• Economy 9 - only moved some energy supply away from EDF

Hi

I've recently moved from EDF to Pureplanet ... well, partially I have.

Turns out we have an Economy 9 meter, and only part of our energy is now being supplied by Pureplanet - the rest is still being supplied by EDF.

In the absence of a call-centre to speak to, how do I get the rest of my service moved over?
    And can it be done quicker than 21 days, given the circumstances here?

Thanks,
    ​Chris.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi

I've recently moved from EDF to Pureplanet ... well, partially I have.

Turns out we have an Economy 9 meter, and only part of our energy is now being supplied by Pureplanet - the rest is still being supplied by EDF.

In the absence of a call-centre to speak to, how do I get the rest of my service moved over?
    And can it be done quicker than 21 days, given the circumstances here?

Thanks,
    ​Chris.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hey @Chris Ho and welcome to the Community

Do you know if your supply is 'related' or not? (on your past statements, did they show more than one MPAN? or do you have 2 electricity meters?)
    Check out our FAQ on related supplies - it sounds like this may be what's happened.

Our member services team would be able to check this out for you.
    As @Angelabikerbabe said you can get in touch with them by chatting to WattBot in your app.

It may help them out if you also attach a photo of your electricity meter(s).

​Let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions!
  • Hey @Chris Ho and welcome to the Community

Do you know if your supply is 'related' or not? (on your past statements, did they show more than one MPAN? or do you have 2 electricity meters?)
    Check out our FAQ on related supplies - it sounds like this may be what's happened.

Our member services team would be able to check this out for you.
    As @Angelabikerbabe said you can get in touch with them by chatting to WattBot in your app.

It may help them out if you also attach a photo of your electricity meter(s).

​Let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions!

• Hi Chris,
    As PP is an app-based company , there are no call centres.

You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team' , press enter
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.
  • Hi Chris,
    As PP is an app-based company , there are no call centres.

You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right, then click on help, then ask Wattbot,
    Then you need to type in 'message the team' , press enter
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.

• hi Chris ho
    I have a feeling this won't end well if you have 2 MPANs, you may end up having to pay 2 lots of membership fees (aka standing charge) (or 3 if you moved the gas) if you move the other supply over to PP.
    I'm just warning you of the possibility so that when you communicate with PP you are aware of this.
    Ideally the system should have picked up that you were Economy 9 and prevented the switch, but it seems to have failed.
    Given that they've done the switch it may be worth asking what they can do, but it's down to whether their accounting systems can support it.

Of course if you only have one Mpan no problem.

​How many electricity meter readings do you have in total?
    If it's 2 and you only have one mpan, you could then be classed as Economy 7 and all will be OK
    (​I don't work for PP, my opinions are my own)
  • hi Chris ho
    I have a feeling this won't end well if you have 2 MPANs, you may end up having to pay 2 lots of membership fees (aka standing charge) (or 3 if you moved the gas) if you move the other supply over to PP.
    I'm just warning you of the possibility so that when you communicate with PP you are aware of this.
    Ideally the system should have picked up that you were Economy 9 and prevented the switch, but it seems to have failed.
    Given that they've done the switch it may be worth asking what they can do, but it's down to whether their accounting systems can support it.

Of course if you only have one Mpan no problem.

​How many electricity meter readings do you have in total?
    If it's 2 and you only have one mpan, you could then be classed as Economy 7 and all will be OK
    (​I don't work for PP, my opinions are my own)