• Calculating cost of usage on weekly basis

I would like to be able to calculate the cost of my power as I go along on a weekly basis. How do I go about this. Thank you
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I would like to be able to calculate the cost of my power as I go along on a weekly basis. How do I go about this. Thank you
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello and welcome.
    The app wont do this for you so what you will need to do is.
    Record meter readings at the same time each week and then do the maths to work out the cost. Electric is easier than gas and the power of google will locate several sites that will work it out for you if you cant be bothered to do it yourself.
    An easier method is simply devide your monthly statement by 4.3 not completly accurate but close.
    In the extreme generate a speadsheet that will work it all out whenever you enter a reading into it.
  • Hello and welcome.
    The app wont do this for you so what you will need to do is.
    Record meter readings at the same time each week and then do the maths to work out the cost. Electric is easier than gas and the power of google will locate several sites that will work it out for you if you cant be bothered to do it yourself.
    An easier method is simply devide your monthly statement by 4.3 not completly accurate but close.
    In the extreme generate a speadsheet that will work it all out whenever you enter a reading into it.

• Best Answer

hi Grannimo
    How you do it depends on what resources and technology you have.
    As a gentle start:
    Assuming you submit readings around about the time you get the reminder, can you wait until you've had the statements, they will give you a good working average with one simple calculation?

but if not
    Are you able to read your meters every week? That's the very minimum you'll need

Do you have a google account?

Do you have any spreadsheet software that you are able to use? Not vital if you have a google account but makes it a little easier.
    and
    HERE is a website which might help, have a look.
    ​Post back and I'll help you along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannimo View Post
    I would like to be able to calculate the cost of my power as I go along on a weekly basis. How do I go about this. Thank you
    Last edited by woz; 04-06-19 at 12:12.
  • hi Grannimo
    How you do it depends on what resources and technology you have.
    As a gentle start:
    Assuming you submit readings around about the time you get the reminder, can you wait until you've had the statements, they will give you a good working average with one simple calculation?

but if not
    Are you able to read your meters every week? That's the very minimum you'll need

Do you have a google account?

Do you have any spreadsheet software that you are able to use? Not vital if you have a google account but makes it a little easier.
    and
    HERE is a website which might help, have a look.
    ​Post back and I'll help you along the way.

• thank you for your reply. I think eventually a smart meter will be the way to go.
    BW

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz
    Yes to reading meters every week, spreadsheets and google account. Than you for the link I will have a look tomorrow. Am wondering too if smart meter might be the way to go, have avoided thus far. Will get back when I've had time to look at link.
    BW
  • thank you for your reply. I think eventually a smart meter will be the way to go.
    BW

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz
    Yes to reading meters every week, spreadsheets and google account. Than you for the link I will have a look tomorrow. Am wondering too if smart meter might be the way to go, have avoided thus far. Will get back when I've had time to look at link.
    BW

• [QUOTE=Grannimo;30573]thank you for your reply. I think eventually a smart meter will be the way to go.
    BW

Hi Grannimo

I have had a smart meter fitted for a week now, and if you want to keep a check on usage, it is definitely the way to go, I know exactly how much energy I have used in the week ( plus MF ) You can check usage daily, weekly, monthly and yearly, so keeping track should be a doddle.
  • [QUOTE=Grannimo;30573]thank you for your reply. I think eventually a smart meter will be the way to go.
    BW

Hi Grannimo

I have had a smart meter fitted for a week now, and if you want to keep a check on usage, it is definitely the way to go, I know exactly how much energy I have used in the week ( plus MF ) You can check usage daily, weekly, monthly and yearly, so keeping track should be a doddle.

• hi grannimo
    ​Are you single or dual fuel?
    ​Is your electric One rate or Economy 7?
    thank you for your reply. I think eventually a smart meter will be the way to go.
    BW

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz
    BW
    Last edited by woz; 04-06-19 at 22:11.
  • hi grannimo
    ​Are you single or dual fuel?
    ​Is your electric One rate or Economy 7?
    thank you for your reply. I think eventually a smart meter will be the way to go.
    BW

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz
    BW

• New weekly spreadsheet available for the brave....
  • New weekly spreadsheet available for the brave....

• Hi Duppy, I turned down smart meter with previous supplier as there had been a lot of problems with fitters (some time ago) but have now put my name down for one but don't know how long I will have to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz I am duel fuel but don't think I am economy 7. I have put my name down for a smart meter but might be a bit of a wait. I might try the spreadsheet until then. BW
  • Hi Duppy, I turned down smart meter with previous supplier as there had been a lot of problems with fitters (some time ago) but have now put my name down for one but don't know how long I will have to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Woz I am duel fuel but don't think I am economy 7. I have put my name down for a smart meter but might be a bit of a wait. I might try the spreadsheet until then. BW