• Meter readings

Hi. I've just had my smart meter installed earlier today. Later the same day I have been asked for a meter reading. Should I just ignore this request?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi. I've just had my smart meter installed earlier today. Later the same day I have been asked for a meter reading. Should I just ignore this request?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

If you have the readings from the old meters it can't do any harm to send them, I did when I had my meters fitted, although they haven't shown up on the app
  • If you have the readings from the old meters it can't do any harm to send them, I did when I had my meters fitted, although they haven't shown up on the app

• hi Suz
    If you got a closing reading when the meter was changed no harm in sending that, and 24 hours later send the new one, or you can just send a new reading, which will likely start from near zero, as PP will or should eventually get the last reading from the meter fitter, and in the fullness of time your statement will update...
    So the simple answer is yes, no harm either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Hi. I've just had my smart meter installed earlier today. Later the same day I have been asked for a meter reading. Should I just ignore this request?
  • hi Suz
    If you got a closing reading when the meter was changed no harm in sending that, and 24 hours later send the new one, or you can just send a new reading, which will likely start from near zero, as PP will or should eventually get the last reading from the meter fitter, and in the fullness of time your statement will update...
    So the simple answer is yes, no harm either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post

• Thanks for the the replies. I think I will send in a reading. As you both day no harm in doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Should read "as you both say" ha ha. Auto suggestion is just a bit quick sometimes
  • Thanks for the the replies. I think I will send in a reading. As you both day no harm in doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Should read "as you both say" ha ha. Auto suggestion is just a bit quick sometimes