• My account

Hi I want to know why my account save -£200 +
  • Hi I want to know why my account save -£200 +

• Don’t worry, this is how pp charging works. They take a fixed direct debit of a pre calculated amount once every month ( this amount changes from summer and winter months, more in winter than summer) then every month when You give pure planet your meter readings, they calculate your usage in pounds and deduct that from your amount in your account
    Nothing to worry about- my account says -£400
    Hope this helps
  • Don’t worry, this is how pp charging works. They take a fixed direct debit of a pre calculated amount once every month ( this amount changes from summer and winter months, more in winter than summer) then every month when You give pure planet your meter readings, they calculate your usage in pounds and deduct that from your amount in your account
    Nothing to worry about- my account says -£400
    Hope this helps

• Hi Kora,

Welcome to the community a forum set up by PP and utilised by customer members like ourselves.

I guess you mean that your account is advising more than a months credit?
    It should be noted that our accounts should hold some credit, approx 1 months credit especially leading up to the colder periods.
    PP do carry out account reviews a couple of times a year, but you do not have to wait for this process.

So proceed to contact PP inside the APP.
    Open Help - Open ask wattBot
    First type: "Message the Team" and ask for a DD review....
    Response within 2 days or sooner, so keeping looking at wattBot for a team members response.

Hope this assists.
  • Hi Kora,

Welcome to the community a forum set up by PP and utilised by customer members like ourselves.

I guess you mean that your account is advising more than a months credit?
    It should be noted that our accounts should hold some credit, approx 1 months credit especially leading up to the colder periods.
    PP do carry out account reviews a couple of times a year, but you do not have to wait for this process.

So proceed to contact PP inside the APP.
    Open Help - Open ask wattBot
    First type: "Message the Team" and ask for a DD review....
    Response within 2 days or sooner, so keeping looking at wattBot for a team members response.

Hope this assists.

• Quote Originally Posted by ahmedhas View Post
    Don’t worry, this is how pp charging works. They take a fixed direct debit of a pre calculated amount once every month ( this amount changes from summer and winter months, more in winter than summer) then every month when You give pure planet your meter readings, they calculate your usage in pounds and deduct that from your amount in your account
    Hi Ahmedhas
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that is how it works... sorry if I've misunderstood what you posted.

PP take a direct debit every month - and that's it. The monthly meter readings mean they can produce figures showing your actual usage in both pounds and KwH, but they don't take any more money.
    If your meter readings reveal that your direct debit is proving either too much or too little, then they will propose an adjustment.
    I think that's what happens, others will tell me if I'm wrong!
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by ahmedhas View Post
    Don’t worry, this is how pp charging works. They take a fixed direct debit of a pre calculated amount once every month ( this amount changes from summer and winter months, more in winter than summer) then every month when You give pure planet your meter readings, they calculate your usage in pounds and deduct that from your amount in your account
    Hi Ahmedhas
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that is how it works... sorry if I've misunderstood what you posted.

PP take a direct debit every month - and that's it. The monthly meter readings mean they can produce figures showing your actual usage in both pounds and KwH, but they don't take any more money.
    If your meter readings reveal that your direct debit is proving either too much or too little, then they will propose an adjustment.
    Stephen

• hi Stephen, I think either you or I may have misunderstood Ahmedhas post, as far as I can see he never said the amount of the DD changes according to your usage, he said it changes according to whether it's winter or summer.
    What is slightly more of a concern is that he thinks being £400 in debit is normal...(If I've understood that correctly) - it isn't unless he's a very very (very) high user.
    If his monthly is about what I would consider average-ish (I'll stick my neck out here and say for example £80 to £100 in summer), I can't see him catching up in 6 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Ahmedhas

Stephen
  • hi Stephen, I think either you or I may have misunderstood Ahmedhas post, as far as I can see he never said the amount of the DD changes according to your usage, he said it changes according to whether it's winter or summer.
    What is slightly more of a concern is that he thinks being £400 in debit is normal...(If I've understood that correctly) - it isn't unless he's a very very (very) high user.
    If his monthly is about what I would consider average-ish (I'll stick my neck out here and say for example £80 to £100 in summer), I can't see him catching up in 6 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Ahmedhas

Stephen

• hi Kora
    I don't work for PP and this is a public community, but...to help answer your question,
    If you don't mind me asking...

