• EV drivers 'charging dangerously due to lack of public infrastructure'

A charity says that a lack of public charging points in the UK is leading to EV owners to use multiple extension leads at home.

The charity called Electrical Safety First says it carried out a survey of EV owners and three quarters of them admitted to using a 'daisy-chain' of electrical leads at home because they don't have a EV charger installed.

There's no doubt we could do with more public charging points, because not everyone has the luxury of a private driveway at home for an EV charger, or a public charging point near where they live or work.

Would you 'hack' your own EV charging point at home?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• A charity says that a lack of public charging points in the UK is leading to EV owners to use multiple extension leads at home.

The charity called Electrical Safety First says it carried out a survey of EV owners and three quarters of them admitted to using a 'daisy-chain' of electrical leads at home because they don't have a EV charger installed.

There's no doubt we could do with more public charging points, because not everyone has the luxury of a private driveway at home for an EV charger, or a public charging point near where they live or work.

Would you 'hack' your own EV charging point at home?

• The sheer scale of on street parking in the UK will prevent the wide-scale adoption of EVs until proper infrastructure measures are taken.

I’m just surprised that any effective charging can occur due to the losses daisy chaining must introduce.
  • The sheer scale of on street parking in the UK will prevent the wide-scale adoption of EVs until proper infrastructure measures are taken.

I’m just surprised that any effective charging can occur due to the losses daisy chaining must introduce.
  • Useful in the winter for melting the snow at the same time...
    Frightening...

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    The sheer scale of on street parking in the UK will prevent the wide-scale adoption of EVs until proper infrastructure measures are taken.

• Useful in the winter for melting the snow at the same time...
    Frightening...

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    The sheer scale of on street parking in the UK will prevent the wide-scale adoption of EVs until proper infrastructure measures are taken.

• Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

Good point @Lenny
    I suppose these owners try not to let the battery empty too much?

• Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

Good point @Lenny
    I suppose these owners try not to let the battery empty too much?