• Monzo account £50 switch? I don't realy want to swithch my

I don't really want to change my Pureplanet account to Monzo but they are offering £50 to do so. Is this worth it?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I don't really want to change my Pureplanet account to Monzo but they are offering £50 to do so. Is this worth it?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Donon38,

Welcome to the community.

Monzo is your Bank and they're offering 2 supplier choices.
    Both these suppliers work out more expensive based on my usage and I would not be saving £50, it would be actually costing more!

Based on my calculation I would be regarding this (my opinion) as a dressed up offer and no more than a gimmick.
    Although I see no problem with companies Monzo are offering as they are well established.

If I have a supplier that is providing me a good deal and I could save money by switching it would take a lot more than £50 for me to leave when the service I receive works, but this Monzo example indicates to me that I would get £50 through the front door and "over £100" out the back door.

All the best
    Last edited by Strutt G; 14-05-19 at 21:39.
  • Hi Donon38,

Both these suppliers work out more expensive based on my usage and I would not be saving £50, it would be actually costing more!

Based on my calculation I would be regarding this (my opinion) as a dressed up offer and no more than a gimmick.
    Although I see no problem with companies Monzo are offering as they are well established.

If I have a supplier that is providing me a good deal and I could save money by switching it would take a lot more than £50 for me to leave when the service I receive works, but this Monzo example indicates to me that I would get £50 through the front door and "over £100" out the back door.

All the best

• hi G
    ha- just been scratching my head at your post until I realised what you meant!
    Monzo have built up a large fan base, shame on them for trying to capitalise on it in such a non-transparent manner.

I have an idea, perhaps PP could offer £50 for their customers who switch bank accounts, but only offer it with a couple of banks?
    What do you say PP?

disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Donon38,

All the best
    Last edited by woz; 14-05-19 at 22:49.
  • hi G
    ha- just been scratching my head at your post until I realised what you meant!
    Monzo have built up a large fan base, shame on them for trying to capitalise on it in such a non-transparent manner.

I have an idea, perhaps PP could offer £50 for their customers who switch bank accounts, but only offer it with a couple of banks?
    What do you say PP?

disclaimer

Hi Donon38,

All the best

• Ah Woz you was thinking that geezer G is being a Gonzo again!

Monzo - Agreed its a sad style... of an offer indeed...
    Last edited by Strutt G; 14-05-19 at 22:57.
  • Ah Woz you was thinking that geezer G is being a Gonzo again!

• ha -Here's the costume if you fancy a go...
    Name:  supergonzo1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  46.1 KB
    Ah Woz you was thinking that geezer G is being a Gonzo again!

• ha -Here's the costume if you fancy a go...
    Name:  supergonzo1.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  46.1 KB
    Ah Woz you was thinking that geezer G is being a Gonzo again!

• Zapped due to a custard shortage.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 15-05-19 at 07:33.
  • Zapped due to a custard shortage.

• At least PP got some free advertising on the Monzo blog
    Name:  monzoblog.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  39.1 KB
  • At least PP got some free advertising on the Monzo blog
    Name:  monzoblog.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  39.1 KB