• Urgent help required to reinstate electric

I wonder if anyone could help urgently.

I am a landlord and my occupants were with pure planet. They moved out this week and moved their electrric Supply to their new Adress. There is now no electric and I wonder if it could be switched back on?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I wonder if anyone could help urgently.

I am a landlord and my occupants were with pure planet. They moved out this week and moved their electrric Supply to their new Adress. There is now no electric and I wonder if it could be switched back on?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Nicolamac

You are talking here to Pure Planet customers, and I know others will add their comments.

I'm pretty sure your tenants couldn't have moved the account - it's the property that is supplied. So Pure Planet will still be supplying the property. Neither can they switch the supply on or off, so far as I know. My guess is that a master switch has been switched off, which should be possible to switch on again.

If that's right, then Pure Planet will continue supplying electricity until you or new tenants decide to switch supplier - but why would you?

If I'm wrong, someone will say so!

Stephen
    Last edited by stephenrand; 31-05-19 at 18:39.
  • Hi Nicolamac

You are talking here to Pure Planet customers, and I know others will add their comments.

I'm pretty sure your tenants couldn't have moved the account - it's the property that is supplied. So Pure Planet will still be supplying the property. Neither can they switch the supply on or off, so far as I know. My guess is that a master switch has been switched off, which should be possible to switch on again.

If that's right, then Pure Planet will continue supplying electricity until you or new tenants decide to switch supplier - but why would you?

If I'm wrong, someone will say so!

Stephen

• Urgent help required to reinstate electric

• I wonder if anyone could help urgently.

• I've replied to your other post. Same answer applies!
  • I've replied to your other post. Same answer applies!

• hi Nicolamac
    You can't take it (your supply) with you. When your tenants left the property under usual circumstances you would then be deemed responsible for any energy used from when they left (up to when a new tenant moves in).
    There would be no reason for your tenants to switch away before they left, although that's not saying that they haven't done so...maybe they thought it would make it easier for you? read on..
    If they have switched away (both unlikely and unnecessary) you will then be a deemed customer of whoever they've switched to AND you would also be a deemed customer of PP from when the tenancy ended up to when it switched into a new supplier if it has done.
    There are a lot of unknown unknowns here...
    So...
    If they have switched and the switch occurred before they left, you need have no dealings with PP as you will be with a new supplier.
    If the switch occurred after they left you'll have to settle with both suppliers.
    You may still be on supply with PP, if so my advice is to download the app and register, that is the easiest course of action (PP are app based only but it is possible to settle your bill without the app.

​To address your actual question:
    There are 3 possible reasons the electricity may be off (if it is off)
    1. You have a pre-pay meter at the property, unlikely as PP don't take on prepay meters, but if even they have done so in error, unless your tenants were only in for a very short period of time, the meter will have been changed to credit mode. So at this point it is reasonable to think it's not that. If it is that post back.
    2. Your tenants didn't want to be charged so they turned off the main switch on the consumer unit (fuseboard)
    3. Sabotage or a fault or the main fuse has ruptured (unlikely unless the tenants didn't like you..)
    Check at the main switch first and post back.

​If by chance you really are with PP and you have an emergency because the power really has been cut or the meter is prepay or has gone off, there is an emergency section in the app, but at this stage things are very unclear...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolamac View Post

Last edited by woz; 31-05-19 at 19:39.
  • hi Nicolamac
    You can't take it (your supply) with you. When your tenants left the property under usual circumstances you would then be deemed responsible for any energy used from when they left (up to when a new tenant moves in).
    There would be no reason for your tenants to switch away before they left, although that's not saying that they haven't done so...maybe they thought it would make it easier for you? read on..
    If they have switched away (both unlikely and unnecessary) you will then be a deemed customer of whoever they've switched to AND you would also be a deemed customer of PP from when the tenancy ended up to when it switched into a new supplier if it has done.
    There are a lot of unknown unknowns here...
    So...
    If they have switched and the switch occurred before they left, you need have no dealings with PP as you will be with a new supplier.
    If the switch occurred after they left you'll have to settle with both suppliers.
    You may still be on supply with PP, if so my advice is to download the app and register, that is the easiest course of action (PP are app based only but it is possible to settle your bill without the app.

​To address your actual question:
    There are 3 possible reasons the electricity may be off (if it is off)
    1. You have a pre-pay meter at the property, unlikely as PP don't take on prepay meters, but if even they have done so in error, unless your tenants were only in for a very short period of time, the meter will have been changed to credit mode. So at this point it is reasonable to think it's not that. If it is that post back.
    2. Your tenants didn't want to be charged so they turned off the main switch on the consumer unit (fuseboard)
    3. Sabotage or a fault or the main fuse has ruptured (unlikely unless the tenants didn't like you..)
    Check at the main switch first and post back.

​If by chance you really are with PP and you have an emergency because the power really has been cut or the meter is prepay or has gone off, there is an emergency section in the app, but at this stage things are very unclear...

• ditto long reply HERE

• ditto long reply HERE

• @ nicolamac
    ​Any update?
  • @ nicolamac
    ​Any update?