Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  • Pure Planet to change gas shipper

Hi everyone

We’re making some changes to the way we monitor our gas supply and I want to tell you a bit more about it in the community.

In the coming months we’ll be changing our gas shipper.

What is a gas shipper? A gas shipper is the legal entity which takes operational responsibility for managing all the administration of gas, from the point at which we buy it until it arrives at your meter.

What’s happening is that in the coming months we’ll be switching our supplier of gas from a company called Barrow to BP.

Importantly, your gas supply will not be affected. You won’t lose gas supply and nothing will change in your home.

We’re doing this now because we’ve grown our Membership and we need a bigger gas shipper to handle our growth.

Why are you telling us about this change in the community?

When any energy supplier changes their gas shipper, they also have to update their systems, industry data and software.

The only time we think a Member might be impacted by this change is if you choose to switch to a different supplier at the same time as we’re changing the gas shipper on your account.

If this happens you may be blocked from switching because the other supplier will think that you’re already in the process of switching supplier.

There is a window of about 17 days when this could happen, from the day we start changing gas shipper on your account.

If this happens to you, just wait 10 working days and then ask your new supplier to restart your switch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When will the change start and what are the next steps?

We’re going to test this by changing gas shipper for Pure Planet staff first, followed by family and friends.

We’d also like to involve some community members if you’re happy to help, too. Let me know in the replies or send me a message.

Once the testing is done, the transfer for all our Members will start around mid-June. We estimate it’ll take about six to eight weeks to complete.

Will new Pure Planet Members be affected?

No. Anyone who switches to Pure Planet once the gas shipper change has started will be automatically assigned to BP, not Barrow.

Any other questions? Let’s talk about it in the replies below.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

We’re making some changes to the way we monitor our gas supply and I want to tell you a bit more about it in the community.

In the coming months we’ll be changing our gas shipper.

What is a gas shipper? A gas shipper is the legal entity which takes operational responsibility for managing all the administration of gas, from the point at which we buy it until it arrives at your meter.

What’s happening is that in the coming months we’ll be switching our supplier of gas from a company called Barrow to BP.

Importantly, your gas supply will not be affected. You won’t lose gas supply and nothing will change in your home.

We’re doing this now because we’ve grown our Membership and we need a bigger gas shipper to handle our growth.

Why are you telling us about this change in the community?

When any energy supplier changes their gas shipper, they also have to update their systems, industry data and software.

The only time we think a Member might be impacted by this change is if you choose to switch to a different supplier at the same time as we’re changing the gas shipper on your account.

If this happens you may be blocked from switching because the other supplier will think that you’re already in the process of switching supplier.

There is a window of about 17 days when this could happen, from the day we start changing gas shipper on your account.

If this happens to you, just wait 10 working days and then ask your new supplier to restart your switch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When will the change start and what are the next steps?

We’re going to test this by changing gas shipper for Pure Planet staff first, followed by family and friends.

We’d also like to involve some community members if you’re happy to help, too. Let me know in the replies or send me a message.

Once the testing is done, the transfer for all our Members will start around mid-June. We estimate it’ll take about six to eight weeks to complete.

Will new Pure Planet Members be affected?

No. Anyone who switches to Pure Planet once the gas shipper change has started will be automatically assigned to BP, not Barrow.

Any other questions? Let’s talk about it in the replies below.

• Hey everyone,

Just an update for you -

We've finished testing the gas shipper change on the PP team and friends, so we're looking to start the gas shipper change for all our members in the next few weeks.

We'll update this post to let you know when this starts going ahead

If you have any questions feel free to ask them below
  • Hey everyone,

Just an update for you -

We've finished testing the gas shipper change on the PP team and friends, so we're looking to start the gas shipper change for all our members in the next few weeks.

We'll update this post to let you know when this starts going ahead

If you have any questions feel free to ask them below
  • A quick update.
    Today we're migrating 20,000 members from Barrow to BP.
    As posted above
    this change will not affect anyone's gas supply.
    The only time we think a Member might be impacted is if you choose to switch to a different supplier at the same time as we’re changing the gas shipper on your account.

• A quick update.
    Today we're migrating 20,000 members from Barrow to BP.
    As posted above
    this change will not affect anyone's gas supply.
    The only time we think a Member might be impacted is if you choose to switch to a different supplier at the same time as we’re changing the gas shipper on your account.

• I am trying to change supplier but it has been blocked. Can you remove your application to supply gas to my home.
  • I am trying to change supplier but it has been blocked. Can you remove your application to supply gas to my home.
  • Hey @Letitia McCafferty

Just FYI I've moved your post to our thread all about changing gas shipper .