How long have you been with PP?
    How much is your monthly payment at the moment?
    Is this your first statement?
    Are there any ACTUAL readings on the statement or are they all estimated?
    Does the statement balance say minus £200?

Quote Originally Posted by Kora ingham View Post
  • hi Kora
    I don't work for PP and this is a public community, but...to help answer your question,
    If you don't mind me asking...

How long have you been with PP?
    How much is your monthly payment at the moment?
    Is this your first statement?
    Are there any ACTUAL readings on the statement or are they all estimated?
    Does the statement balance say minus £200?

Quote Originally Posted by Kora ingham View Post

• Hi everyone, so sorry for muddying the waters here! My dd for may is £130 and account does say -£409 what am I doing wrong? Thanks
  • Hi everyone, so sorry for muddying the waters here! My dd for may is £130 and account does say -£409 what am I doing wrong? Thanks

• Good morning ahmedhas,

So your annual DD is £1,950 and you are in Debit of £409.00.
    (Warmer Periods x 6 £780 re Colder Period x 6 £1,170)

When did you join PP?
    Have you had a DD review?
    Sorry just to satisfy my wee mind you send frequent metre reads?
    Thats a lot of energy usage.
    Are you dual fuel?
    EV?

Sorry you don't have to answer any of that as curiosity has got the better of me.

I'll be interested in what other members have to say and of course your feed back

Have a great day
    Last edited by Strutt G; 16-05-19 at 10:52.
  • Good morning ahmedhas,

(Warmer Periods x 6 £780 re Colder Period x 6 £1,170)

When did you join PP?
    Are you dual fuel?
    EV?

Sorry you don't have to answer any of that as curiosity has got the better of me.

I'll be interested in what other members have to say and of course your feed back

Have a great day

• hi ahmedas, are you sure it’s minus £409 and not plus £409?
    Given the amount you’re paying unless you have a very large badly insulated house, (i’m not asking) it seems unlikely that you’ve manage to overuse by about £560 in the relatively short time you’ve been with PP. Have another look.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedhas View Post
    Hi everyone, so sorry for muddying the waters here! My dd for may is £130 and account does say -£409 what am I doing wrong? Thanks
  • hi ahmedas, are you sure it’s minus £409 and not plus £409?
    Given the amount you’re paying unless you have a very large badly insulated house, (i’m not asking) it seems unlikely that you’ve manage to overuse by about £560 in the relatively short time you’ve been with PP. Have another look.
    Hi everyone, so sorry for muddying the waters here! My dd for may is £130 and account does say -£409 what am I doing wrong? Thanks

• Could be an EV, I never thought of that...or 6 bedrooms all who sleep with open windows in the winter...
    ​btw £780 and £1170 (but your annual is correct, you just dropped in an extra 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Good morning ahmedhas,

(Warmer Periods x 6 £780 re Colder Period x 6 £1,1170)

When did you join PP?
    Are you dual fuel?
    EV?

Have a great day
  • Could be an EV, I never thought of that...or 6 bedrooms all who sleep with open windows in the winter...
    ​btw £780 and £1170 (but your annual is correct, you just dropped in an extra 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Good morning ahmedhas,

(Warmer Periods x 6 £780 re Colder Period x 6 £1,1170)

When did you join PP?
    Are you dual fuel?
    EV?

Have a great day

• Hey Woz the extra 1 is gone - eye en eye of the eagle...Peace G
  • Hey Woz the extra 1 is gone - eye en eye of the eagle...Peace G

• Hello, we don’t have an ev but there are 7 people in the house with 5 bedrooms. We are dual fuel and been with pp since the latter part of last year.

