Poll: How many points would you give Eurovision?

• Eurovision - will you be watching?

Eurovision's coming up this weekend, who's going to be tuning in?

Or better yet - will anyone be going to/hosting a Eurovision party? Or trying to come up with an excuse to avoid one for that matter

Apparently you can vote up to 20 times (and it costs money to vote btw!), but you can't vote for your own country Maybe that's why we always lose...?

Name:  flag-2608475_1920.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  282.4 KB

Maybe we'll be hosting a Eurovision again soon, if Australia win that is
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Eurovision's coming up this weekend, who's going to be tuning in?

Or better yet - will anyone be going to/hosting a Eurovision party? Or trying to come up with an excuse to avoid one for that matter

Apparently you can vote up to 20 times (and it costs money to vote btw!), but you can't vote for your own country Maybe that's why we always lose...?

Name:  flag-2608475_1920.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  282.4 KB

Maybe we'll be hosting a Eurovision again soon, if Australia win that is
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Even with Madonna now confirmed, I still don’t think I could bear it!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Even with Madonna now confirmed, I still don’t think I could bear it!

WALT WHITMAN
  • We like Eurovision - but mainly to laugh at and we score on slightly different set of catgeories We normally have a few friends round etc.

We actually thought our song was one of the better ones. I'm not one to criticise singers as I can't sing at all. But even to my untrained ears, Madonna was AWFUL. The worst performance I've ever heard by anyone.
  • We like Eurovision - but mainly to laugh at and we score on slightly different set of catgeories We normally have a few friends round etc.

We actually thought our song was one of the better ones. I'm not one to criticise singers as I can't sing at all. But even to my untrained ears, Madonna was AWFUL. The worst performance I've ever heard by anyone.
  • Eurovision always good fun. Important not to take it too seriously, clearly the message Madonna followed as she was very poor, as has already been commented on. I felt our lad started flat but did improve, clearly not enough. Anyone explain Iceland's effort to me? Very eurovision.
    Hosted a small gathering of work colleagues and neighbours. Bring on May 2020!
  • Eurovision always good fun. Important not to take it too seriously, clearly the message Madonna followed as she was very poor, as has already been commented on. I felt our lad started flat but did improve, clearly not enough. Anyone explain Iceland's effort to me? Very eurovision.
    Hosted a small gathering of work colleagues and neighbours. Bring on May 2020!
  • If it makes you laugh, brill - not my cup of tea though.
  • If it makes you laugh, brill - not my cup of tea though.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    We like Eurovision - but mainly to laugh at and we score on slightly different set of catgeories We normally have a few friends round etc.
    Ooo what categories do you use? (what are the 'official' categories?)

Sounds like a good excuse to get together and have a bit of a laugh

​Would you consider going to the Netherlands for it @Daspy or would that be a step too far
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    We like Eurovision - but mainly to laugh at and we score on slightly different set of catgeories We normally have a few friends round etc.

​Would you consider going to the Netherlands for it @Daspy or would that be a step too far
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

I think we went quote conservative with out categories this - Song, Dance, Costume, Flesh (on show) and 'Clever sh**'

Marks out of 10 for each category for a maximum of 50 points. Usually we add everyone's score up for each country and give teh score from the Jowl jury! Sometimes we've had too much drink and don't bother. It's fun with Friends - and everyones kids come over too so they have fun and entertain themselves. (less fun the next day when they're tired becuase they were up past midnight!!)
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nataly View Post

I think we went quote conservative with out categories this - Song, Dance, Costume, Flesh (on show) and 'Clever sh**'

Marks out of 10 for each category for a maximum of 50 points. Usually we add everyone's score up for each country and give teh score from the Jowl jury! Sometimes we've had too much drink and don't bother. It's fun with Friends - and everyones kids come over too so they have fun and entertain themselves. (less fun the next day when they're tired becuase they were up past midnight!!)
  • I think It's time Madonna hung up her bra (sorry Bev I know you're a fan)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post

• I think It's time Madonna hung up her bra (sorry Bev I know you're a fan)

• I sort of agree Wozeeta, so don’t be afraid. She was beyond superb in her day, but now it’s going a bit too far. Even for the die hard fans. Way too political, and way out of tune. Good on her for singing live tho, but she’s damned if she does, and damned if uses auto tune. She seemed genuinely nervous beforehand in the chat too. Only watched her but wish she hadn’t have done it. Then again she’s not gonna turn down 750,000 notes is she!

