Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• PurePlanet Charges Incorrectly

Hi,

I am living in 1 bedroom flat. During register process to Pure Planet, estimated electricity usage shown as “£50” for winter period. But I am paying way more than that which I am sure is caused by incorrect billing.

My bills for February and March is £149.44 and £109.75

Last bill (April) came up as £240.32!

I am sure that there is no way my electricity usage costs £240.32 for April. This is one bedroom flat and I even did not run the heater on April.

As you can imagine there is no way to use £240.32 worth of electricity on April for one bedroom flat.

I already sent the meter readings, please solve this problem ASAP and credit me correctly.

Best regards.
  • Hi,

I am living in 1 bedroom flat. During register process to Pure Planet, estimated electricity usage shown as “£50” for winter period. But I am paying way more than that which I am sure is caused by incorrect billing.

I am sure that there is no way my electricity usage costs £240.32 for April. This is one bedroom flat and I even did not run the heater on April.

As you can imagine there is no way to use £240.32 worth of electricity on April for one bedroom flat.

I already sent the meter readings, please solve this problem ASAP and credit me correctly.

Best regards.

• Hello lke.
    Without seeing the statement it hard to give an actual answer.
    But things to cheque are actual readings v reading on statement.
    Double check you have given the coreect readings.
  • Hello lke.
    Without seeing the statement it hard to give an actual answer.
    But things to cheque are actual readings v reading on statement.
    Double check you have given the coreect readings.

• Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Hi,

Best regards.
    Hi Ike
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet. So no-one here can see your meter readings, or knows what they are.
    The reality is that the problem is more likely to be the meter readings than incorrect billing.
    You can post your last four meter readings here, and people will add their comments, but it might be best to contact Pure Planet by opening the app, click on the three little bars top right, choose Help then Wattbot and put'message the team'in the subject line, then explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within two working days.
    Hope that helps to get you started - and Jon1 is absolutely right - check that the meter readings you sent in are shown correctly on the statement (you might find a day or two have been estimated to keep to your monthly billing date)
    Stephen
    Hi,

Best regards.
    Hi Ike
    As this is your first post, welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are talking to your fellow customers, not directly to Pure Planet. So no-one here can see your meter readings, or knows what they are.
    The reality is that the problem is more likely to be the meter readings than incorrect billing.
    You can post your last four meter readings here, and people will add their comments, but it might be best to contact Pure Planet by opening the app, click on the three little bars top right, choose Help then Wattbot and put'message the team'in the subject line, then explain the problem. They promise to get back to you within two working days.
    Hope that helps to get you started - and Jon1 is absolutely right - check that the meter readings you sent in are shown correctly on the statement (you might find a day or two have been estimated to keep to your monthly billing date)
    Stephen

• Hi @Ike
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    Nice one to other Members for being so welcoming and helpful

I've just flagged this with our Member services team and they've already picked up your chat via WattBot and they've sent you an email.
    The monthly Direct Debit is based on your predicted annual energy usage you supplied in your quote.
    To be sure we've been given the correct meter details, the team have asked you to confirm your meter serial number. All you have to do is reply to that email with the info and they'll check it out
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Ike
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    Nice one to other Members for being so welcoming and helpful

I've just flagged this with our Member services team and they've already picked up your chat via WattBot and they've sent you an email.
    The monthly Direct Debit is based on your predicted annual energy usage you supplied in your quote.
    To be sure we've been given the correct meter details, the team have asked you to confirm your meter serial number. All you have to do is reply to that email with the info and they'll check it out
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Meter-readings
    26403 on 14 April
    27232 on 20 May

Tariff 12.5p/kWh so it must be 829 x 0.125 = £103.62

But bill came up as £240 for 13 April - 12 May

How???

check out my bill below

Name:  88C2C0D2-2D0B-434E-A696-02D1BE3CF8B9.png
Views: 131
Size:  244.6 KB
  • Meter-readings
    26403 on 14 April
    27232 on 20 May

But bill came up as £240 for 13 April - 12 May

How???

