• inaccurate

online quote estimates under £1000 a year including standing charge but does not mention membership fee.
    ​account shows forecast of £1200 pa!
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • online quote estimates under £1000 a year including standing charge but does not mention membership fee.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello bush.
    The online quote of slightly less than £1000 per year is for a preset average use. Which all suppliers have to give using the same average figure to give people an easier way of comparing suppliers.
    Frankly how thwy work out this average is beyond all realms of reality but that the figure PP have to give.
    When you sign up for an acct and get a quote using actual usage figures then in your case it comes to £1200. Its not a con in any way shape or form just the crackpot old system that has to be followed.the £1200 quote will still be cheaper than most.
  • Hello bush.
    The online quote of slightly less than £1000 per year is for a preset average use. Which all suppliers have to give using the same average figure to give people an easier way of comparing suppliers.
    Frankly how thwy work out this average is beyond all realms of reality but that the figure PP have to give.
    When you sign up for an acct and get a quote using actual usage figures then in your case it comes to £1200. Its not a con in any way shape or form just the crackpot old system that has to be followed.the £1200 quote will still be cheaper than most.

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Bush View Post
    online quote estimates under £1000 a year including standing charge but does not mention membership fee.
    Hi @Bush
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    Can I ask, how long have you been on supply with PP?
    It's possible that your forecast has increased if you're using more energy than you were originally quoted for.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bush View Post
    Hi @Bush
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    Can I ask, how long have you been on supply with PP?
    It's possible that your forecast has increased if you're using more energy than you were originally quoted for.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Best Answer

hi Bush
    ​Welcome
    I believe quotes have to include a mandatory illustrative (and meaningless) section which shows you a typical estimate based on an Ofgem-prescribed average.
    Is it that you're referring to?

• hi Bush
    ​Welcome
    I believe quotes have to include a mandatory illustrative (and meaningless) section which shows you a typical estimate based on an Ofgem-prescribed average.
    Is it that you're referring to?

• Sorry to but in - the membership fee is what PP calls standing charge
  • Sorry to but in - the membership fee is what PP calls standing charge

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Sorry to but in -
    ​I think that should be your PP catch phrase Strutty 😂😂😂😂👍. Love it! It makes me LOL every time 😂😂😂😂🙃👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Sorry to but in -
    ​I think that should be your PP catch phrase Strutty 😂😂😂😂👍. Love it! It makes me LOL every time 😂😂😂😂🙃👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• eh...?
    I thought quotes included the membership fee?
    (or standing charge as otherwise known)
  • eh...?
    I thought quotes included the membership fee?
    (or standing charge as otherwise known)

• Stop it U two, my heads spinning and I'm trying to unwind my neck - Ha!
  • Stop it U two, my heads spinning and I'm trying to unwind my neck - Ha!

• Wasn’t that what happened in the Omen or was it the Exorcist...
    (Pure Planet have no connection with dark forces)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Stop it U two, my heads spinning and I'm trying to unwind my neck - Ha!
    Last edited by woz; 29-05-19 at 23:24.
  • Wasn’t that what happened in the Omen or was it the Exorcist...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Stop it U two, my heads spinning and I'm trying to unwind my neck - Ha!

The 'Membership Fee' is only £96 per year, and as several others have already pointed out, is in effect the 'Standing Charge' made by other suppliers.

Where has the other £100+ come from?

Online Estimate is just that, an 'Estimate'

The forecast is also an 'Estimate'

The difference is that:

The 'Online Estimate' is based on what you tell PP your usage is, or it works out from your house details.

The 'Forecast' is an estimate based on your last 'x' number of monthly bills/meter readings.

None of them are 'Accurate' as until you've actually used 365/6 days of Electricity/Gas no-one, not even you, knows exactly how much you will use.

I was able to put in a fairly accurate estimate for my usage when I joined, as my meter was installed a year ago.

Pure Planet's estimate of my usage for the next year is slightly higher.

Pure Planet's estimate of how much energy I should have used in my first month however, is nowhere near, estimate £57.94 - Actual £85.90 these things will balance out during the year.

To check your claim that it does not include the membership fee, I went on the website now, and got a quote.

The quote was £869

The 'See Your Tariff' tab gives this breakdown:

Your 12 month cost breakdown

Renewable electricity.

Membership

£8.00 x 12 months

£96.00

Electricity usage

5,414 kWh x 14.280p

£773.12

TOTAL per year

£869.12

All prices include VAT at 5%. Quote is void on any price changes.

Should I demand the 12 pence back?

The first thing the 'tariff' mentions is the membership fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Wasn’t that what happened in the Omen or was it the Exorcist...
    Linda Blair in the 'The Exorcist', and IIRC 'Repossessed'
    Last edited by Gwyndy; 29-05-19 at 23:53.

The 'Membership Fee' is only £96 per year, and as several others have already pointed out, is in effect the 'Standing Charge' made by other suppliers.

Where has the other £100+ come from?

Online Estimate is just that, an 'Estimate'

The forecast is also an 'Estimate'

The difference is that:

The 'Online Estimate' is based on what you tell PP your usage is, or it works out from your house details.

The 'Forecast' is an estimate based on your last 'x' number of monthly bills/meter readings.

None of them are 'Accurate' as until you've actually used 365/6 days of Electricity/Gas no-one, not even you, knows exactly how much you will use.

I was able to put in a fairly accurate estimate for my usage when I joined, as my meter was installed a year ago.

Pure Planet's estimate of my usage for the next year is slightly higher.

Pure Planet's estimate of how much energy I should have used in my first month however, is nowhere near, estimate £57.94 - Actual £85.90 these things will balance out during the year.

To check your claim that it does not include the membership fee, I went on the website now, and got a quote.

The quote was £869

The 'See Your Tariff' tab gives this breakdown:

Your 12 month cost breakdown

Renewable electricity.

Membership

£8.00 x 12 months

£96.00

Electricity usage

5,414 kWh x 14.280p

£773.12

TOTAL per year

£869.12

All prices include VAT at 5%. Quote is void on any price changes.

Should I demand the 12 pence back?

The first thing the 'tariff' mentions is the membership fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Wasn’t that what happened in the Omen or was it the Exorcist...

• For those who, like me, are ignorant of such things, the iircsome (sic) acronym IIRC does not in fact mean International Integrated Reporting Council, but "If I recall correctly" or "If I remember correctly".
    Sadly the concept is redundant since the internet remembers everything for you anyway...

I shall now wind my neck back in....

(The original message was once again too subtle for my own good, but I'm sure Imelda would have understood the reference to the Omen)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post

• For those who, like me, are ignorant of such things, the iircsome (sic) acronym IIRC does not in fact mean International Integrated Reporting Council, but "If I recall correctly" or "If I remember correctly".
    Sadly the concept is redundant since the internet remembers everything for you anyway...

I shall now wind my neck back in....

(The original message was once again too subtle for my own good, but I'm sure Imelda would have understood the reference to the Omen)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post