• Razors

I think that I may have mentioned somewhere else that the company I've been buying my 'semi-disposable' (i.e. you only replace the head) razors from 'King Of Shaves' has committed to eliminating single-use plastic by 2023.

This got me thinking about how they are returning to the 'old-fashioned' Double-Edged' razor.

Personally, until I bought one to experiment with last week, I'd never used one before.

Any Pure Planet members using Double Edged razors, or even the 'cut-throat' style?

If so, have you any advice you wish to share?

Is the return to the 'good old-days' really going to help that much or will all this extra shaving cream outweigh the benefits?
  • I think that I may have mentioned somewhere else that the company I've been buying my 'semi-disposable' (i.e. you only replace the head) razors from 'King Of Shaves' has committed to eliminating single-use plastic by 2023.

This got me thinking about how they are returning to the 'old-fashioned' Double-Edged' razor.

Personally, until I bought one to experiment with last week, I'd never used one before.

Any Pure Planet members using Double Edged razors, or even the 'cut-throat' style?

If so, have you any advice you wish to share?

Is the return to the 'good old-days' really going to help that much or will all this extra shaving cream outweigh the benefits?
  • Hi @Gwyndy
    Nice post!
    I haven't made the move to cut-throat razors yet (not sure I could be trusted to not slit my own throat, tbh) but I have started using old-fashioned shaving soap with a badger hair brush.
    The shaving foams have plastic lining and plastic lids, and they don't last long! My shaving soap (called 'Trumper' or something similar) has a nicer sandalwood smell and lasts forever! (Well, for about six months).
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Gwyndy
    Nice post!
    I haven't made the move to cut-throat razors yet (not sure I could be trusted to not slit my own throat, tbh) but I have started using old-fashioned shaving soap with a badger hair brush.
    The shaving foams have plastic lining and plastic lids, and they don't last long! My shaving soap (called 'Trumper' or something similar) has a nicer sandalwood smell and lasts forever! (Well, for about six months).

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Is this a men only zone? 😂😂😂

I’d like to contribute by saying best women’s razor is Wilkinson Intuition, but sadly, as photographed in another thread months back, I showed it to have the worst excess packaging; it was astounding🙀👎👎👎👎 . However, for a gorge razor with built in soap and wonderfully smooth shave for pits, legs and Hollywood, look no further 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

LOL re ya badger hair brush and ya 🎺soap, Marc 😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Is this a men only zone? 😂😂😂

I’d like to contribute by saying best women’s razor is Wilkinson Intuition, but sadly, as photographed in another thread months back, I showed it to have the worst excess packaging; it was astounding🙀👎👎👎👎 . However, for a gorge razor with built in soap and wonderfully smooth shave for pits, legs and Hollywood, look no further 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

LOL re ya badger hair brush and ya 🎺soap, Marc 😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • I'm wearing harmony hair spray.
  • I'm wearing harmony hair spray.
  • LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • When you said Hollywood was that a euphemism for a South American country, famous for nuts and inflation....
    I hope Badgers are protected in Bath. I have visions of Marc chasing one up the road, scissors in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Is this a men only zone? ���������������� �

I’d like to contribute by saying best women’s razor is Wilkinson Intuition, but sadly, as photographed in another thread months back, I showed it to have the worst excess packaging; it was astounding������������� ���������������� . However, for a gorge razor with built in soap and wonderfully smooth shave for pits, legs and Hollywood, look no further ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����������

LOL re ya badger hair brush and ya ������soap, Marc ���������������� �������������
    Last edited by woz; 21-05-19 at 23:14.
  • When you said Hollywood was that a euphemism for a South American country, famous for nuts and inflation....
    I hope Badgers are protected in Bath. I have visions of Marc chasing one up the road, scissors in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Is this a men only zone? ���������������� �

I’d like to contribute by saying best women’s razor is Wilkinson Intuition, but sadly, as photographed in another thread months back, I showed it to have the worst excess packaging; it was astounding������������� ���������������� . However, for a gorge razor with built in soap and wonderfully smooth shave for pits, legs and Hollywood, look no further ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����������

LOL re ya badger hair brush and ya ������soap, Marc ���������������� �������������
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    When you said Hollywood was that a euphemism for a South American country, famous for nuts and inflation....

😂😂😂😂Close Wozeeta, Close, but tiny bit balder in Hollywood than Brazil if ya get me drift 👍😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂✂️

WALT WHITMAN
    When you said Hollywood was that a euphemism for a South American country, famous for nuts and inflation....

😂😂😂😂Close Wozeeta, Close, but tiny bit balder in Hollywood than Brazil if ya get me drift 👍😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂✂️

WALT WHITMAN
  • Haha, hilarious🤣🤣🤣
    As for @Strutt G using Harmony - I don't think so 😲😨
  • Haha, hilarious🤣🤣🤣
    As for @Strutt G using Harmony - I don't think so 😲😨
  • Don't laugh I've got several hair pieces all in the same style so that when people see me they think that the hair piece has grown.
    Its all secured by a chin strap and the Harmony hairspray keeps things neat on a windy day.
  • Don't laugh I've got several hair pieces all in the same style so that when people see me they think that the hair piece has grown.
    Its all secured by a chin strap and the Harmony hairspray keeps things neat on a windy day.
  • I use duraglit, lovely and shiny...
  • I use duraglit, lovely and shiny...
  • Always best to rock up and look fine and dandy on polling day.
    Won't be long before the wB and his pals gets to vote and run tings.
    Can't do any worse than us carbon fings.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 23-05-19 at 06:52.
  • Always best to rock up and look fine and dandy on polling day.
  • Try a beard instead - a great time saver!
  • Try a beard instead - a great time saver!
  • Hey Lenny you going all West Coast hipster
  • Hey Lenny you going all West Coast hipster
    I use duraglit, lovely and shiny...
    I prefer pledge myself, buffs up a treat
    I use duraglit, lovely and shiny...
    I prefer pledge myself, buffs up a treat
  • I bet and I might try that
  • I bet and I might try that
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Always best to rock up and look fine and dandy on polling day.
    WattBot for Prime Minister @Strutt G

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Always best to rock up and look fine and dandy on polling day.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • A few tweaks and a poke and off yer go
  • A few tweaks and a poke and off yer go
  • Open the Brexit doors Wattbot
    ​I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that....

I nominate this thread for a prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
  • Open the Brexit doors Wattbot
    ​I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that....

I nominate this thread for a prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
  • No HP today chrome doming with duraglit and pledge
  • No HP today chrome doming with duraglit and pledge
  • I've always though bald men with beards have their faces upside down...
    ​Classic sketch, well worth a watch...
  • I've always though bald men with beards have their faces upside down...
    ​Classic sketch, well worth a watch...