• Big bill

hello, this is my bill. On April 16, I joined Pure Planet. They asked me to send me the meter, so I sent (10031 kWh). After a month, they asked me again to send the meter status. On 13 May I sent again (11057 kWh). according to the meter, I used 1026 kWh, why my bill is that big ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • hello, this is my bill. On April 16, I joined Pure Planet. They asked me to send me the meter, so I sent (10031 kWh). After a month, they asked me again to send the meter status. On 13 May I sent again (11057 kWh). according to the meter, I used 1026 kWh, why my bill is that big ?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

I sent the wrong numbers, I should send m3 and not kwh, I did not know
  • I sent the wrong numbers, I should send m3 and not kwh, I did not know

• Hi Michaju98,
    Welcome to the Community forum for PP members.
    There is definitely something wrong with the information that you have supplied...... you have stated that you supplied a reading of kWh...... this is not a meter reading. Your meter reading should be sent as m3 or cubic ft. The calculations that are then applied to the supplied reading will be converted to kWh by PP.
    It looks like the readings that you have sent are incorrect..... your reading should be read up to the decimal point...... possibly you have included the figures following the decimal point, which will totally skew the calculations, and result in wildly inaccurate results.
    Last edited by Gray4276; 20-05-19 at 16:53. Reason: Spelling
    Gray4276
  • Hi Michaju98,
    Welcome to the Community forum for PP members.
    There is definitely something wrong with the information that you have supplied...... you have stated that you supplied a reading of kWh...... this is not a meter reading. Your meter reading should be sent as m3 or cubic ft. The calculations that are then applied to the supplied reading will be converted to kWh by PP.
    It looks like the readings that you have sent are incorrect..... your reading should be read up to the decimal point...... possibly you have included the figures following the decimal point, which will totally skew the calculations, and result in wildly inaccurate results.
    Gray4276

• ​okay, how can I fix it? because I have no idea what to do? as to measure the state of the meter I did it exactly as with the manual. What can I do in this situation?
  • ​okay, how can I fix it? because I have no idea what to do? as to measure the state of the meter I did it exactly as with the manual. What can I do in this situation?

• Quote Originally Posted by Michaju98 View Post
    ​okay, how can I fix it? because I have no idea what to do? as to measure the state of the meter I did it exactly as with the manual. What can I do in this situation?
    If you can take a photo of the meter reading and show it here, we would be able to test Gray4276's theory.
    Do you also mind telling us what your direct debit was when you started on 16 April?
    We'll all do our best to help sort it out.
    Stephen
    ​okay, how can I fix it? because I have no idea what to do? as to measure the state of the meter I did it exactly as with the manual. What can I do in this situation?
    If you can take a photo of the meter reading and show it here, we would be able to test Gray4276's theory.
    Do you also mind telling us what your direct debit was when you started on 16 April?
    We'll all do our best to help sort it out.
    Stephen

• They calculated my £ 65 monthly, I paid £ 65 on April 16 and on May 16
  • They calculated my £ 65 monthly, I paid £ 65 on April 16 and on May 16

• Hi
    Yes indeed it would appear that the wrong reading is being used. You will need to use wattbot to contact the team so they can sort the problem. Dont worry it happens, they will reset your readings and issue a new bill.
  • Hi
    Yes indeed it would appear that the wrong reading is being used. You will need to use wattbot to contact the team so they can sort the problem. Dont worry it happens, they will reset your readings and issue a new bill.

They calculated my £ 65 monthly, I paid £ 65 on April 16 and on May 16
    Hi again
    Thanks for getting back to us.
    Is this a picture of your current reading, or the opening reading you sent to Pure Planet? It reads 1013 so far as I can see. If it's your opening reading, post a picture of what it is now.
    Best wishes
    Stephen
    They calculated my £ 65 monthly, I paid £ 65 on April 16 and on May 16
    Hi again
    Thanks for getting back to us.
    Is this a picture of your current reading, or the opening reading you sent to Pure Planet? It reads 1013 so far as I can see. If it's your opening reading, post a picture of what it is now.
    Best wishes
    Stephen

• Hey, this photo is from this morning
  • Hey, this photo is from this morning

• Hi again. I suspect you initially have used the wrong reading. And supplied the reading in kwh instead of m3.
    Easily done as the meter will scroll various readings if you press button again.
    Hopefully @Marc Will see post and advise further and check it out for you.
  • Hi again. I suspect you initially have used the wrong reading. And supplied the reading in kwh instead of m3.
    Easily done as the meter will scroll various readings if you press button again.
    Hopefully @Marc Will see post and advise further and check it out for you.

