Poll: Do you require spectacles / contacts?

• Should have gone to Specsavers πŸ€“πŸ‘πŸ‘€πŸ‘“

Totally random Polly this, but had my sight test πŸ‘ today so was just wondering if you wear spectacles πŸ‘“ or not.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Totally random Polly this, but had my sight test πŸ‘ today so was just wondering if you wear spectacles πŸ‘“ or not.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Haha Bev fun poll

I don't need glasses (yet)... lucky for me as I really don't suit them at all!! Some people look great in glasses though
  • Haha Bev fun poll

I don't need glasses (yet)... lucky for me as I really don't suit them at all!! Some people look great in glasses though
  • Ditto Nat! I think I’d be hopeless trying to find glasses to suit me too! You’re right tho, some people soooooooo suit them πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Ditto Nat! I think I’d be hopeless trying to find glasses to suit me too! You’re right tho, some people soooooooo suit them πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Bev, You should have posted this in bigger type, sorry can't reply as unable to read it...
  • Bev, You should have posted this in bigger type, sorry can't reply as unable to read it...
  • I don't need glasses all the time, but need them for driving and close up when it's dark or when watching the D ray.
    Reaally P'd off cos I love sun glasses so adorn 2 pairs when I drive on a sunny day, a layered, but walleyed look.
  • I don't need glasses all the time, but need them for driving and close up when it's dark or when watching the D ray.
    Reaally P'd off cos I love sun glasses so adorn 2 pairs when I drive on a sunny day, a layered, but walleyed look.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Bev, You should have posted this in bigger type, sorry can't reply as unable to read it...
    β€‹πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Bev, You should have posted this in bigger type, sorry can't reply as unable to read it...
    β€‹πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • I’ve had glasses since I was 15. Occasionally wear contacts. But now look even worse without glasses.
    I hate choosing a new pair too.

And I lost my Oakley prescription sunglasses which were brilliant.
  • I’ve had glasses since I was 15. Occasionally wear contacts. But now look even worse without glasses.
    I hate choosing a new pair too.

And I lost my Oakley prescription sunglasses which were brilliant.
  • I'm the same age as the 7 Up kids and have been wearing specs full time since we first met the kids.
    Episode 9 (63 Up) premieres tomorrow night!
  • I'm the same age as the 7 Up kids and have been wearing specs full time since we first met the kids.
    Episode 9 (63 Up) premieres tomorrow night!
  • Long time glasses wearer and it seems my next pair will likely need to be varifocals. I can't get my head around losing clarity at the sides though, and especially having to pay hundreds more to widen the field, i.e. to narrow the amount of blur at the sides (Peripheral distortion)

I know it is something you will just get used to as the norm, but at present I don't like the idea of varifocals at all!
  • Long time glasses wearer and it seems my next pair will likely need to be varifocals. I can't get my head around losing clarity at the sides though, and especially having to pay hundreds more to widen the field, i.e. to narrow the amount of blur at the sides (Peripheral distortion)

I know it is something you will just get used to as the norm, but at present I don't like the idea of varifocals at all!
  • Hi Jenam93,

Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post
    Long time glasses wearer and it seems my next pair will likely need to be varifocals. I can't get my head around losing clarity at the sides though, and especially having to pay hundreds more to widen the field, i.e. to narrow the amount of blur at the sides (Peripheral distortion)

I am a varifocal convert, I tried them for the first time over 12 years ago, and I was also concerned about the reported "side blur" problem. I got used to them very quickly, and never looked back (bad pun).
    Unfortunately, later, due to some financial issues at the time, I was forced to get single focal lenses.......never again, I could not get used to not having Varifocal lenses. I was struggling to see the ground clearly etc. I will never revert back to standard single lenses again.
    Gray4276
  • Hi Jenam93,

Long time glasses wearer and it seems my next pair will likely need to be varifocals. I can't get my head around losing clarity at the sides though, and especially having to pay hundreds more to widen the field, i.e. to narrow the amount of blur at the sides (Peripheral distortion)

I am a varifocal convert, I tried them for the first time over 12 years ago, and I was also concerned about the reported "side blur" problem. I got used to them very quickly, and never looked back (bad pun).
    Unfortunately, later, due to some financial issues at the time, I was forced to get single focal lenses.......never again, I could not get used to not having Varifocal lenses. I was struggling to see the ground clearly etc. I will never revert back to standard single lenses again.
    Gray4276
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hi Jenam93,

Ha, see now you are scaring me!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gray4276 View Post
    Hi Jenam93,

• Hi Jenam93,

Don't be scared off.....the new glasses were not that expensive......it was my own personal financial situation that caused the problem, due to not being in work at the time.....etc etc

My personal recommendation is Varifocals - YES.....Single/Standard lenses - NO
    Gray4276
  • Hi Jenam93,

Don't be scared off.....the new glasses were not that expensive......it was my own personal financial situation that caused the problem, due to not being in work at the time.....etc etc

My personal recommendation is Varifocals - YES.....Single/Standard lenses - NO
    Gray4276
  • Been a glasses wearer for 45+years essential piece of kit. Very expensive to get thin enough lenses so I do not damage my neck. Do not care too much for fashion, so any frames are acceptable, up to a point.
  • Been a glasses wearer for 45+years essential piece of kit. Very expensive to get thin enough lenses so I do not damage my neck. Do not care too much for fashion, so any frames are acceptable, up to a point.
  • I asked my optician about getting me contact lenses. She said I'm not suitable as my prescription changes every year, and not just for the worse. Some years my distance vision improves!

The net result is I have specs scattered all over the house, car and boat; none of which I can ever find when I need them

Right now I'm wearing a pair of slightly varifocals which allows me to focus on the screen, just over arm's length away, plus the keyboard, and notepad off to one side.
  • I asked my optician about getting me contact lenses. She said I'm not suitable as my prescription changes every year, and not just for the worse. Some years my distance vision improves!

The net result is I have specs scattered all over the house, car and boat; none of which I can ever find when I need them

Right now I'm wearing a pair of slightly varifocals which allows me to focus on the screen, just over arm's length away, plus the keyboard, and notepad off to one side.