move in. It is not my choice to be with P Planet because I'd rather pick up the phone, give my readings and 2 minutes later, job done.
  • Not my fault if the current owner is with Pure Planet. I have to start with them and then change supplier thereafter. I sure will change supplier because I think it is inconvenient when their blooming app doesn't work on my phone and I will have no internet on the first few days that I move in. It is not my choice to be with P Planet because I'd rather pick up the phone, give my readings and 2 minutes later, job done.

• Hi cocottee2929.
    The whole digital only approach is not for everyone, but before you jump ship to another supplier PP are launching a website very soon so you can manage your acct via that instead of a phone app would this be more suitable for you.
  • Hi cocottee2929.
    The whole digital only approach is not for everyone, but before you jump ship to another supplier PP are launching a website very soon so you can manage your acct via that instead of a phone app would this be more suitable for you.

• Hi Cocotte,

Not my fault if the current owner is with Pure Planet. I have to start with them and then change supplier thereafter. I sure will change supplier because I think it is inconvenient when their blooming app doesn't work on my phone and I will have no internet on the first few days that I move in. It is not my choice to be with P Planet because I'd rather pick up the phone, give my readings and 2 minutes later, job done.
    It's really unfortunate that you don't want to run your account online........as you've missing out on all the benefits that operating in this way provides. Like lower running costs, which all the PP customers benefit from with lower bills.
    However I fully ununderstand that this type of provider is not your cup of tea.........and I'm sure that you will find a provider that operates in your preferred way.
    Good luck.......it would have been nice to have you as a fellow customer and Community Forum member.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Cocotte,

Not my fault if the current owner is with Pure Planet. I have to start with them and then change supplier thereafter. I sure will change supplier because I think it is inconvenient when their blooming app doesn't work on my phone and I will have no internet on the first few days that I move in. It is not my choice to be with P Planet because I'd rather pick up the phone, give my readings and 2 minutes later, job done.
    It's really unfortunate that you don't want to run your account online........as you've missing out on all the benefits that operating in this way provides. Like lower running costs, which all the PP customers benefit from with lower bills.
    However I fully ununderstand that this type of provider is not your cup of tea.........and I'm sure that you will find a provider that operates in your preferred way.
    Good luck.......it would have been nice to have you as a fellow customer and Community Forum member.
    Gray4276

• An answer not quite on the point but I have had no problems with the app since I joined PP last year. It has always worked for me. I use an iPhone. It would be nice to be able to have full access on the internet, see statements in the app and hen using the app on an iPad for it to work in landscape mode.
    Richard
  • An answer not quite on the point but I have had no problems with the app since I joined PP last year. It has always worked for me. I use an iPhone. It would be nice to be able to have full access on the internet, see statements in the app and hen using the app on an iPad for it to work in landscape mode.
    Richard

• That is all well and good but when you come across a problem that is a PP error that you can't get fixed and spend more time and effort trying to find a solution online then the model doesn't work very well. I'd rather contribute to a persons salary to pay the extra and save myself the headache

It's fine if everything is going smoothly, I myself have become incredibly frustrated as I just need to speak to a person who can fix an issue.
  • That is all well and good but when you come across a problem that is a PP error that you can't get fixed and spend more time and effort trying to find a solution online then the model doesn't work very well. I'd rather contribute to a persons salary to pay the extra and save myself the headache

It's fine if everything is going smoothly, I myself have become incredibly frustrated as I just need to speak to a person who can fix an issue.

• hi Sammi
    ​You may not be able to speak to a person but you can communicate with one via wattbot.(type message the team)
    What error do you need to fix, can we (the community) help?
    Quote Originally Posted by SammiF View Post
    That is all well and good but when you come across a problem that is a PP error that you can't get fixed and spend more time and effort trying to find a solution online then the model doesn't work very well. I'd rather contribute to a persons salary to pay the extra and save myself the headache

• hi Sammi
    ​You may not be able to speak to a person but you can communicate with one via wattbot.(type message the team)
    What error do you need to fix, can we (the community) help?
    Quote Originally Posted by SammiF View Post
    That is all well and good but when you come across a problem that is a PP error that you can't get fixed and spend more time and effort trying to find a solution online then the model doesn't work very well. I'd rather contribute to a persons salary to pay the extra and save myself the headache