WALT WHITMAN
  • I sort of agree Wozeeta, so don’t be afraid. She was beyond superb in her day, but now it’s going a bit too far. Even for the die hard fans. Way too political, and way out of tune. Good on her for singing live tho, but she’s damned if she does, and damned if uses auto tune. She seemed genuinely nervous beforehand in the chat too. Only watched her but wish she hadn’t have done it. Then again she’s not gonna turn down 750,000 notes is she!

WALT WHITMAN
  • ​She was told it was to be a-political and she broke her contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I sort of agree Wozeeta, so don’t be afraid. She was beyond superb in her day, but now it’s going a bit too far. Even for the die hard fans. Way too political, and way out of tune. Good on her for singing live tho, but she’s damned if she does, and damned if uses auto tune. She seemed genuinely nervous beforehand in the chat too. Only watched her but wish she hadn’t have done it. Then again she’s not gonna turn down 750,000 notes is she!
  • ​She was told it was to be a-political and she broke her contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I sort of agree Wozeeta, so don’t be afraid. She was beyond superb in her day, but now it’s going a bit too far. Even for the die hard fans. Way too political, and way out of tune. Good on her for singing live tho, but she’s damned if she does, and damned if uses auto tune. She seemed genuinely nervous beforehand in the chat too. Only watched her but wish she hadn’t have done it. Then again she’s not gonna turn down 750,000 notes is she!
  • I missed the flag bit but good on her. As if eurovision isn't political anyway - at least the voting.
  • I missed the flag bit but good on her. As if eurovision isn't political anyway - at least the voting.
  • Can't say I'm a fan of Eurovision but this does sound like a really fun way to watch it much better than not even being able to vote for your own country IMO!

I have to agree that Eurovision seems very political so why not throw her own political message in there, even if it's just to distract from the performance quality
  • Can't say I'm a fan of Eurovision but this does sound like a really fun way to watch it much better than not even being able to vote for your own country IMO!

I have to agree that Eurovision seems very political so why not throw her own political message in there, even if it's just to distract from the performance quality
  • I believe the universal feeling was that Madonna would have scored nul points for that performance
  • I believe the universal feeling was that Madonna would have scored nul points for that performance
  • Nataly getting a group of friends together with every intention of travelling to the venue once it has been finalised in the Netherlands.
  • Nataly getting a group of friends together with every intention of travelling to the venue once it has been finalised in the Netherlands.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Daspy View Post
    Nataly getting a group of friends together with every intention of travelling to the venue once it has been finalised in the Netherlands.
    amazing! that'd be so fun... if you go, I strongly recommend trying some 'poffertjes', 'bitterballen' and 'stroopwaffel' - my fav Dutch food, worth making the trip just for that
  • Quote Originally Posted by Daspy View Post
    Nataly getting a group of friends together with every intention of travelling to the venue once it has been finalised in the Netherlands.
    amazing! that'd be so fun... if you go, I strongly recommend trying some 'poffertjes', 'bitterballen' and 'stroopwaffel' - my fav Dutch food, worth making the trip just for that
  • Nataly when it happens will keep PP in the loop. Especially those 9 members who may not have understood what the vote was about! I am sure I've heard that idea about another Euro poll. Let me think???
  • Nataly when it happens will keep PP in the loop. Especially those 9 members who may not have understood what the vote was about! I am sure I've heard that idea about another Euro poll. Let me think???