• Failed payments, no fixed DD amounts or fixed payment dates.

I've just received my monthly statement and I'm surprised to find two payments are coming out my bank on the 30th May. After looking at my bank statement I see you have failed to collect April's amount and so stuck it on May's bill. How am I meant to budget when you fail to take payments? Secondly, I signed up to pure planet on the terms of a fixed monthly DD and a fixed payment date, to help me budget. I'm getting different payment dates, different amounts which I'm thinking is a breach of our contract together?

I want fixed payment amounts every month, taking from my bank on the 1st of every month.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I've just received my monthly statement and I'm surprised to find two payments are coming out my bank on the 30th May. After looking at my bank statement I see you have failed to collect April's amount and so stuck it on May's bill. How am I meant to budget when you fail to take payments? Secondly, I signed up to pure planet on the terms of a fixed monthly DD and a fixed payment date, to help me budget. I'm getting different payment dates, different amounts which I'm thinking is a breach of our contract together?

I want fixed payment amounts every month, taking from my bank on the 1st of every month.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Mamashango184,

If you look at your welcome pack you was advised that DD's from April to September are 40% of your advised usage quotation. From October to March 60%. It was clear to me before I joined and makes sense, less DD's for the warmer period and a higher DD's proportion for the colder period. Sorry not the answer you wanted.

Link from the FaQ's
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...nter#ckb_start

Your missed DD in one month then getting 2 the following month was down to the Bank Holiday.
    Its the Bank and how their process timing.

​Have a great day
    Last edited by Strutt G; 15-05-19 at 08:13.
  • Hi Mamashango184,

If you look at your welcome pack you was advised that DD's from April to September are 40% of your advised usage quotation. From October to March 60%. It was clear to me before I joined and makes sense, less DD's for the warmer period and a higher DD's proportion for the colder period. Sorry not the answer you wanted.

Link from the FaQ's
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...nter#ckb_start

Your missed DD in one month then getting 2 the following month was down to the Bank Holiday.
    Its the Bank and how their process timing.

​Have a great day

• Hi Mammashango 184, and welcome to the Community forum. I would suggest that you re-read your Welcome Pack email again to understand what you've actually agreed with PP. Also if you can take the time to read through the various articles contained within the App especially the FAQ section, you will find answers and explanations for most scenarios. The various sections of the App contains every aspect and details of your individual energy supply. Best of luck..... Information is power.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Mammashango 184, and welcome to the Community forum. I would suggest that you re-read your Welcome Pack email again to understand what you've actually agreed with PP. Also if you can take the time to read through the various articles contained within the App especially the FAQ section, you will find answers and explanations for most scenarios. The various sections of the App contains every aspect and details of your individual energy supply. Best of luck..... Information is power.
    Gray4276

• hi mamashango184
    Welcome to the community.
    Whilst I’m sure this was a glitch possibly caused by being unable to collect the first payment due to bank hol or some other unspecified issue, it seems that PP have informed you well in advance that they are going to take the first payment late, so they have fulfilled the terms of their contract. I don’t think there is an agenda to take random payments. (and I can't see how you can argue that you've been disadvantaged as the money should still be in your account if they didn't take it)
    The date of the next collection is more of an issue for you.
    You can’t change the date of the first dd, ( The first payment is always set by the date you switch in) but you can change subsequent ones, and it seems that your date is set to 30th at the moment. You should therefore change it which you can do in the app.
    If you don’t change it I suspect your payments will continue being taken on 30th.
    What I'm less sure of is whether you can change the date yet as your first payment hasn't gone out yet. I would go to the app and see if you can change it to 1st or wait until the two payments have been taken, as that's less likely to cause any problems.
    As others have replied the payment is fixed apart from the Winter/Summer change which you already know about.
    You can't (at the moment) fix it to be exactly the same for 12 months, that's not how PP works.

Last edited by woz; 16-05-19 at 01:37.
  • hi mamashango184
    Welcome to the community.
    Whilst I’m sure this was a glitch possibly caused by being unable to collect the first payment due to bank hol or some other unspecified issue, it seems that PP have informed you well in advance that they are going to take the first payment late, so they have fulfilled the terms of their contract. I don’t think there is an agenda to take random payments. (and I can't see how you can argue that you've been disadvantaged as the money should still be in your account if they didn't take it)
    The date of the next collection is more of an issue for you.
    You can’t change the date of the first dd, ( The first payment is always set by the date you switch in) but you can change subsequent ones, and it seems that your date is set to 30th at the moment. You should therefore change it which you can do in the app.
    If you don’t change it I suspect your payments will continue being taken on 30th.
    What I'm less sure of is whether you can change the date yet as your first payment hasn't gone out yet. I would go to the app and see if you can change it to 1st or wait until the two payments have been taken, as that's less likely to cause any problems.
    As others have replied the payment is fixed apart from the Winter/Summer change which you already know about.
    You can't (at the moment) fix it to be exactly the same for 12 months, that's not how PP works.