• Smart meters

I took part in the roll out of 2nd generation smart meters and had them installed several weeks ago.This was only after the company switched the install dates 3 times! When the installer seemed to be having problems activating them he told me that PP would have to initiate activation of the meters then left.I have tried 3 times to get PP to do this but have had no replies whatsoever.Now I get a request for meter readings! The whole point of getting them installed was so I no longer needed to do this because the meters were in awkward locations for manual readings.I have tried phoning the installing co. But the line rings out. The whole process has been shambolic and has resulted in a great deal of frustration and inconvenience for me.Can you PLEASE get this sorted PP? It feels like I am dealing with a Mickey Mouse operation frankly.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I took part in the roll out of 2nd generation smart meters and had them installed several weeks ago.This was only after the company switched the install dates 3 times! When the installer seemed to be having problems activating them he told me that PP would have to initiate activation of the meters then left.I have tried 3 times to get PP to do this but have had no replies whatsoever.Now I get a request for meter readings! The whole point of getting them installed was so I no longer needed to do this because the meters were in awkward locations for manual readings.I have tried phoning the installing co. But the line rings out. The whole process has been shambolic and has resulted in a great deal of frustration and inconvenience for me.Can you PLEASE get this sorted PP? It feels like I am dealing with a Mickey Mouse operation frankly.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Tspalding48 View Post
    I took part in the roll out of 2nd generation smart meters and had them installed several weeks ago.This was only after the company switched the install dates 3 times! When the installer seemed to be having problems activating them he told me that PP would have to initiate activation of the meters then left.I have tried 3 times to get PP to do this but have had no replies whatsoever.Now I get a request for meter readings! The whole point of getting them installed was so I no longer needed to do this because the meters were in awkward locations for manual readings.
    Hi @Tspalding48
    Sorry to hear of these frustrations you’re having.
    As you know, we’re currently in our SMETS2 pilot phase. This is why we asked community members to help us test getting our first SMETS2 meters installed.
    As I talked about in my April smart meters update, it’s a complex process, but we’ve got dozens installed and sending us readings.
    With some Members we’re working on different challenges related to lots of different moving parts - hardware, signal connectivity, firmware to keep all the hardware running, and not least all the software which runs on it.
    I’m going to flag up your concerns with our Member services team, so they can look into the activation issue.
    Re meter readings. Right now, as we’re still in the pilot phase, it’s taking longer than it should for smart meter readings to appear in your app. You’ll also not get a monthly statement for the time being. That’s why you’ll have been asked for a reading.
    Thanks for your patience
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Tspalding48 View Post
    I took part in the roll out of 2nd generation smart meters and had them installed several weeks ago.This was only after the company switched the install dates 3 times! When the installer seemed to be having problems activating them he told me that PP would have to initiate activation of the meters then left.I have tried 3 times to get PP to do this but have had no replies whatsoever.Now I get a request for meter readings! The whole point of getting them installed was so I no longer needed to do this because the meters were in awkward locations for manual readings.
    Hi @Tspalding48
    Sorry to hear of these frustrations you’re having.
    As you know, we’re currently in our SMETS2 pilot phase. This is why we asked community members to help us test getting our first SMETS2 meters installed.
    As I talked about in my April smart meters update, it’s a complex process, but we’ve got dozens installed and sending us readings.
    With some Members we’re working on different challenges related to lots of different moving parts - hardware, signal connectivity, firmware to keep all the hardware running, and not least all the software which runs on it.
    I’m going to flag up your concerns with our Member services team, so they can look into the activation issue.
    Re meter readings. Right now, as we’re still in the pilot phase, it’s taking longer than it should for smart meter readings to appear in your app. You’ll also not get a monthly statement for the time being. That’s why you’ll have been asked for a reading.
    Thanks for your patience
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi, you're talking to other customers on this forum.
    You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right,
    then click on help, then ask Wattbot, and type in 'message the team', press enter,
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.
  • Hi, you're talking to other customers on this forum.
    You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.
    if you go to the app and click on the 3 lines at the top right,
    then click on help, then ask Wattbot, and type in 'message the team', press enter,
    then you can send them your message. Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will.