If you apply to switch again in 10 days it should no longer be blocked
  • Hey @Letitia McCafferty

Just FYI I've moved your post to our thread all about changing gas shipper .

If you apply to switch again in 10 days it should no longer be blocked
  • Hello Nataly,
    I would like to switch sooner why do I have to wait 10 days.
    Thanks
    Letitia
  • Hello Nataly,
    Thanks
    Letitia
  • Quote Originally Posted by Letitia McCafferty View Post
    Hello Nataly,
    Thanks
    Letitia
    If you have a read of the post above it explains that, while the gas shipper is being changed, if you try to switch in a certain window you "may be blocked from switching because the other supplier will think that you’re already in the process of switching supplier."

If you get in touch with our Member Services team they'll be able to look into your account further for you.

I've also replied to your DM about this
    Hello Nataly,
    Thanks
    Letitia
    If you have a read of the post above it explains that, while the gas shipper is being changed, if you try to switch in a certain window you "may be blocked from switching because the other supplier will think that you’re already in the process of switching supplier."

If you get in touch with our Member Services team they'll be able to look into your account further for you.

I've also replied to your DM about this
  • Hi Nataly,
    Can you give me a number to call as it took about 2 months to clear up my account.
    Thanks
    Letiita
  • Hi Nataly,
    Can you give me a number to call as it took about 2 months to clear up my account.
    Thanks
    Letiita
    Hi Nataly, Can you give me a number to call as it took about 2 months to clear up my account. Thanks Letiita
    We're a digital-only supplier so we don't have a contact number but you can message our Member Services team by tapping 'help' > 'ask WattBot' in your account and typing message the team. They get back to you in 1 working day

They'll be able to check out your account and advise you further on what to do
    Hi Nataly, Can you give me a number to call as it took about 2 months to clear up my account. Thanks Letiita
    We're a digital-only supplier so we don't have a contact number but you can message our Member Services team by tapping 'help' > 'ask WattBot' in your account and typing message the team. They get back to you in 1 working day

They'll be able to check out your account and advise you further on what to do
  • Switch rejected by pure planet

At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page. If you need to contact please call me on my mobile

- - - Updated - - -

At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page.
    Last edited by Marc; 18-07-19 at 08:12. Reason: Removing personal info
  • At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page. If you need to contact please call me on my mobile

- - - Updated - - -

At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page.
  • Hi.

Please bear in mind, you have posted in the section where you are talking to other Pure Planet customers.
    We do not have the ability to give you a specific reason why you were rejected.

The best thing you could do is use the wattbott app to send a message to the team, and they should be able to help you.

Regards
    ​Gwynd
  • Hi.

Please bear in mind, you have posted in the section where you are talking to other Pure Planet customers.
    We do not have the ability to give you a specific reason why you were rejected.

The best thing you could do is use the wattbott app to send a message to the team, and they should be able to help you.

Regards
    ​Gwynd
  • I can’t even see a message! Just blank screen!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I can’t even see a message! Just blank screen!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Bev.

If you look at her post history, it should show you that her post originally had this message

"At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my..."

I'm working on the following assumptions.

That Letitia has just moved into the property.

That the property is currently supplied by Pure Planet on behalf of another customer.

That due to the regulations requiring that the customer cannot be left without power, Pure Planet have rejected Letitia's request for a new supplier to take over, as Pure Planet didn't know who she is.

That Letitia has registered with Pure Planet in some form to be able to post here.

But I could be very wrong.

​Mark

Last edited by Gwyndy; 17-07-19 at 22:39.
  • Hi Bev.

If you look at her post history, it should show you that her post originally had this message

"At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my..."

I'm working on the following assumptions.

That Letitia has just moved into the property.

That the property is currently supplied by Pure Planet on behalf of another customer.

That due to the regulations requiring that the customer cannot be left without power, Pure Planet have rejected Letitia's request for a new supplier to take over, as Pure Planet didn't know who she is.

That Letitia has registered with Pure Planet in some form to be able to post here.

But I could be very wrong.

​Mark

• Thanks for your help Gwyndy 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Thanks for your help Gwyndy 👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Ah, going by this thread, it appears I was wrong.

https://community.purepla.net/thread...3286#post33286
  • Ah, going by this thread, it appears I was wrong.

https://community.purepla.net/thread...3286#post33286
  • Post reads as follows:
    At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page. If you need to contact please call me on my mobile

- - - Updated - - -

At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page. If you need to contact please call me on (removed). Thanks Letit

• Post reads as follows:

- - - Updated - - -

At present Pure Planet are showing as the incoming supplier for my property. Before Avro can apply to take over my supply, you company will need remove their application. Can this be sorted and my switch requested. If not I am going to complain to the Ombudsman as I am getting annoyed no one has contacted me. I have already posted on your community page. If you need to contact please call me on (removed). Thanks Letit

• hi Letitia
    this is a public community thus it isn't advisable to post personal information on here (tel.no) I've flagged it for that reason.

I have no doubt that someone from PP will contact you if that hasn't already happened. I presume you moved into a property supplied by PP?? and your switch may have been blocked either because you are a deemed customer are liable for the energy used so far as a deemed customer, or perhaps because of the gas supplier switch which you already know about. In any event I'm sure it can be sorted.
    By far the easiest (but not the only) way to deal with this is for you to download the app or register your account online. If for some reason you don't or haven't wanted to do that, it could explain some of the delay you've encountered.
    If you've moved into a property PP should have sent you a letter because the previous occupiers will have moved out and provided final readings, and of course you are liable for the energy used after you moved in.
    Feel free to post back if things don't progress or if I'm talking rubbish...
    (The same scenario would apply were it any energy provider)
    I would also add that there isn't much difference in prices between Avro and PP, the last time I looked Avro (for my region) were slightly cheaper, but since you have to pay one or the other the difference due to any delay will be very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Post reads as follows:

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by woz; 18-07-19 at 01:36.
  • hi Letitia
    this is a public community thus it isn't advisable to post personal information on here (tel.no) I've flagged it for that reason.

I have no doubt that someone from PP will contact you if that hasn't already happened. I presume you moved into a property supplied by PP?? and your switch may have been blocked either because you are a deemed customer are liable for the energy used so far as a deemed customer, or perhaps because of the gas supplier switch which you already know about. In any event I'm sure it can be sorted.
    By far the easiest (but not the only) way to deal with this is for you to download the app or register your account online. If for some reason you don't or haven't wanted to do that, it could explain some of the delay you've encountered.
    If you've moved into a property PP should have sent you a letter because the previous occupiers will have moved out and provided final readings, and of course you are liable for the energy used after you moved in.
    Feel free to post back if things don't progress or if I'm talking rubbish...
    (The same scenario would apply were it any energy provider)
    I would also add that there isn't much difference in prices between Avro and PP, the last time I looked Avro (for my region) were slightly cheaper, but since you have to pay one or the other the difference due to any delay will be very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Post reads as follows:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning @Letitia McCafferty
    Sorry to hear that your switch has been blocked. As @Nataly outlined earlier, this has happened because we're in the process of changing gas shippers.

What has happened is that you've switched at the same time as we're changing gas shipper. So your new supplier thinks that you’re already in the process of switching supplier.
    All you have to do is wait 10 working days and then ask your new supplier to restart your switch.

(Also, FYI, I've moved your new post to this existing thread. Otherwise we'll end up with duplicate replies in different areas of the community, which can make it difficult for other Members to follow).

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning @Letitia McCafferty
    Sorry to hear that your switch has been blocked. As @Nataly outlined earlier, this has happened because we're in the process of changing gas shippers.

What has happened is that you've switched at the same time as we're changing gas shipper. So your new supplier thinks that you’re already in the process of switching supplier.
    All you have to do is wait 10 working days and then ask your new supplier to restart your switch.

(Also, FYI, I've moved your new post to this existing thread. Otherwise we'll end up with duplicate replies in different areas of the community, which can make it difficult for other Members to follow).

• Hi again @Letitia McCafferty
    I've had a chat with our Member services team about this.
    Your gas shipper change (with PP) will be done by Saturday.
    This means the supplier you want to switch to can restart your gas switch on Monday.
    You should instruct them to do so then

• Hi again @Letitia McCafferty
    I've had a chat with our Member services team about this.
    Your gas shipper change (with PP) will be done by Saturday.
    This means the supplier you want to switch to can restart your gas switch on Monday.
    You should instruct them to do so then

• switching

I am trying to switch supplier but have been blocked from doing so. I have read about the transfer of gas supplier to BP. I want to know how long this will continue and what I tell my new supplier. Also, if I do not get the deal I have signed up to will pure planet compensate me for any financial loss
  • I am trying to switch supplier but have been blocked from doing so. I have read about the transfer of gas supplier to BP. I want to know how long this will continue and what I tell my new supplier. Also, if I do not get the deal I have signed up to will pure planet compensate me for any financial loss