• Smart meter installation and meter readings

Hi all,
    A question for all those that have had smart meters installed.

I have an appointment for installation on the 28th, which is the date my app asks for a meter reading. I understand that the installer will note the readings, but if I give the readings on that date, PP will estimate readings for the following three days for a meter that will no longer exist.
    What did/would you do in similar circumstances.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all,

I have an appointment for installation on the 28th, which is the date my app asks for a meter reading. I understand that the installer will note the readings, but if I give the readings on that date, PP will estimate readings for the following three days for a meter that will no longer exist.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Duppy
    I'd ask the installer for the final reading and send that, and to cover things I'd send the team a message to confirm the final readig and the new meter serial no. I'll take weeks before it's corrected and the meter database is updated anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi all,

• hi Duppy
    I'd ask the installer for the final reading and send that, and to cover things I'd send the team a message to confirm the final readig and the new meter serial no. I'll take weeks before it's corrected and the meter database is updated anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi all,

• Hi .
    I would be inclined to give a reading anyway due or not just to reduce the human error factor. Yes the next statement may appear to off but the next one after that will correct the wrong estimates charged.
  • Hi .
    I would be inclined to give a reading anyway due or not just to reduce the human error factor. Yes the next statement may appear to off but the next one after that will correct the wrong estimates charged.