• Complex switching

I want to get my son to switch from his current supplier Scottish Power and he is keen to get a quote My son is in an all electric house. BUT he has three meters. One is for a standard(on peak) supply; one is for an off peak supply. The third is a feed in meter from solar panels.
    Can Pure Planet provide a supply? If not for on peak and off peak differing rates then treating the two supply meters at a single rate.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I want to get my son to switch from his current supplier Scottish Power and he is keen to get a quote My son is in an all electric house. BUT he has three meters. One is for a standard(on peak) supply; one is for an off peak supply. The third is a feed in meter from solar panels.
    Can Pure Planet provide a supply? If not for on peak and off peak differing rates then treating the two supply meters at a single rate.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello doc.
    He should be able to switch. PP will do day and night readings at the same price. He basically has an economy 7 set up. As for his meter for solar panels will be the issue if there is one, PP dont accept fit payments so he will need to keep that with his current supplier,
  • Hello doc.
    He should be able to switch. PP will do day and night readings at the same price. He basically has an economy 7 set up. As for his meter for solar panels will be the issue if there is one, PP dont accept fit payments so he will need to keep that with his current supplier,

• Best Answer

hi Doc Richard
    I think it may depend on how many MPAN's he has, have a look at one of his existing bills. If he has one mpan and 2 meters it should be
    OK.
    As jon1 says the day and night rates are the same for all customers on E7 - is your son on an E7 tariff at the moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Richard View Post
    I want to get my son to switch from his current supplier Scottish Power and he is keen to get a quote My son is in an all electric house. BUT he has three meters. One is for a standard(on peak) supply; one is for an off peak supply. The third is a feed in meter from solar panels.
  • hi Doc Richard
    I think it may depend on how many MPAN's he has, have a look at one of his existing bills. If he has one mpan and 2 meters it should be
    OK.
    As jon1 says the day and night rates are the same for all customers on E7 - is your son on an E7 tariff at the moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Richard View Post

• Hey @Doc Richard

This is a bit of a complex one! As @woz says it really depends on if he has more than one MPAN (a 'related' MPAN) or not...

There's an FAQ which gives a bit more of an explanation here

Woz is right - if his statements shows more than one MPAN (or 'meter point's) it's likely he can't switch to us.
    If he can switch then @Jon1 is spot on
  • Hey @Doc Richard

This is a bit of a complex one! As @woz says it really depends on if he has more than one MPAN (a 'related' MPAN) or not...

There's an FAQ which gives a bit more of an explanation here

Woz is right - if his statements shows more than one MPAN (or 'meter point's) it's likely he can't switch to us.
    If he can switch then @Jon1 is spot on

• Thanks all will check it out
  • Thanks all will check it out