We do meter readings almost every month and woz, it definitely says. -£409.49. If I could add photo I would show you my usage—- energy cost peaked in February with £339 (family have heating on way too much for my liking) but last month has dropped to £241. When I type it like this I’m realising how expensive or energy use is! . appreciate your help! Figured out how to upload images:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ahmedhas; 16-05-19 at 18:15.
  • Hello, we don’t have an ev but there are 7 people in the house with 5 bedrooms. We are dual fuel and been with pp since the latter part of last year.

We do meter readings almost every month and woz, it definitely says. -£409.49. If I could add photo I would show you my usage—- energy cost peaked in February with £339 (family have heating on way too much for my liking) but last month has dropped to £241. When I type it like this I’m realising how expensive or energy use is! . appreciate your help! Figured out how to upload images:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

• hi Ahmedhas
    ooohhh, not good...you're going to need to increase your DD. With those readings it isn't going to catch up.
    If your figures are correct and there is no misreading of meters, (I truly hope there is another explanation) your consumption is about 50% higher than your quote, which seems strange.
    If your house was reasonably well insulated and you didn't set the thermostat to more than 20 or 21 deg even with 5 bedrooms I'd sort of expect a worst case of £2400 a year which would be £240 winter and £160 summer.
    Obviously there are a lot of variables.

​Does your gas meter measure in cubic metres?
    What model of boiler do you have?

I think we may need to help you knock your consumption into shape..

Roughly how much percentage wise is electric and how much is gas?
    Have you changed to LED lightbulbs?
    Is your insulation up to scratch?
    Do you leave a lot of stuff switched on, when it could be switched off?
  • hi Ahmedhas
    ooohhh, not good...you're going to need to increase your DD. With those readings it isn't going to catch up.
    If your figures are correct and there is no misreading of meters, (I truly hope there is another explanation) your consumption is about 50% higher than your quote, which seems strange.
    If your house was reasonably well insulated and you didn't set the thermostat to more than 20 or 21 deg even with 5 bedrooms I'd sort of expect a worst case of £2400 a year which would be £240 winter and £160 summer.
    Obviously there are a lot of variables.

​Does your gas meter measure in cubic metres?
    What model of boiler do you have?

I think we may need to help you knock your consumption into shape..

Roughly how much percentage wise is electric and how much is gas?
    Have you changed to LED lightbulbs?
    Is your insulation up to scratch?
    Do you leave a lot of stuff switched on, when it could be switched off?

• Hi woz, I’m not at home atm I will check my meter when I get home but all our lightbulbs are LEDs bar a couple. Heat I never past 17 degrees c but no double glazing
    Will check out my meter and get back to u thanks
  • Hi woz, I’m not at home atm I will check my meter when I get home but all our lightbulbs are LEDs bar a couple. Heat I never past 17 degrees c but no double glazing

• hi Ahmedhas
    you need to figure out where you're using all that energy.
    I suggest starting with taking daily meter readings and keeping a record.
    That won't tell you where the energy is being used but it will be a good start for some detective work.
    How much of your cost is gas and how much is electric?
    later edit:
    I find it hard to accept the 17 deg figure because
    1. That is uncomfortable for most people in a house (I could believe 19) and
    2. If that were the case your bills would be nowhere near what they are now. It simply doesn't make sense.
    ​Do you have very high ceilings?
    Hi woz, I’m not at home atm I will check my meter when I get home but all our lightbulbs are LEDs bar a couple. Heat I never past 17 degrees c but no double glazing
    Last edited by woz; 17-05-19 at 15:43. Reason: burning pants...
  • hi Ahmedhas
    you need to figure out where you're using all that energy.
    I suggest starting with taking daily meter readings and keeping a record.
    That won't tell you where the energy is being used but it will be a good start for some detective work.
    How much of your cost is gas and how much is electric?
    later edit:
    I find it hard to accept the 17 deg figure because
    1. That is uncomfortable for most people in a house (I could believe 19) and
    2. If that were the case your bills would be nowhere near what they are now. It simply doesn't make sense.
    ​Do you have very high ceilings?
    Hi woz, I’m not at home atm I will check my meter when I get home but all our lightbulbs are LEDs bar a couple. Heat I never past 17 degrees c but no double glazing