• App Version 7.19.1

Hello. My android device is running 5.1.1 but the app presents me with the notification page informing that Android 4 is no longer supported

Whatever detection system used by the app is misreporting the OS version or isn't actually using the system-reported OS for that detection

Can anyone from the technical team shed any light?

Many thanks
  • Hello. My android device is running 5.1.1 but the app presents me with the notification page informing that Android 4 is no longer supported

Whatever detection system used by the app is misreporting the OS version or isn't actually using the system-reported OS for that detection

Many thanks

• This may be a bug in the latest app but your phone let you install PP in the first place.
    Was your phone originally on V4.x?
    If You're brave enough I'd be inclined to delete the app, reset your phone and see if you can re-install.
    The problem is if it is a bug in the app you might get stuck at that point....
    I'm sure the techies will pick this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by plants View Post
    Hello. My android device is running 5.1.1 but the app presents me with the notification page informing that Android 4 is no longer supported

Many thanks
  • This may be a bug in the latest app but your phone let you install PP in the first place.
    Was your phone originally on V4.x?
    If You're brave enough I'd be inclined to delete the app, reset your phone and see if you can re-install.
    The problem is if it is a bug in the app you might get stuck at that point....
    I'm sure the techies will pick this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by plants View Post

Many thanks

• Hey @plants

Good advice from @woz - have you been able to successfully get into your app?
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hey @plants

Good advice from @woz - have you been able to successfully get into your app?
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!