• Issue with switch

Hi

Following a referral from a friend, I put a request in to switch to Pure Planet from my current provider (EDF) on 1 May.

On 10 May, EDF acknowledged I was leaving, sending me a letter. On 15 May, Pure Planet email saying that everything is going as planned on the switch. On 16 May, Pure Planet tells me that there's an issue with my switch and that my current provider, EDF, are blocking my switch.

I contacted EDF to ask them what the issue was, but they said there was no issue on their end and that they had acknowledged I was leaving. They suggested I speak to Pure Planet.

I'm a bit unsure what to do now so would appreciate any help...

Thanks
    J
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi

Following a referral from a friend, I put a request in to switch to Pure Planet from my current provider (EDF) on 1 May.

On 10 May, EDF acknowledged I was leaving, sending me a letter. On 15 May, Pure Planet email saying that everything is going as planned on the switch. On 16 May, Pure Planet tells me that there's an issue with my switch and that my current provider, EDF, are blocking my switch.

I contacted EDF to ask them what the issue was, but they said there was no issue on their end and that they had acknowledged I was leaving. They suggested I speak to Pure Planet.

I'm a bit unsure what to do now so would appreciate any help...

Thanks
    J
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi jellybeans
    this message may be picked up by admin anway, but as it's account specific go to help in the app, wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them there. You should get a reply in a day or 2.
    It may well be that the switch is now going ahead but they will confirm it.
    I don't understand what's happened here, there are rigid protocols for this so if edf haven't blocked you it should have just worked.

​What does the app say now?
  • hi jellybeans
    this message may be picked up by admin anway, but as it's account specific go to help in the app, wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them there. You should get a reply in a day or 2.
    It may well be that the switch is now going ahead but they will confirm it.
    I don't understand what's happened here, there are rigid protocols for this so if edf haven't blocked you it should have just worked.

​What does the app say now?

• Thanks Woz! I've contacted the team (I was trying to do so for ages with Wattbot - couldn't figure it out!). The message has been sent to the team apparently. Fingers crossed that the switch is still going ahead - I don't want to have to wait another few weeks to switch!

• Thanks Woz! I've contacted the team (I was trying to do so for ages with Wattbot - couldn't figure it out!). The message has been sent to the team apparently. Fingers crossed that the switch is still going ahead - I don't want to have to wait another few weeks to switch!