Poll: Do you prefer Apple or Google (Android) phones?

• Bit excited πŸ€ͺπŸ™ƒπŸ˜¬
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Bit excited πŸ€ͺπŸ™ƒπŸ˜¬

WALT WHITMAN
  • Now this is very interesting - the 'Fairphone' - which is ethically made, runs on Android and will last 5 years.
    You can even repair it yourself!
    It's got a great review in the Guardian.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Now this is very interesting - the 'Fairphone' - which is ethically made, runs on Android and will last 5 years.
    You can even repair it yourself!
    It's got a great review in the Guardian.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • So yesterday I finally succumbed, and bought this little bad boy!

Name:  AEAEA4A4-B08F-42F1-A8E4-869DE2A5F6DB.jpeg
Views: 34
Size:  1.25 MB

Mint Green.

Lot to get used to after having my reliable old faithful brick for years, but having the iPad made setting it up a whole lot easier πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • So yesterday I finally succumbed, and bought this little bad boy!

Mint Green.

Lot to get used to after having my reliable old faithful brick for years, but having the iPad made setting it up a whole lot easier πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    So yesterday I finally succumbed, and bought this little bad boy!

Mint Green.

Lot to get used to after having my reliable old faithful brick for years, but having the iPad made setting it up a whole lot easier οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
    wow!

I'd love to know how you're finding it - must be very different?

My phone's due an upgrade and I am tempted... though this thread is also making me consider an Android!!

Decisions decisions
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
    So yesterday I finally succumbed, and bought this little bad boy!

Mint Green.

Lot to get used to after having my reliable old faithful brick for years, but having the iPad made setting it up a whole lot easier οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
    wow!

I'd love to know how you're finding it - must be very different?

My phone's due an upgrade and I am tempted... though this thread is also making me consider an Android!!

Decisions decisions
    • The first snow of winter arrives! β›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tipsπŸ’šπŸŽ…β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations βœ¨β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?πŸ€”β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • I went for 🍎cos adore my iPad, so having had the lovely little reliable brick for soooo long, knew be big adjustment. Thought having iPad would help a bit.

But boy oh boy, it’s a big big change! Sounds crazy calling the old phone a brick now, as this new bad boy is HUGE πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„, soooooo scared of dropping it! Soooo heavy! Need a case first before start using it. Getting used to it tho, set all the settings, and having the iPad already with an Apple account obviously made getting it set up a whole lot quicker via blue tooth πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

So real early days, and just getting used to handling it at mo, and setting it all up, so putting the SIM in and going live with it hee πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ will be when get a case and feel more confident with it.

Have got two weeks if wanna send it back, they’ve confirmed that’s fine even if opened and used πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘but determined to grow to like it hopefully πŸ™. I remember how long it took me to adjust to iPad after laptop, I’d never ever had 🍎before, and now totally addicted to iPad and absolutely love it, so think be same with this πŸ™πŸ€³πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • I went for 🍎cos adore my iPad, so having had the lovely little reliable brick for soooo long, knew be big adjustment. Thought having iPad would help a bit.

But boy oh boy, it’s a big big change! Sounds crazy calling the old phone a brick now, as this new bad boy is HUGE πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„, soooooo scared of dropping it! Soooo heavy! Need a case first before start using it. Getting used to it tho, set all the settings, and having the iPad already with an Apple account obviously made getting it set up a whole lot quicker via blue tooth πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

So real early days, and just getting used to handling it at mo, and setting it all up, so putting the SIM in and going live with it hee πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ will be when get a case and feel more confident with it.

Have got two weeks if wanna send it back, they’ve confirmed that’s fine even if opened and used πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘but determined to grow to like it hopefully πŸ™. I remember how long it took me to adjust to iPad after laptop, I’d never ever had 🍎before, and now totally addicted to iPad and absolutely love it, so think be same with this πŸ™πŸ€³πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hey @Bev
    Nice phone! How are you finding it after a week?
    (Great choice of colour too IMHO)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hey @Bev
    Nice phone! How are you finding it after a week?
    (Great choice of colour too IMHO)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • I’m not much further forward πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, bit of a 🐌pace tbh honest Marc, truth be told, but no rush, no rush. Getting used to handling it, and finding my way around it, sound a right old lady πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚or an alien just landed, but know if take it one step at a time, I’ll grow to like it, rather than rush and become frustrated πŸ‘.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I’m not much further forward πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, bit of a 🐌pace tbh honest Marc, truth be told, but no rush, no rush. Getting used to handling it, and finding my way around it, sound a right old lady πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚or an alien just landed, but know if take it one step at a time, I’ll grow to like it, rather than rush and become frustrated πŸ‘.