Hi @Michaju98
    Welcome to the community!
    Nice one @Gray4276 @stephenrand @Jon1 for helping out a new member
    I've checked this out with our Member services team, and they've sent a chat message.
    It does look like the opening reading you sent us was sent as kWh. The team will raise a reading dispute to get your opening reading corrected.
    Please send them a new reading in m3 asap today to help them get this sorted for you
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Hi @Michaju98
    Welcome to the community!
    Nice one @Gray4276 @stephenrand @Jon1 for helping out a new member
    I've checked this out with our Member services team, and they've sent a chat message.
    It does look like the opening reading you sent us was sent as kWh. The team will raise a reading dispute to get your opening reading corrected.
    Please send them a new reading in m3 asap today to help them get this sorted for you

• hello, new month, new bill, when the problem will be fixed? how long I have to wait ?
  • hello, new month, new bill, when the problem will be fixed? how long I have to wait ?

hello, new month, new bill, when the problem will be fixed? how long I have to wait ?
    Hi.
    It does appear that the issue was the opening meter reading, sadly this can take a good few weeks to sort 8-12 is typical i believe. Im sure marc will be able to update further for you.
    hello, new month, new bill, when the problem will be fixed? how long I have to wait ?
    Hi.
    It does appear that the issue was the opening meter reading, sadly this can take a good few weeks to sort 8-12 is typical i believe. Im sure marc will be able to update further for you.

• ​how many times do I have to repeat that I made a mistake? yes instead of m3, I sent kwh, in this month I sent the correct reading, but it was ignored and I figured out how much I used, it's a joke how you treat the client
  • ​how many times do I have to repeat that I made a mistake? yes instead of m3, I sent kwh, in this month I sent the correct reading, but it was ignored and I figured out how much I used, it's a joke how you treat the client

• Sorry no offence implied. We all make mistakes and its not a problem that cant be fixed, but sadly the industry systems are years out of date and this causes huge delays when doing anything. Your DD payments wont change but like i say it can take a few weeks for everything to work its way around the system . Frustrating yes im sure it is but fear not all will be ok soon enough.
  • Sorry no offence implied. We all make mistakes and its not a problem that cant be fixed, but sadly the industry systems are years out of date and this causes huge delays when doing anything. Your DD payments wont change but like i say it can take a few weeks for everything to work its way around the system . Frustrating yes im sure it is but fear not all will be ok soon enough.

• just thought I'd lighten this up a bit...
    Name:  big-bill.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  24.0 KB
  • just thought I'd lighten this up a bit...
    Name:  big-bill.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  24.0 KB

Hi @Michaju98
    I've spoken to our Member services team about this.
    Yep, you're right, the issue was caused by the opening reading being sent incorrectly.
    The team received the photo of your meter you sent them - thanks for doing that.
    Maddie from the team did also reply asking for another correct and recent reading from you. If you open WattBot in your account you should see that message from her.
    Once you've done that the team can raise a reading dispute on your behalf
    As @Jon1 rightly says, that can take up to 12 weeks.
    But, hopefully it won't! The first thing though is to send us that reading via a reply to Maddie's message.

Hi @Michaju98
    I've spoken to our Member services team about this.
    Yep, you're right, the issue was caused by the opening reading being sent incorrectly.
    The team received the photo of your meter you sent them - thanks for doing that.
    Maddie from the team did also reply asking for another correct and recent reading from you. If you open WattBot in your account you should see that message from her.
    Once you've done that the team can raise a reading dispute on your behalf
    As @Jon1 rightly says, that can take up to 12 weeks.
    But, hopefully it won't! The first thing though is to send us that reading via a reply to Maddie's message.

• hi Michaju98
    ​Three is usually adequate but you can do it as often as you want.
    I think there may be a communication difficulty here, other members were just trying to reassure you that it was easily sorted.
    I don't work for PP, as don't most of the people who took their time to try to help you.(marc and nataly do work for PP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaju98 View Post
    ​how many times do I have to repeat that I made a mistake?
  • hi Michaju98
    ​Three is usually adequate but you can do it as often as you want.
    I think there may be a communication difficulty here, other members were just trying to reassure you that it was easily sorted.
    I don't work for PP, as don't most of the people who took their time to try to help you.(marc and nataly do work for PP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaju98 View Post
    ​how many times do I have to repeat that I made a mistake?