check out my bill below

Name:  88C2C0D2-2D0B-434E-A696-02D1BE3CF8B9.png
Views: 131
Size:  244.6 KB

• hi ike
    you need to look at the previous bill, presumably you’ve only been charged for units up to 25419 previously so you haven’t yet been charged for the units from 25419 to the first reading.
    Is this your first statement from pp, and if it is have you had the final statement from your previous supplier?
    You should have blanked out the meter number as it’s specific to you.
    Last edited by woz; 21-05-19 at 15:03.
  • hi ike
    you need to look at the previous bill, presumably you’ve only been charged for units up to 25419 previously so you haven’t yet been charged for the units from 25419 to the first reading.
    Is this your first statement from pp, and if it is have you had the final statement from your previous supplier?
    You should have blanked out the meter number as it’s specific to you.

• No it is not my first statement from PP and I still havent got any satisfying answer from them. I do the math but dont know where am I wrong.
  • No it is not my first statement from PP and I still havent got any satisfying answer from them. I do the math but dont know where am I wrong.

No it is not my first statement from PP and I still havent got any satisfying answer from them. I do the math but dont know where am I wrong.
    Hi Ike
    Marc has posted below that you have been emailed by Pure Planet asking for confirmation of your meter serial number - did you get that email ok and reply?
    Hopefully that might help you make some progress?
    Stephen
    No it is not my first statement from PP and I still havent got any satisfying answer from them. I do the math but dont know where am I wrong.
    Hi Ike
    Marc has posted below that you have been emailed by Pure Planet asking for confirmation of your meter serial number - did you get that email ok and reply?
    Hopefully that might help you make some progress?
    Stephen

• As woz said, it looks like your last bill was calculated using an estimated reading of 25419.3, just as this bill uses an estimated reading of 27189.9.

That's why the bill is for 1770.6 units.

You should check the last bill, make sure 25419.3 appeared as the last reading.
  • As woz said, it looks like your last bill was calculated using an estimated reading of 25419.3, just as this bill uses an estimated reading of 27189.9.

That's why the bill is for 1770.6 units.

You should check the last bill, make sure 25419.3 appeared as the last reading.

• Yes I replied back already. It is not the serial number, it is incorrect billing obviously. Still waiting for solution, nothing happened yet.
  • Yes I replied back already. It is not the serial number, it is incorrect billing obviously. Still waiting for solution, nothing happened yet.

Yes I replied back already. It is not the serial number, it is incorrect billing obviously. Still waiting for solution, nothing happened yet.
    The billing is correct based on the meter readings you are providing. But the consumption is high. Are you sure the meter you are reading is the one for your flat?
    Yes I replied back already. It is not the serial number, it is incorrect billing obviously. Still waiting for solution, nothing happened yet.
    The billing is correct based on the meter readings you are providing. But the consumption is high. Are you sure the meter you are reading is the one for your flat?

• Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    Hello talldave, can you tell me where am i doing wrong? I guess billing is incorrect.

Meter-readings
    26403 on 14 April
    27232 on 20 May

But bill came up as £240 for 13 April - 12 May.

tell me the right calculation please.

thanks for your help

• Quote Originally Posted by talldave View Post
    Hello talldave, can you tell me where am i doing wrong? I guess billing is incorrect.

Meter-readings
    26403 on 14 April
    27232 on 20 May

But bill came up as £240 for 13 April - 12 May.

tell me the right calculation please.

thanks for your help

• Hi and sorry to but in Ike,

Your Bill readings (your statement) was based from OPENING estimated reading from 13th April until the estimated CLOSING reading on 13th May. This period was for 30 days.

1770 units used @ 12.5 £222.25 or with vat included @232.31 plus membership fee with vat included £8 = £240.31

Your next Statement will use previous estimated closing reading 13th May as your OPENING reading.
    The next CLOSING reading will be based on your next submission that may be estimated by PP based on your input timing. The Closing reading will be on the 13th June.

You get a prompt from PP to send readings 3 days before your statement date which is great and reminds us so our accounts remain on track. We can send readings frequently, many members send theirs on their statement date (joining anniversary) so that their statements are not estimated when its emailed the next day.

3 days of estimations is only a few pence and works out month to month etc, but if If I was you I would be sending weekly readings. This will allow you to asses the energy you are using plus assimilating all the great and valid advice you have been receiving in these posts.

