• Estimates and actual meter readings

Each month I am asked for a meter reading, yet EVERY MONTH without fail PP have estimated my bill, this means I am now over £300 behind with my payments, How on earth am i going to ever get straight without incurring a massive hit to my bank account when i least expect it. I want to clear my account, increase my payments and have a proper reading for once, Is anyone else having these problems. My readings are high every month as I run a business from home and I use a large amount of electricity on computers, printers, cutters etc every day.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Each month I am asked for a meter reading, yet EVERY MONTH without fail PP have estimated my bill, this means I am now over £300 behind with my payments, How on earth am i going to ever get straight without incurring a massive hit to my bank account when i least expect it. I want to clear my account, increase my payments and have a proper reading for once, Is anyone else having these problems. My readings are high every month as I run a business from home and I use a large amount of electricity on computers, printers, cutters etc every day.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Sara
    as explained by others, but to add, can you check your statements to see if the readings you've submitted appear on the statement? They should appear in addition to the estimated readings.
    Any consumption between when you submit your reading and the statement date will of necessity be estimated, however if you submit readings a couple of days after you receive the email reminder your bill will be at it's most accurate.
    I suspect your situation, if you have been submitting readings, and they do appear on the statement, is that you are underpaying, and will need to increase the DD to suit.
    Check and post back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Paris View Post
    Each month I am asked for a meter reading, yet EVERY MONTH without fail PP have estimated my bill, this means I am now over £300 behind with my payments, How on earth am i going to ever get straight without incurring a massive hit to my bank account when i least expect it. I want to clear my account, increase my payments and have a proper reading for once, Is anyone else having these problems. My readings are high every month as I run a business from home and I use a large amount of electricity on computers, printers, cutters etc every day.
  • hi Sara
    as explained by others, but to add, can you check your statements to see if the readings you've submitted appear on the statement? They should appear in addition to the estimated readings.
    Any consumption between when you submit your reading and the statement date will of necessity be estimated, however if you submit readings a couple of days after you receive the email reminder your bill will be at it's most accurate.
    I suspect your situation, if you have been submitting readings, and they do appear on the statement, is that you are underpaying, and will need to increase the DD to suit.
    Check and post back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Paris View Post

• Hi Sara,
    First thing to remember, is that you can submit a meter reading almost every day if you wish via the App. If you do so it will give PP an "actual reading" which will literally correct the current "estimated" figure that they have.
    You should be receiving an email from PP requesting you to send the meter readings..... If you submit the readings on the specified date then you will not receive an estimated reading on your next statement.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Sara,
    First thing to remember, is that you can submit a meter reading almost every day if you wish via the App. If you do so it will give PP an "actual reading" which will literally correct the current "estimated" figure that they have.
    You should be receiving an email from PP requesting you to send the meter readings..... If you submit the readings on the specified date then you will not receive an estimated reading on your next statement.
    Gray4276

• Hi Sara
    depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.
  • Hi Sara
    depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.