• Pure Planet to change gas shipper

Hi everyone

We’re making some changes to the way we monitor our gas supply and I want to tell you a bit more about it in the community.

In the coming months we’ll be changing our gas shipper.

What is a gas shipper? A gas shipper is the legal entity which takes operational responsibility for managing all the administration of gas, from the point at which we buy it until it arrives at your meter.

What’s happening is that in the coming months we’ll be switching our supplier of gas from a company called Barrow to BP.

Importantly, your gas supply will not be affected. You won’t lose gas supply and nothing will change in your home.

We’re doing this now because we’ve grown our Membership and we need a bigger gas shipper to handle our growth.

Why are you telling us about this change in the community?

When any energy supplier changes their gas shipper, they also have to update their systems, industry data and software.

The only time we think a Member might be impacted by this change is if you choose to switch to a different supplier at the same time as we’re changing the gas shipper on your account.

If this happens you may be blocked from switching because the other supplier will think that you’re already in the process of switching supplier.

There is a window of about 17 days when this could happen, from the day we start changing gas shipper on your account.

If this happens to you, just wait 10 working days and then ask your new supplier to restart your switch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When will the change start and what are the next steps?

We’re going to test this by changing gas shipper for Pure Planet staff first, followed by family and friends.

We’d also like to involve some community members if you’re happy to help, too. Let me know in the replies or send me a message.

Once the testing is done, the transfer for all our Members will start around mid-June. We estimate it’ll take about six to eight weeks to complete.

Will new Pure Planet Members be affected?

No. Anyone who switches to Pure Planet once the gas shipper change has started will be automatically assigned to BP, not Barrow.

Any other questions? Let’s talk about it in the replies below.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

We’re making some changes to the way we monitor our gas supply and I want to tell you a bit more about it in the community.

In the coming months we’ll be changing our gas shipper.

What is a gas shipper? A gas shipper is the legal entity which takes operational responsibility for managing all the administration of gas, from the point at which we buy it until it arrives at your meter.

What’s happening is that in the coming months we’ll be switching our supplier of gas from a company called Barrow to BP.

Importantly, your gas supply will not be affected. You won’t lose gas supply and nothing will change in your home.

We’re doing this now because we’ve grown our Membership and we need a bigger gas shipper to handle our growth.

Why are you telling us about this change in the community?

When any energy supplier changes their gas shipper, they also have to update their systems, industry data and software.

The only time we think a Member might be impacted by this change is if you choose to switch to a different supplier at the same time as we’re changing the gas shipper on your account.

If this happens you may be blocked from switching because the other supplier will think that you’re already in the process of switching supplier.

There is a window of about 17 days when this could happen, from the day we start changing gas shipper on your account.

If this happens to you, just wait 10 working days and then ask your new supplier to restart your switch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

When will the change start and what are the next steps?

We’re going to test this by changing gas shipper for Pure Planet staff first, followed by family and friends.

We’d also like to involve some community members if you’re happy to help, too. Let me know in the replies or send me a message.

Once the testing is done, the transfer for all our Members will start around mid-June. We estimate it’ll take about six to eight weeks to complete.

Will new Pure Planet Members be affected?

No. Anyone who switches to Pure Planet once the gas shipper change has started will be automatically assigned to BP, not Barrow.

Any other questions? Let’s talk about it in the replies below.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet