• Meter readings

I have stopped getting reminders by email of when to send my meter readings, for the last few months there has been just an estimate. The best thing would be to give me a day of the month to send them automatically today the actual reading is 27408. I would not like to get a nasty surprise later. Regards keith
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have stopped getting reminders by email of when to send my meter readings, for the last few months there has been just an estimate. The best thing would be to give me a day of the month to send them automatically today the actual reading is 27408. I would not like to get a nasty surprise later. Regards keith
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi sheepspen27.
    You can use the app to send a reading whenever you like, daily if you want but that is a bit overkill. The best day to send one is the day before your monthly statement arrives. Its the same day every month so easy to remember.
  • Hi sheepspen27.
    You can use the app to send a reading whenever you like, daily if you want but that is a bit overkill. The best day to send one is the day before your monthly statement arrives. Its the same day every month so easy to remember.

• Hi sheepspen27, have you checked other email folders, eg spam/junk, to see if reminders have landed there?
    ​Regards
  • Hi sheepspen27, have you checked other email folders, eg spam/junk, to see if reminders have landed there?
    ​Regards

• Quote Originally Posted by sheepspen27 View Post
    I have stopped getting reminders by email of when to send my meter readings, for the last few months there has been just an estimate. The best thing would be to give me a day of the month to send them automatically today the actual reading is 27408. I would not like to get a nasty surprise later. Regards keith
    Hi Keith

This is your first post, so welcome to the Pure Planet community. When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.

So as @Jon1 says, you need to post your reading via the app, and you don't need an email reminder, you can just set it on your calendar.

More importantly, your statement also comes by email, so it's worth checking your spam folder. You can still see your balance on the app, so you can keep track of how your account is going.

Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by sheepspen27 View Post
    Hi Keith

This is your first post, so welcome to the Pure Planet community. When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet.

So as @Jon1 says, you need to post your reading via the app, and you don't need an email reminder, you can just set it on your calendar.

More importantly, your statement also comes by email, so it's worth checking your spam folder. You can still see your balance on the app, so you can keep track of how your account is going.

Stephen

• Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Keith

Stephen
    Hi Stephen, As usual a very informative and helpful response

I particularly like your point about members using their calendars to set a reminder for meter reading day. So many people "complain" about PP using estimates..... when in reality they have the ability to rectify this themselves. My meter reading dates are in my Google Calendar.... as the Meerkats would say. SIMPLES
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Keith

Stephen
    Hi Stephen, As usual a very informative and helpful response

I particularly like your point about members using their calendars to set a reminder for meter reading day. So many people "complain" about PP using estimates..... when in reality they have the ability to rectify this themselves. My meter reading dates are in my Google Calendar.... as the Meerkats would say. SIMPLES
    Gray4276