• Why is my usage based on the estimate even when an actual reading has been submitted?

Hi Community folks!

I'm just curious to understand why on my bill, my usage is calculated on the PP estimated usage rather than my actual meter usage, which I've submitted, when both numbers are showing on the statement? I know technically it makes no difference as the bill is the same amount anyway, but it would just be good to know what my 'real' spend per month is rather than having the spend based upon my estimated usage? It just seems strange that PP uses an estimated usage even when you take a reading and submit it!

Any thoughts, if this has already been raised?
    Many thanks!
    ​Vivienne
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi Community folks!

I'm just curious to understand why on my bill, my usage is calculated on the PP estimated usage rather than my actual meter usage, which I've submitted, when both numbers are showing on the statement? I know technically it makes no difference as the bill is the same amount anyway, but it would just be good to know what my 'real' spend per month is rather than having the spend based upon my estimated usage? It just seems strange that PP uses an estimated usage even when you take a reading and submit it!

Any thoughts, if this has already been raised?
    Many thanks!
    ​Vivienne
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello vivienne.
    The estimated reading confusion debate like you say it nothing to worry about, however what happens is.
    For example i will use a billing date of the 10th of the month.
    You get asked to submit readings on 7th.
    So you do this and give reading on 8th.
    This will show on statement. PP will then estimate your reading up slightly to take account of the next 2 days usage and give an estimated readings on the 10th.
    If you really dont want the estimated part then provide a reading on the 10th and it will not be estimated upwards.
  • Hello vivienne.
    The estimated reading confusion debate like you say it nothing to worry about, however what happens is.
    For example i will use a billing date of the 10th of the month.
    You get asked to submit readings on 7th.
    So you do this and give reading on 8th.
    This will show on statement. PP will then estimate your reading up slightly to take account of the next 2 days usage and give an estimated readings on the 10th.
    If you really dont want the estimated part then provide a reading on the 10th and it will not be estimated upwards.

• When you get the email asking for readings by the nth, just provide readings on the nth. That way PP won't need to estimate the readings for the nth based on your readings from a couple of days before.
  • When you get the email asking for readings by the nth, just provide readings on the nth. That way PP won't need to estimate the readings for the nth based on your readings from a couple of days before.

• Ahh, now I understand! Thank you for clarifying!
  • Ahh, now I understand! Thank you for clarifying!