WALT WHITMAN
    I’m not much further forward truth be told, but no rush, no rush. Getting used to handling it, and finding my way around it
    Too right @Bev
    No hurry! I'm still using a 6S Plus which is now a whopping FOUR years old. Still finding new things it can do!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    I’m not much further forward truth be told, but no rush, no rush. Getting used to handling it, and finding my way around it
    Too right @Bev
    No hurry! I'm still using a 6S Plus which is now a whopping FOUR years old. Still finding new things it can do!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Too right @Bev
    I take it then that you never took the plunge. When you started this thread, you were thinking of upgrading. I don't blame you though, if your phone is working ok why go to the expense of replacing it
    Too right @Bev
    I take it then that you never took the plunge. When you started this thread, you were thinking of upgrading. I don't blame you though, if your phone is working ok why go to the expense of replacing it
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Because I'm easily tempted by shiny new things @Duppy
    I may still - eventually - give Android a go instead of Apple. But, yes, you're right that it's not a must right now.
    Waiting to see what Google announces on 15 October.
    Last edited by Marc; 01-10-19 at 16:26. Reason: typo (slow down Marc)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Because I'm easily tempted by shiny new things @Duppy
    I may still - eventually - give Android a go instead of Apple. But, yes, you're right that it's not a must right now.
    Waiting to see what Google announces on 15 October.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Too right @Bev
    Thats the thing with πŸŽπŸ™„ No instructions, it’s all about finding out as you go along. I look back to when I got the iPad six years ago now πŸ™€and amazed how I picked it all up really, looking back. We do tho, don’t we, but as you say, always something new to learn. I’ve decided to try just stick to its basics, then any extras I can learn as I go along, and it’ll be a bonus. They always do way way way more than we need. Trying to learn it all in one go hurts my head!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Last edited by Bev; 01-10-19 at 18:26. Reason: Smashing book β€œMortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing” πŸŽ£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
    Too right @Bev
    Thats the thing with πŸŽπŸ™„ No instructions, it’s all about finding out as you go along. I look back to when I got the iPad six years ago now πŸ™€and amazed how I picked it all up really, looking back. We do tho, don’t we, but as you say, always something new to learn. I’ve decided to try just stick to its basics, then any extras I can learn as I go along, and it’ll be a bonus. They always do way way way more than we need. Trying to learn it all in one go hurts my head!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • hi Bev
    if you find yourself at a loose end and willing to waste hours of your time (or maybe a few minutes...) look HERE HERE and HERE
    Also it may seem expensive but get yourself a decent case unless phone is insured , my case has saved the phone many times, the only downside is it makes it clunky. I do like it to be pretty but you can't have everything...
    Like marc mine is ancient, but it does almost everything I need (I say almost because it won't do certain things the later models will do).

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Thats the thing with οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ No instructions, it’s all about finding out as you go along. I look back to when I got the iPad six years ago now οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½and amazed how I picked it all up really, looking back. We do tho, don’t we, but as you say, always something new to learn. I’ve decided to try just stick to its basics, then any extras I can learn as I go along, and it’ll be a bonus. They always do way way way more than we need. Trying to learn it all in one go hurts my head!οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • hi Bev
    if you find yourself at a loose end and willing to waste hours of your time (or maybe a few minutes...) look HERE HERE and HERE
    Also it may seem expensive but get yourself a decent case unless phone is insured , my case has saved the phone many times, the only downside is it makes it clunky. I do like it to be pretty but you can't have everything...
    Like marc mine is ancient, but it does almost everything I need (I say almost because it won't do certain things the later models will do).

Thats the thing with οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ No instructions, it’s all about finding out as you go along. I look back to when I got the iPad six years ago now οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½and amazed how I picked it all up really, looking back. We do tho, don’t we, but as you say, always something new to learn. I’ve decided to try just stick to its basics, then any extras I can learn as I go along, and it’ll be a bonus. They always do way way way more than we need. Trying to learn it all in one go hurts my head!οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • Spent ages last night browsing cases our Wozeeta πŸ‘πŸ‘. Think it’s really essential after spending so much on a phone. So easy to drop or scratch as you say.

I was like you for years, knowing my old faithful brick was doing all I needed πŸ‘but I really had to invest as it was absolutely covered in black tape to keep it together, bless it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, and screen was soooooo on its last legs. I’m still finding it hard to part with it even now, no lie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • Spent ages last night browsing cases our Wozeeta πŸ‘πŸ‘. Think it’s really essential after spending so much on a phone. So easy to drop or scratch as you say.

I was like you for years, knowing my old faithful brick was doing all I needed πŸ‘but I really had to invest as it was absolutely covered in black tape to keep it together, bless it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, and screen was soooooo on its last legs. I’m still finding it hard to part with it even now, no lie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • ha
    if you keep it as a spare you'll never need to use it...
    and if you throw it away you will...

Spent ages last night browsing cases our Wozeeta οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½. Think it’s really essential after spending so much on a phone. So easy to drop or scratch as you say.

I was like you for years, knowing my old faithful brick was doing all I needed οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½but I really had to invest as it was absolutely covered in black tape to keep it together, bless it οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ ½οΏ½, and screen was soooooo on its last legs. I’m still finding it hard to part with it even now, no lie οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • ha
    if you keep it as a spare you'll never need to use it...
    and if you throw it away you will...

Spent ages last night browsing cases our Wozeeta οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½. Think it’s really essential after spending so much on a phone. So easy to drop or scratch as you say.

I was like you for years, knowing my old faithful brick was doing all I needed οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½but I really had to invest as it was absolutely covered in black tape to keep it together, bless it οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ ½οΏ½, and screen was soooooo on its last legs. I’m still finding it hard to part with it even now, no lie οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
  • Sod’s law, exactly Wozeeta πŸ™„πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
    Last edited by Bev; 01-10-19 at 19:27. Reason: Please sir, can I have some more πŸ₯£?

WALT WHITMAN
  • Sod’s law, exactly Wozeeta πŸ™„πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN