• Another Year Older

Well its come round again far t fast, wot, I hear you ask???

My birthday. My friends are coming t my colourful pad n having a Mother of a knees up, getting a bit pissed on fairly safe Lambrini, cos Linda likes it better than wine. I had nearly a whole bottle of champers last year for my BiG 60th last year, boy it woz nice, Barb joined me we had a fab chat. I never drink alchohol, cos it pickles ur liver.

So we are aving some nosh, pizzas, BF Gat, cream cakes are a must have with us girlies, sarnies, veggie salad stuff as well, Veggie Spring rolls, total trough out.

Gotta be Fab Four sounds on me iPad, isn't Spotify FAB?
    I have quite a lot of Beatles music n Paul Macca's recent albums, in the library as well as Artie Shaw n Benny Goodman Swing stuff. I really like Egypt Station n Tug of War, Kisses on the Bottom is very Swingy, by Sir Paul McCartney. Blimey how does he dos sellout concerts, at his age, he must be eating a lot of spunach. Wonder wen he will hang up his guitar?
    He has loadsa songs still wziting to be written. One very heartbreaking day wen he joins John Lennon n George, A

Linda n I are lifelong Beatles fans, she went to see him in Leeds n Manchester. Newbie on the scene, is Jess Glynne, Fab vouice eh?

I really like 30's Swing n Jazz have it on my iPad all day, so our new Manager asked me to organuse a 40's BBQ in August, Swing music by Glenn Miller, make do n mend clothes, ladies hair in rolls, with rest of hair in hairnets. Sweet little hats n gravy legs stockings.
    Wot an honour.

I can't dance anymore nit like I did wen I was 14 with the lasses,

Anyway, I can wiggle me arse a bit with me walking stick to a bit of Artie Shaw n Benny Goodman. He plays clarinet so well.

Not only this but knitting n chatting about Beatles songs, supping Bailey's LattΓ© Machiato coffees as well its gonna be a merry ol day. Well wen can u get drunk if not on a birthday with me friends.

Natalie my Beautician is coming on Sat to give me a luxury paducure, paint toe nails with Nail Art.

I'm hoping t get into my pretty turquoise party dress, Its a fab Joe Brown's design. I wonder if it will fit me???

Well jujdging by the volume of healthy chow I have been eating for months, I might just get into it. Nurse Serena sez I look like I av lost weight, My Mexican Wave arms, are awful, but I have a BodyBlade t help me get in shape, with DVD fixed I'm looking fwd t a new me
    Methinks I'll have t squeeze into some magic corsets that suck in that excess butt n belly like the QVC models. Ha! Wot a con, they are all stick thin.

I have asked my friends on FB not t give pressies n cards this year but t make donations t Breast Cancer Care, one of my fave Charities. It will very helpful to the patients, who are often bewildered with the awful news, all that Chemo pain, especially newly diagnosed pstients, who need advice n support, someone t talk to, Nursing when needed and help with meds.

I make little pink ribbons with brooche backs, with silk pink roses stitched onto the front if ribbons, bit better than stickers.

Anyway wot do you guys n gals do for ur birthdays???
    Last edited by Kniterella; 03-06-19 at 19:52.
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Well its come round again far t fast, wot, I hear you ask???

My birthday. My friends are coming t my colourful pad n having a Mother of a knees up, getting a bit pissed on fairly safe Lambrini, cos Linda likes it better than wine. I had nearly a whole bottle of champers last year for my BiG 60th last year, boy it woz nice, Barb joined me we had a fab chat. I never drink alchohol, cos it pickles ur liver.

So we are aving some nosh, pizzas, BF Gat, cream cakes are a must have with us girlies, sarnies, veggie salad stuff as well, Veggie Spring rolls, total trough out.

Gotta be Fab Four sounds on me iPad, isn't Spotify FAB?
    I have quite a lot of Beatles music n Paul Macca's recent albums, in the library as well as Artie Shaw n Benny Goodman Swing stuff. I really like Egypt Station n Tug of War, Kisses on the Bottom is very Swingy, by Sir Paul McCartney. Blimey how does he dos sellout concerts, at his age, he must be eating a lot of spunach. Wonder wen he will hang up his guitar?
    He has loadsa songs still wziting to be written. One very heartbreaking day wen he joins John Lennon n George, A

Linda n I are lifelong Beatles fans, she went to see him in Leeds n Manchester. Newbie on the scene, is Jess Glynne, Fab vouice eh?

I really like 30's Swing n Jazz have it on my iPad all day, so our new Manager asked me to organuse a 40's BBQ in August, Swing music by Glenn Miller, make do n mend clothes, ladies hair in rolls, with rest of hair in hairnets. Sweet little hats n gravy legs stockings.
    Wot an honour.

I can't dance anymore nit like I did wen I was 14 with the lasses,

Anyway, I can wiggle me arse a bit with me walking stick to a bit of Artie Shaw n Benny Goodman. He plays clarinet so well.

Not only this but knitting n chatting about Beatles songs, supping Bailey's LattΓ© Machiato coffees as well its gonna be a merry ol day. Well wen can u get drunk if not on a birthday with me friends.

Natalie my Beautician is coming on Sat to give me a luxury paducure, paint toe nails with Nail Art.

I'm hoping t get into my pretty turquoise party dress, Its a fab Joe Brown's design. I wonder if it will fit me???

Well jujdging by the volume of healthy chow I have been eating for months, I might just get into it. Nurse Serena sez I look like I av lost weight, My Mexican Wave arms, are awful, but I have a BodyBlade t help me get in shape, with DVD fixed I'm looking fwd t a new me
    Methinks I'll have t squeeze into some magic corsets that suck in that excess butt n belly like the QVC models. Ha! Wot a con, they are all stick thin.

I have asked my friends on FB not t give pressies n cards this year but t make donations t Breast Cancer Care, one of my fave Charities. It will very helpful to the patients, who are often bewildered with the awful news, all that Chemo pain, especially newly diagnosed pstients, who need advice n support, someone t talk to, Nursing when needed and help with meds.

I make little pink ribbons with brooche backs, with silk pink roses stitched onto the front if ribbons, bit better than stickers.

Anyway wot do you guys n gals do for ur birthdays???
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • I love your posts knit!

Many Happy Returns

Name:  hbknit.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  27.0 KB
  • I love your posts knit!

Many Happy Returns

Name:  hbknit.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  27.0 KB
  • Happy birthday @Kniterella
    Enjoy the knees-up!
    As you're asking, I tend to have quiet birthdays. They seem to get quieter by the year....
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Happy birthday @Kniterella
    Enjoy the knees-up!
    As you're asking, I tend to have quiet birthdays. They seem to get quieter by the year....
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Happy Birthday
  • Happy Birthday
  • Love other peoples birthdays πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰, but my own I tend to keep nice and quiet, fuss free!

​Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations Knitty πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Love other peoples birthdays πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰, but my own I tend to keep nice and quiet, fuss free!

​Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations Knitty πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Wow such a nice thread @Kniterella - I've moved it to our Off Topic section

Happy birthday! Lots of food sounds great to me

Like @Bev I prefer other peoples' bdays and love organising parties for my friends, but I normally just have a nice meal with my fam for mine

Sounds like you're gonna have a great time! And super thoughtful doing the charity donations instead of presents, nice touch.
  • Wow such a nice thread @Kniterella - I've moved it to our Off Topic section

Happy birthday! Lots of food sounds great to me

Like @Bev I prefer other peoples' bdays and love organising parties for my friends, but I normally just have a nice meal with my fam for mine

Sounds like you're gonna have a great time! And super thoughtful doing the charity donations instead of presents, nice touch.
  • Do you? Well thanks v much. I notice other Member’s posts are short n sweet, my posts tend to be long essays, just love writing." Ahem. I’ll try not to go on Anon
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Do you? Well thanks v much. I notice other Member’s posts are short n sweet, my posts tend to be long essays, just love writing." Ahem. I’ll try not to go on Anon
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • We love your long, newsy, funny posts Knitty! Don’t change!

WALT WHITMAN
  • We love your long, newsy, funny posts Knitty! Don’t change!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Luve ur pic, looks like my Judy cat after she has been chasing her tape measure toy thru her scrunchy tunnel. Haha, she is full of the joys of Summer, galloping inthe rooms, scratching the front door cos she want to go for a walk down the corridor t the other end. Quite a canny walk. Last week she wanted a walk 2am. So we went out Judy trotting in front of me.

We turned around back home, Judy must have been excited or deliriously happy cos she laid on the floor rolling over back n forth n dragging herself along with claws in carpet!
    I opened the fire door she was off like an arrow. I tried to get Judy inside but she would not come in. So I sat down on me walker calling her,? When she had enough she went into kitchen but must av sneaked out, I thought she had gone inside me bed so I got me recliner up n git me knitting out.

I heard the door handle going up n down thought, who the hell is that so late?
    Went on a few minutes. So I got gingerly opened the door, who should come trotting n. ...
    Judy the little minx had been jumping up door n pressing the handle to be let in she was meowing thought she was in flat. So she ran into kitchen ther water bowl.

Thirsty work all that trotging n jumping. Haha
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Luve ur pic, looks like my Judy cat after she has been chasing her tape measure toy thru her scrunchy tunnel. Haha, she is full of the joys of Summer, galloping inthe rooms, scratching the front door cos she want to go for a walk down the corridor t the other end. Quite a canny walk. Last week she wanted a walk 2am. So we went out Judy trotting in front of me.

We turned around back home, Judy must have been excited or deliriously happy cos she laid on the floor rolling over back n forth n dragging herself along with claws in carpet!
    I opened the fire door she was off like an arrow. I tried to get Judy inside but she would not come in. So I sat down on me walker calling her,? When she had enough she went into kitchen but must av sneaked out, I thought she had gone inside me bed so I got me recliner up n git me knitting out.

I heard the door handle going up n down thought, who the hell is that so late?
    Went on a few minutes. So I got gingerly opened the door, who should come trotting n. ...
    Judy the little minx had been jumping up door n pressing the handle to be let in she was meowing thought she was in flat. So she ran into kitchen ther water bowl.

Thirsty work all that trotging n jumping. Haha
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Day Birth belated Happy 4 yer Knit and sorry I did not respond sooner.
    I love Birthdays, I've got not kids (although wined up my friends) so its all about me and as long as it involves food and a glass of bubbly.

Not a lover of cats but offered to house sit for some friends who have these siamese pair.
    One was indifferent until the food arrived.
    The the other insisted on sitting on your lap, if I tried to stroked it or attempted to touch it would scratch and snarl.
    Dam liberty taker and control freak I would I say when we stared at each other with disdain.

Judy sounds like fun fun fun
  • Day Birth belated Happy 4 yer Knit and sorry I did not respond sooner.
    I love Birthdays, I've got not kids (although wined up my friends) so its all about me and as long as it involves food and a glass of bubbly.

Not a lover of cats but offered to house sit for some friends who have these siamese pair.
    The the other insisted on sitting on your lap, if I tried to stroked it or attempted to touch it would scratch and snarl.
    Dam liberty taker and control freak I would I say when we stared at each other with disdain.

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Love other peoples birthdays πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰, but my own I tend to keep nice and quiet, fuss free!

Yep it was quite a day. First I got in shower thinking to save time so my Care Manager could get me personal care n get me dressed in my rock skirt with nets underskirt n bobby socks, proper 50’s gear. My regular Carer had gone AWOL wanting 3 days off for FinLaw funeral n 3 days off for Eid. Her hubs came with a dodgy sick not for month Manager was furious, sez she is not sick just taking the mick, dropping her Clients like that. Mahfooz my Manager was doing 2 jobs at once, Carer calls and her own Client calls, so Carer came in and handed in Resignation, she got no reference, she didn’t care about her, her husband complained to Manager about unsocial hours S was working, so Mahfooz told him if she wants 9 - 5 job u had better find her an office job. With that he got a bit annoyed went of with dog on, in the huff. So I was a bit melancholy to start iff with but wot fun l8r on in day.

So I went t bed, got a special visit from CEO Boss, Maroof gave me a bright pink sparkly glittery card, then Mahfooz came gave me a card n donation, got me dressed cos I was in my er ....
    Birthday suit, LOLOLOLOL. Well we had a laff n cut a big chunk of B F Gateaux each I put Kashmiri songs on me iPad for them. I asked Maroof if she would do a bit of Bhangra moves, sez she didn’t know how. So I wriggled a bit with arms up n down crossing me legs like the Bollywood dancers do. She took a pic of me for Waheeda who used to be me Cleaner. She has since been promoted to Supervisor.

Waited a bit after they had gone, Linda my best fiend came she gave me some cream cakes, cards n present. I heated up the Spring rolls, we tucked in, I had me first huge pot of Lambrini, no effect but arms felt heavy. Lip smacking finger licking naughty ones Huge Choux cream cakes. So I put Sir Paul McCarney Egypt Station album on my iPad for us as we were knitting n chatting merrily away.

After 2 hrs chatting we got a bit horse, so we went in to kitchen
    I made us Bailey’s LattΓ© Macchiato coffees, then dived into B F Gateaux, huge slices, went back in Lounge n tucked in.

After this I went on Spotify got some Beatles albums n songs on we started trilling like budgies. Well by now I had 3 huge mugs of Lambrini, Linda didn’t fancy any so she took tother super cold huge bottle of Lambrini to enjoy at home.

Well I had some more Lambrini, 4 mugs was my limit, cos Care Manager came for bedtime call, my eyes were fuzzy cud not focus tottering on me feet. She sez to go t bed sleep it off. Boy I was proper kalied.

Linda gave me a pretty card with butterflies, she gave me a a card from Irene shaped like a handbag with sparkly butterflyies on too. one of the ladies at my Knit Aft club, so nice she still remembers me.

I found a message on my FB page timeline, suggesting I ask my friends to donate to Breast Cancer Care this year, instead of giving me cards n presents. Much as I like presents just thought I’d do some fundraising for the poorly patients in memory of my late good friend’s Karen n Ruth. Both talented in their ways but Ruth had a fantastic Colour sense, she had an Etsy shop with sales going thru roof, gagging for her fab colourful sock yarns. She sez I was one of her best customers. I asked her to dye up some merino n alpaca yarn in Honeysuckle coloyrs like my shrub in my garden. So she dyed up 12 skeins, thecoliyrs were soural n pooling in a mist pleading manner.

Poor lady had Fybrofog as well, then the breast cancer came back. After treatments she was v tired, Doc advised t shut her shop. After a year or so I could not find her anywhere online, or on Ravelry, phoned no answer. I assumed she must have passed on.

Karen used to be pally with me in Embroidery n Dressmaking classes at College. After a year or so her chemo was getting very painful hair fell out, her face n hands got red marks. We were all so sad she could not come fir another Term at College. She had some free gift kits from CrossStitcher mags asked the Students if we could stitch some up for the Crafts stall she had in Reception if the Cancer hospital to raise some funds for them.

I asked my ladies at Knit Aft to knit Chemo hats fir the patients. So I took loads up to the hospital in October, asked to see Karen n give the hats to her, the Reception lacy blurted out Karen is not here she died. Well I went white as a sheet big shock. So she took me to the Rele room gave me some tea, I was shaking. I miss them both they have no more pain now +Rest in Peace.

We all had a right good time, Linda was chatting about the Beatles songs, she sez there were lots of Paul n Linda videos on You Tube about their early days after he left the Beatles guys in 1970. He said it was end of an era, he had got married John was not keen on Linda coming to the studio for albums. So the happy couple just drove to the end of the road in the Hebrides. Pail still wanted to write songs and do jamming sessions in the Studio, he found some musicians Linda had a sweet voice, so like Angel wings, Wings his new group was formed.

All very well, but after me friend Linda went home I watched the 1st video of Paul n Linda, a wonderful end to a purrrrfect day, with another big mug of the sparly wine. Even Judy joined in the celebs by licking some cream off me finger. She was happy cos I gave her some Felix treats, got a few head butts n kisses. Ah she is easily pleased n so affectionate.

Next year who knows? I’m not having any more Lambrini its potent stuff.
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Love other peoples birthdays πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰, but my own I tend to keep nice and quiet, fuss free!

Yep it was quite a day. First I got in shower thinking to save time so my Care Manager could get me personal care n get me dressed in my rock skirt with nets underskirt n bobby socks, proper 50’s gear. My regular Carer had gone AWOL wanting 3 days off for FinLaw funeral n 3 days off for Eid. Her hubs came with a dodgy sick not for month Manager was furious, sez she is not sick just taking the mick, dropping her Clients like that. Mahfooz my Manager was doing 2 jobs at once, Carer calls and her own Client calls, so Carer came in and handed in Resignation, she got no reference, she didn’t care about her, her husband complained to Manager about unsocial hours S was working, so Mahfooz told him if she wants 9 - 5 job u had better find her an office job. With that he got a bit annoyed went of with dog on, in the huff. So I was a bit melancholy to start iff with but wot fun l8r on in day.

So I went t bed, got a special visit from CEO Boss, Maroof gave me a bright pink sparkly glittery card, then Mahfooz came gave me a card n donation, got me dressed cos I was in my er ....
    Birthday suit, LOLOLOLOL. Well we had a laff n cut a big chunk of B F Gateaux each I put Kashmiri songs on me iPad for them. I asked Maroof if she would do a bit of Bhangra moves, sez she didn’t know how. So I wriggled a bit with arms up n down crossing me legs like the Bollywood dancers do. She took a pic of me for Waheeda who used to be me Cleaner. She has since been promoted to Supervisor.

Waited a bit after they had gone, Linda my best fiend came she gave me some cream cakes, cards n present. I heated up the Spring rolls, we tucked in, I had me first huge pot of Lambrini, no effect but arms felt heavy. Lip smacking finger licking naughty ones Huge Choux cream cakes. So I put Sir Paul McCarney Egypt Station album on my iPad for us as we were knitting n chatting merrily away.

After 2 hrs chatting we got a bit horse, so we went in to kitchen
    I made us Bailey’s LattΓ© Macchiato coffees, then dived into B F Gateaux, huge slices, went back in Lounge n tucked in.

After this I went on Spotify got some Beatles albums n songs on we started trilling like budgies. Well by now I had 3 huge mugs of Lambrini, Linda didn’t fancy any so she took tother super cold huge bottle of Lambrini to enjoy at home.

Well I had some more Lambrini, 4 mugs was my limit, cos Care Manager came for bedtime call, my eyes were fuzzy cud not focus tottering on me feet. She sez to go t bed sleep it off. Boy I was proper kalied.

Linda gave me a pretty card with butterflies, she gave me a a card from Irene shaped like a handbag with sparkly butterflyies on too. one of the ladies at my Knit Aft club, so nice she still remembers me.

I found a message on my FB page timeline, suggesting I ask my friends to donate to Breast Cancer Care this year, instead of giving me cards n presents. Much as I like presents just thought I’d do some fundraising for the poorly patients in memory of my late good friend’s Karen n Ruth. Both talented in their ways but Ruth had a fantastic Colour sense, she had an Etsy shop with sales going thru roof, gagging for her fab colourful sock yarns. She sez I was one of her best customers. I asked her to dye up some merino n alpaca yarn in Honeysuckle coloyrs like my shrub in my garden. So she dyed up 12 skeins, thecoliyrs were soural n pooling in a mist pleading manner.

Poor lady had Fybrofog as well, then the breast cancer came back. After treatments she was v tired, Doc advised t shut her shop. After a year or so I could not find her anywhere online, or on Ravelry, phoned no answer. I assumed she must have passed on.

Karen used to be pally with me in Embroidery n Dressmaking classes at College. After a year or so her chemo was getting very painful hair fell out, her face n hands got red marks. We were all so sad she could not come fir another Term at College. She had some free gift kits from CrossStitcher mags asked the Students if we could stitch some up for the Crafts stall she had in Reception if the Cancer hospital to raise some funds for them.

I asked my ladies at Knit Aft to knit Chemo hats fir the patients. So I took loads up to the hospital in October, asked to see Karen n give the hats to her, the Reception lacy blurted out Karen is not here she died. Well I went white as a sheet big shock. So she took me to the Rele room gave me some tea, I was shaking. I miss them both they have no more pain now +Rest in Peace.

We all had a right good time, Linda was chatting about the Beatles songs, she sez there were lots of Paul n Linda videos on You Tube about their early days after he left the Beatles guys in 1970. He said it was end of an era, he had got married John was not keen on Linda coming to the studio for albums. So the happy couple just drove to the end of the road in the Hebrides. Pail still wanted to write songs and do jamming sessions in the Studio, he found some musicians Linda had a sweet voice, so like Angel wings, Wings his new group was formed.

All very well, but after me friend Linda went home I watched the 1st video of Paul n Linda, a wonderful end to a purrrrfect day, with another big mug of the sparly wine. Even Judy joined in the celebs by licking some cream off me finger. She was happy cos I gave her some Felix treats, got a few head butts n kisses. Ah she is easily pleased n so affectionate.

Next year who knows? I’m not having any more Lambrini its potent stuff.
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • hi strutty
    ​Repeat after me...the cat is my boss...the cat is my boss...the cat is my boss...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Day Birth belated Happy 4 yer Knit and sorry I did not respond sooner.

• hi strutty
    ​Repeat after me...the cat is my boss...the cat is my boss...the cat is my boss...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Day Birth belated Happy 4 yer Knit and sorry I did not respond sooner.

• Another great post knit! I'd give you 2 likes if I could!
    I thought Lambrini was a make of car....
  • Another great post knit! I'd give you 2 likes if I could!
    I thought Lambrini was a make of car....
  • Top (Boss) Cat

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  29.8 KB
    Last edited by Strutt G; 11-06-19 at 22:33.
  • Top (Boss) Cat

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  29.8 KB