• Smart meters

Mine is a SMET1 meter I believe, fitted by British Gas. When can I have it converted to SMET2?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Mine is a SMET1 meter I believe, fitted by British Gas. When can I have it converted to SMET2?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Damienbfn View Post
    Mine is a SMET1 meter I believe, fitted by British Gas. When can I have it converted to SMET2?
    Hi @Damienbfn
    Fellow community member @woz is spot on, we're currently running a pilot of SMETS2 installations. There's a recent update on that here.
    The update also covers SMETS1. There are plans to make these smart again and connect them to the SMETS2 network. If and when depends on which model you've got. Plus we're in the hands of a national body regulated by Ofgem which is called the Data and Communications Company.
    Check out this FAQ.
    Hope that helps
    (And BTW I've moved your post and this thread to the smart meters section too )
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Damienbfn View Post
    Hi @Damienbfn
    Fellow community member @woz is spot on, we're currently running a pilot of SMETS2 installations. There's a recent update on that here.
    The update also covers SMETS1. There are plans to make these smart again and connect them to the SMETS2 network. If and when depends on which model you've got. Plus we're in the hands of a national body regulated by Ofgem which is called the Data and Communications Company.
    Check out this FAQ.
    Hope that helps
    (And BTW I've moved your post and this thread to the smart meters section too )
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• hi damian
    PP have just run a trial with a view to a full roll out but interest is high so I’m unsure of the expected timeframe.
    I’m sure Someone from PP will give you a realistic estimate. I know that seems unhelpful but the trial was very popular.
  • hi damian
    PP have just run a trial with a view to a full roll out but interest is high so I’m unsure of the expected timeframe.
    I’m sure Someone from PP will give you a realistic estimate. I know that seems unhelpful but the trial was very popular.