• Npower not billing

Hi everyone hope you're having a nice weekend.

Just wondered if anyone has ever moved from npower and found that they just don't bother billing?

I recently moved house and therefore initiated switch to PP as soon as I got the keys and started on supply with them again on 10th May. All good with Pure but nPower have said the account is closed with no balance so I assume they have received the final readings.

Not complaining but I just find it strange practice.

In one of my previous lives at another Big 6, when I worked on the disputed reads team, I used to hear stories that they would just not bother billing if you were on supply with them for less than 30 days - I always thought it was urban myth!
  • Hi everyone hope you're having a nice weekend.

Just wondered if anyone has ever moved from npower and found that they just don't bother billing?

I recently moved house and therefore initiated switch to PP as soon as I got the keys and started on supply with them again on 10th May. All good with Pure but nPower have said the account is closed with no balance so I assume they have received the final readings.

Not complaining but I just find it strange practice.

In one of my previous lives at another Big 6, when I worked on the disputed reads team, I used to hear stories that they would just not bother billing if you were on supply with them for less than 30 days - I always thought it was urban myth!

• I can see that in certain circumstances it would cost more in administration than the profit to be made from chasing it, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    ​I wonder how they deal with the changeover readings if that is the case?
  • I can see that in certain circumstances it would cost more in administration than the profit to be made from chasing it, so it wouldn't surprise me.
    ​I wonder how they deal with the changeover readings if that is the case?

• Maybe its a stremlined policy to cut costs and make the company as a whole look more attractive to potential buyers after all it is up for sale following the collapse of merger plans with SSE's retail division?
  • Maybe its a stremlined policy to cut costs and make the company as a whole look more attractive to potential buyers after all it is up for sale following the collapse of merger plans with SSE's retail division?

• Thanks for heads up on that Jon1 because I've just start assessing my nephews NP statement for the lack of detail related to a economy 7 metre and what appears to be bad deal.

I will ask the community shortly for some feedback!
  • Thanks for heads up on that Jon1 because I've just start assessing my nephews NP statement for the lack of detail related to a economy 7 metre and what appears to be bad deal.

I will ask the community shortly for some feedback!

• Hi strutt.
    What will ultimately happen to npower has not been decided or atleast made public as far as im aware, if someone wants to buy it all well and good as EON didnt want it in the first place but they will accidentally end up with it.
    I think a sale is best but they have not ruled out simply letting it wind itself down and out of existance. That would cost them 100's of millions but still an option.i suppose a lot will depend on what happens to SSE retail will it be sold or floated off as a seperate company?
    Myself i have a theory as to what will happen later this year or early next year, but thats just me.
  • Hi strutt.
    What will ultimately happen to npower has not been decided or atleast made public as far as im aware, if someone wants to buy it all well and good as EON didnt want it in the first place but they will accidentally end up with it.
    I think a sale is best but they have not ruled out simply letting it wind itself down and out of existance. That would cost them 100's of millions but still an option.i suppose a lot will depend on what happens to SSE retail will it be sold or floated off as a seperate company?
    Myself i have a theory as to what will happen later this year or early next year, but thats just me.

• Thanks Jon1 its a right old carry on
  • Thanks Jon1 its a right old carry on