• What was the most amazing concert you ever attended?

For me it was the 1967 ‘Guitar-In’ at the Royal Festival Hall.

Opening act was Paco Pena, followed by Bert Jansch, Sebastian Jorgensen & Tim Walker.

Final act was The Jimi Hendrix Experience!

What an amazing selection of guitarists on the same bill, it's difficult to imagine such an eclectic programme being put on today?
  • For me it was the 1967 ‘Guitar-In’ at the Royal Festival Hall.

Opening act was Paco Pena, followed by Bert Jansch, Sebastian Jorgensen & Tim Walker.

Final act was The Jimi Hendrix Experience!

What an amazing selection of guitarists on the same bill, it's difficult to imagine such an eclectic programme being put on today?
  • Wow @Lenny to have seen Jimi Hendrix! Amazing.
    For me it has to be Beastie Boys at Wembley 199-something!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Wow @Lenny to have seen Jimi Hendrix! Amazing.
    For me it has to be Beastie Boys at Wembley 199-something!

• Madonna - Wembley - 1993 - The Girlie Show. Beyond superb 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Madonna - Wembley - 1993 - The Girlie Show. Beyond superb 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Marc re the BB's probably one of the best live hip hop artists, trying to remember when I went to see them, they come on a moveable platform. Great atmosphere and vibe.

But on another tip, the best concert I have ever seen was Bootsy Collins and his Rubber Band many years ago whilst the original Band was together and still alive. It was a late venue booking at a small club, so you was right up and close. The line up included the addition of Bernie Worrel on key boards with band member Razor Sharp, plus the Horny Horns who once played with James Brown along with Bootsy. I guess to many these names appear as a joke, they are funny and it's part of the P Funk Parliament Funkadelec camp set up by the genius of funky music called George Clinton who has influenced so many. Managed to cross over funk with rock on the earlier stuff.

Probably not your bag Lenny but a guitar player called Eddie Hazel.
    Wow being able to see Jimmy Hendrix, did you ever see that documentary on Jeff Beck...fascinating.

Another great artist Gil Scot Heron, sounded so great live x 2, what a voice, message and sad life.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 24-05-19 at 19:24.
  • Marc re the BB's probably one of the best live hip hop artists, trying to remember when I went to see them, they come on a moveable platform. Great atmosphere and vibe.

But on another tip, the best concert I have ever seen was Bootsy Collins and his Rubber Band many years ago whilst the original Band was together and still alive. It was a late venue booking at a small club, so you was right up and close. The line up included the addition of Bernie Worrel on key boards with band member Razor Sharp, plus the Horny Horns who once played with James Brown along with Bootsy. I guess to many these names appear as a joke, they are funny and it's part of the P Funk Parliament Funkadelec camp set up by the genius of funky music called George Clinton who has influenced so many. Managed to cross over funk with rock on the earlier stuff.

Probably not your bag Lenny but a guitar player called Eddie Hazel.
    Wow being able to see Jimmy Hendrix, did you ever see that documentary on Jeff Beck...fascinating.

Another great artist Gil Scot Heron, sounded so great live x 2, what a voice, message and sad life.
  • Madonna wembley stadium 1990 blond ambition tour.
    With almost any of various bruce springsteen concerts and the freddie murcury tribute as very close second places.
  • Madonna wembley stadium 1990 blond ambition tour.
    With almost any of various bruce springsteen concerts and the freddie murcury tribute as very close second places.
  • Prince - Lovesexy (2 consecutive nights, Aug’88) & Michael Jackson - Bad (July’88)
  • Prince - Lovesexy (2 consecutive nights, Aug’88) & Michael Jackson - Bad (July’88)
  • A close second was Led Zeppelin at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970.

You can catch it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohsUDR7otk
  • A close second was Led Zeppelin at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970.

You can catch it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohsUDR7otk
  • Hawkwind (remember “Silver Machine” 1973 ish) - the reason it’s top of my list is because it was my first concert. Hawkwind were one of the first bands to use laser lighting special effects - amazing experience 🎼🎼
  • Hawkwind (remember “Silver Machine” 1973 ish) - the reason it’s top of my list is because it was my first concert. Hawkwind were one of the first bands to use laser lighting special effects - amazing experience 🎼🎼
  • Green Day know how to put on a show - the first time I saw them at Sheffield Arena was excellent. And outdoor at Old Trafford Cricket ground was equally as good.

Thunder ALWAYS entertain and get the crowd involved too. I've been to see them many times - including several 'last tour' shows

But one of my favourites was Bon Jovi in 1995 at Sheffield Don Valley. Supported by the awful (but forever remembered by us) Crown of Thorns and then Thunder and Val Halen. It was a boiling hot summers day.
  • Green Day know how to put on a show - the first time I saw them at Sheffield Arena was excellent. And outdoor at Old Trafford Cricket ground was equally as good.

Thunder ALWAYS entertain and get the crowd involved too. I've been to see them many times - including several 'last tour' shows

But one of my favourites was Bon Jovi in 1995 at Sheffield Don Valley. Supported by the awful (but forever remembered by us) Crown of Thorns and then Thunder and Val Halen. It was a boiling hot summers day.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Marc re the BB's probably one of the best live hip hop artists, trying to remember when I went to see them, they come on a moveable platform. Great atmosphere and vibe.
    Yep. I also saw them do an accoustic set at Glastonbury. On a tiny stage, in a random field, in the middle of the afternoon. MCA had his double bass. It was almost as good as their full-on Wembley Arena gig

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Marc re the BB's probably one of the best live hip hop artists, trying to remember when I went to see them, they come on a moveable platform. Great atmosphere and vibe.
    Yep. I also saw them do an accoustic set at Glastonbury. On a tiny stage, in a random field, in the middle of the afternoon. MCA had his double bass. It was almost as good as their full-on Wembley Arena gig

• I think mine would have to be Mark Knopfler at the Royal Albert Hall...

stage full of amazing musicians, 100% focused on the music - and they played my all-time fav Speedway at Nazareth.

Quote Originally Posted by David j View Post
    Hawkwind (remember “Silver Machine” 1973 ish) - the reason it’s top of my list is because it was my first concert. Hawkwind were one of the first bands to use laser lighting special effects - amazing experience ������������
    Hawkwind are touring this year actually! Was looking at them the other day
  • I think mine would have to be Mark Knopfler at the Royal Albert Hall...

stage full of amazing musicians, 100% focused on the music - and they played my all-time fav Speedway at Nazareth.

Quote Originally Posted by David j View Post
    Hawkwind (remember “Silver Machine” 1973 ish) - the reason it’s top of my list is because it was my first concert. Hawkwind were one of the first bands to use laser lighting special effects - amazing experience ������������
    Hawkwind are touring this year actually! Was looking at them the other day
  • Wow David - Hawkwind - "wild"

I sold my record collection when I was 16 after building up lots of pop and progressive rock - what a fool!
    I repurchased a live album by King Crimson (Earthbound) with the live version 21st Century Schizoid Man a few years ago because it was stuck in my mind. The track is now a background to an advert on the box and to my surprise the backing and sample track for Kanye West (no fan) appeared at Glastonbury a few years ago.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 29-05-19 at 14:11.
  • Wow David - Hawkwind - "wild"

I sold my record collection when I was 16 after building up lots of pop and progressive rock - what a fool!
    I repurchased a live album by King Crimson (Earthbound) with the live version 21st Century Schizoid Man a few years ago because it was stuck in my mind. The track is now a background to an advert on the box and to my surprise the backing and sample track for Kanye West (no fan) appeared at Glastonbury a few years ago.