• hi nigelbarnett and welcome.
    as far as I know the transfer to BP is done so that shouldn't be blocking you now.
    PP will check, they may reply to this but best to go to wattbot, type message the team and ask if your switch is now going ahead.

Below is my opinion not that of PP

I don't believe PP will or should compensate you, you don't have a contract with PP yet.
    If you walked into a shop and said I want to buy X and the shop said we choose not to sell you X, our tills are not working, you haven't suffered a loss you've suffered the loss of an opportunity - not the same thing
    What is your financial loss?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the deal, if it's the vouchers see comment below. PP's prices are variable and can change at 2 weeks notice so there is no deal.
    If you can switch and you+another get the £50 voucher I think that's pretty good compensation.
    If your switch was blocked because of the BP issue and for that reason you were not able to avail yourself of the extra incentive then there would be no harm in asking nicely whether they would look upon that favourably, and they might, but it's not a financial loss.
    Last edited by woz; 26-07-19 at 13:08.
  • hi nigelbarnett and welcome.
    as far as I know the transfer to BP is done so that shouldn't be blocking you now.
    PP will check, they may reply to this but best to go to wattbot, type message the team and ask if your switch is now going ahead.

Below is my opinion not that of PP

I don't believe PP will or should compensate you, you don't have a contract with PP yet.
    If you walked into a shop and said I want to buy X and the shop said we choose not to sell you X, our tills are not working, you haven't suffered a loss you've suffered the loss of an opportunity - not the same thing
    What is your financial loss?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the deal, if it's the vouchers see comment below. PP's prices are variable and can change at 2 weeks notice so there is no deal.
    If you can switch and you+another get the £50 voucher I think that's pretty good compensation.
    If your switch was blocked because of the BP issue and for that reason you were not able to avail yourself of the extra incentive then there would be no harm in asking nicely whether they would look upon that favourably, and they might, but it's not a financial loss.
  • Quote Originally Posted by nigelbarnett View Post
    I am trying to switch supplier but have been blocked from doing so. I have read about the transfer of gas supplier to BP. I want to know how long this will continue and what I tell my new supplier. Also, if I do not get the deal I have signed up to will pure planet compensate me for any financial loss
    Hi @nigelbarnett
    Welcome to the community, and thanks for posting.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by nigelbarnett View Post
    I am trying to switch supplier but have been blocked from doing so. I have read about the transfer of gas supplier to BP. I want to know how long this will continue and what I tell my new supplier. Also, if I do not get the deal I have signed up to will pure planet compensate me for any financial loss
    Hi @nigelbarnett
    Welcome to the community, and thanks for posting.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team.

• hi. ​2 weeks ago i thought this was all addressed and the block had been removed. I am being told by BG that the block still exists. I want the block removed please. Now would be good and I would like a confirmation email or letter.
  • hi. ​2 weeks ago i thought this was all addressed and the block had been removed. I am being told by BG that the block still exists. I want the block removed please. Now would be good and I would like a confirmation email or letter.
  • hi dbreston
    it is my belief that
    a. BG are incorrect and there is no block.
    b. The community can’t help with this one.
    The community are just customers like yourself, so you need PP to look into this for you.
    As they say on Dragons’ Den... I’m out.(especially given my earlier reply)
    handy hint go to help in app or online type message the team and ask pp to investigate. Also persistence with BG might help, now would be good so go on get on with it...

Quote Originally Posted by dbreston View Post
    hi. ​2 weeks ago i thought this was all addressed and the block had been removed. I am being told by BG that the block still exists. I want the block removed please. Now would be good and I would like a confirmation email or letter.
    Last edited by woz; 06-08-19 at 12:15. Reason: I need to work on my people skills, now would be good...
  • hi dbreston
    it is my belief that
    a. BG are incorrect and there is no block.
    b. The community can’t help with this one.
    The community are just customers like yourself, so you need PP to look into this for you.
    As they say on Dragons’ Den... I’m out.(especially given my earlier reply)
    handy hint go to help in app or online type message the team and ask pp to investigate. Also persistence with BG might help, now would be good so go on get on with it...

Quote Originally Posted by dbreston View Post
    hi. ​2 weeks ago i thought this was all addressed and the block had been removed. I am being told by BG that the block still exists. I want the block removed please. Now would be good and I would like a confirmation email or letter.
  • Quote Originally Posted by dbreston View Post
    Hi @dbreston
    I've checked this out with our Member services team.
    Maddie from our team has just sent you an email about this.
    The gas shipper change will be completed on 10th August, so you'll be able to switch on 11th.
    Maddie's also explained that we're not trying to block your switch. It's down to the systems which all energy suppliers use which unfortunately means during a change of gas shipper switching is blocked (because the systems believe a switch is already underway).
    Sorry again for the hassle.

• Quote Originally Posted by dbreston View Post
    Hi @dbreston
    I've checked this out with our Member services team.
    Maddie from our team has just sent you an email about this.
    The gas shipper change will be completed on 10th August, so you'll be able to switch on 11th.
    Maddie's also explained that we're not trying to block your switch. It's down to the systems which all energy suppliers use which unfortunately means during a change of gas shipper switching is blocked (because the systems believe a switch is already underway).
    Sorry again for the hassle.

• My sincere apologies dbreston I was under the impression it was done and dusted.
  • My sincere apologies dbreston I was under the impression it was done and dusted.
  • Changing provider

I have recently moved into a new house and tried switch energy provider. The ne providers have asked me to contact you guys to ask why the switch of the gas was rejected. I haven't tried to renew the gas or electric with pure planets. Would like an update on this please as its holding up the switch. Ideally I would like to speak to an operator please. Thanks
  • I have recently moved into a new house and tried switch energy provider. The ne providers have asked me to contact you guys to ask why the switch of the gas was rejected. I haven't tried to renew the gas or electric with pure planets. Would like an update on this please as its holding up the switch. Ideally I would like to speak to an operator please. Thanks
  • Hey @Marcopozzuto

Just FYI I've moved this to our thread which explains that we've been changing our gas shipper.

This means there's a window of time where if you try to switch your gas supply, it'll be blocked as the other supplier will think you're already in the process of switching supplier.

From Monday (12 August) you can just ask them to restart the switch for your gas and it'll go ahead

Sorry for the hassle.

If you'd like to chat with our Member Services team about this you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account.

​Hope that helps?
  • Hey @Marcopozzuto

Just FYI I've moved this to our thread which explains that we've been changing our gas shipper.

This means there's a window of time where if you try to switch your gas supply, it'll be blocked as the other supplier will think you're already in the process of switching supplier.

From Monday (12 August) you can just ask them to restart the switch for your gas and it'll go ahead

Sorry for the hassle.

If you'd like to chat with our Member Services team about this you can tap 'help' > 'Ask WattBot' in your account.

​Hope that helps?
  • Hi everyone

Just to update you that our change of gas shipper is now complete

If you had a gas switch that was blocked because of this, if you ask your chosen supplier to restart it from today they'll be able to do so

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
  • Hi everyone

Just to update you that our change of gas shipper is now complete

If you had a gas switch that was blocked because of this, if you ask your chosen supplier to restart it from today they'll be able to do so

Thanks for your patience and understanding!