Good luck, hope you get to understand how and where your energy is being consumed.

​Look out for more feed back
    Last edited by Strutt G; 26-05-19 at 10:47.
  • Hi and sorry to but in Ike,

Your Bill readings (your statement) was based from OPENING estimated reading from 13th April until the estimated CLOSING reading on 13th May. This period was for 30 days.

1770 units used @ 12.5 £222.25 or with vat included @232.31 plus membership fee with vat included £8 = £240.31

Your next Statement will use previous estimated closing reading 13th May as your OPENING reading.
    The next CLOSING reading will be based on your next submission that may be estimated by PP based on your input timing. The Closing reading will be on the 13th June.

You get a prompt from PP to send readings 3 days before your statement date which is great and reminds us so our accounts remain on track. We can send readings frequently, many members send theirs on their statement date (joining anniversary) so that their statements are not estimated when its emailed the next day.

3 days of estimations is only a few pence and works out month to month etc, but if If I was you I would be sending weekly readings. This will allow you to asses the energy you are using plus assimilating all the great and valid advice you have been receiving in these posts.

Good luck, hope you get to understand how and where your energy is being consumed.

​Look out for more feed back

• Hello lke.
    Would it be poss to list all readings from your usage page of the app, im wondering as the 13th april estimate reading is the rogue figure on statement shown.
    Also you could try turning everything off and i mean everything, nothing on standby or central heating timers etc. Leave main fuse box on. Reason being 800kwh for a month seems quite high to me. With all on check meter has stopped and not showing usage. Maybe someone os robbing your leccy of something is faulty.
  • Hello lke.
    Would it be poss to list all readings from your usage page of the app, im wondering as the 13th april estimate reading is the rogue figure on statement shown.
    Also you could try turning everything off and i mean everything, nothing on standby or central heating timers etc. Leave main fuse box on. Reason being 800kwh for a month seems quite high to me. With all on check meter has stopped and not showing usage. Maybe someone os robbing your leccy of something is faulty.

• PurePlanet did not reply my last mail yet, it has been 3 days now. They insist to not explain how come my bill for May came up as “£240” but I am not paying that till I get a satisfying answer.

my usage below: (tariff: 12.5p/kWh)

Name:  324303E3-8438-4019-AA04-47EA33191FF6.png
Views: 84
Size:  167.5 KB
  • PurePlanet did not reply my last mail yet, it has been 3 days now. They insist to not explain how come my bill for May came up as “£240” but I am not paying that till I get a satisfying answer.

my usage below: (tariff: 12.5p/kWh)

Name:  324303E3-8438-4019-AA04-47EA33191FF6.png
Views: 84
Size:  167.5 KB

• "PurePlanet did not reply my last mail yet, it has been 3 days now." Are two of those three days a Saturday and Sunday?

"bill for May came up as “£240” but I am not paying that till I get a satisfying answer." Presumably you are paying by monthly direct debit like everyone else? Or are you planning to cancel your direct debit? Bear in mind that if you do that you will be in effect ending your contract...

Your March-April readings indicate an average of around 50 per day. Your April-May readings are nearer half that. It was quite a chilly March, I think? But I think this is the point: Pure Planet will produce their statements on the basis of your readings - you can only accuse them of incorrect billing if they get the maths wrong. It's not their job to try and guess why you are using more or less energy. Your usage does seem high, so it certainly seems worth following up on the various methods of checking mentioned by others in this thread.
    Stephen
  • "PurePlanet did not reply my last mail yet, it has been 3 days now." Are two of those three days a Saturday and Sunday?

"bill for May came up as “£240” but I am not paying that till I get a satisfying answer." Presumably you are paying by monthly direct debit like everyone else? Or are you planning to cancel your direct debit? Bear in mind that if you do that you will be in effect ending your contract...

Your March-April readings indicate an average of around 50 per day. Your April-May readings are nearer half that. It was quite a chilly March, I think? But I think this is the point: Pure Planet will produce their statements on the basis of your readings - you can only accuse them of incorrect billing if they get the maths wrong. It's not their job to try and guess why you are using more or less energy. Your usage does seem high, so it certainly seems worth following up on the various methods of checking mentioned by others in this thread.
    Stephen

• Morning lke.
    Looking at the readings your april statement was estimated at a very low figure. Almost 1000 kwh lower that it actually should of been. So when you sent an actual resding on 14th april it has adjusted for tha low estimate on the 13th april.
    The net result of this is a very high statement charge on your may statement. Giving actual reading more often will help prevent this happening again, i realise its not always possible to give readings on a regular basis but it helps.
    The important things is your account balance and payments. What is your acct balance and what is your monthly DD payment?
    Also note your statement is produced on the 13th of each month, your inital calculations are done by readings you have supplied. Sadly it does not work like that the best solution is to give actual readings on the 13th of every month
    Last edited by Jon1; 26-05-19 at 08:19.
  • Morning lke.
    Looking at the readings your april statement was estimated at a very low figure. Almost 1000 kwh lower that it actually should of been. So when you sent an actual resding on 14th april it has adjusted for tha low estimate on the 13th april.
    The net result of this is a very high statement charge on your may statement. Giving actual reading more often will help prevent this happening again, i realise its not always possible to give readings on a regular basis but it helps.
    The important things is your account balance and payments. What is your acct balance and what is your monthly DD payment?
    Also note your statement is produced on the 13th of each month, your inital calculations are done by readings you have supplied. Sadly it does not work like that the best solution is to give actual readings on the 13th of every month

• hi Ike
    looking at "actual" readings

5/3/19 to 22/05/19 24456 to 27246

Days march=26, Apr=30, May = 22 total 78 days

Total used =2790 (very high!)
    Average per day approx 35.7kWh !!
    ridiculously high for a one bed flat
    yet
    14/4 to 20/5= 36 days you used 27232-27232=829
    Average per day approx 23 kWh
    still very high...but this is SUPPOSEDLY actual readings

and finally
    the two days, 20th to 22nd (not very accurate unless both readings were taken at around the same time, 14kWh in 2 days, that seems much more sensible

There are a few possibilities here, either your heating is consuming monumental amounts of energy, or your meter readings are or were wrong for the start reading (or it's not your meter?) or you're paying for someone else's energy...

IKe, I suggest you start logging daily readings. I wonder if you're paying for some of the energy consumed in the other flats?
    Is the meter actually in your flat?

One other possibility that occurred to me, there could be a decimal point before the last figure, so the real readings start at 2392 and end at 2724 = 332 units over 83 days = 4kWh a day, low but possible?
    Your estimated amount is about 9kWh a day so something is amiss.

Can you post a photo of the meter with a reading on it? (obscure the serial if possible)

As to the title of your post, PP have charged you according to the information they currently have, if the info is wrong (I'm not saying it is) then the charges will be wrong.
  • hi Ike
    looking at "actual" readings

5/3/19 to 22/05/19 24456 to 27246

Days march=26, Apr=30, May = 22 total 78 days

Total used =2790 (very high!)
    Average per day approx 35.7kWh !!
    ridiculously high for a one bed flat
    yet
    14/4 to 20/5= 36 days you used 27232-27232=829
    Average per day approx 23 kWh
    still very high...but this is SUPPOSEDLY actual readings

and finally
    the two days, 20th to 22nd (not very accurate unless both readings were taken at around the same time, 14kWh in 2 days, that seems much more sensible

There are a few possibilities here, either your heating is consuming monumental amounts of energy, or your meter readings are or were wrong for the start reading (or it's not your meter?) or you're paying for someone else's energy...

IKe, I suggest you start logging daily readings. I wonder if you're paying for some of the energy consumed in the other flats?
    Is the meter actually in your flat?

One other possibility that occurred to me, there could be a decimal point before the last figure, so the real readings start at 2392 and end at 2724 = 332 units over 83 days = 4kWh a day, low but possible?
    Your estimated amount is about 9kWh a day so something is amiss.

Can you post a photo of the meter with a reading on it? (obscure the serial if possible)

As to the title of your post, PP have charged you according to the information they currently have, if the info is wrong (I'm not saying it is) then the charges will be wrong.